The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ann Romney: Biggest Fear Is For Mitt's 'Mental Well-Being'

dudeone

Ann Romney: Biggest Fear Is For Mitt's 'Mental Well-Being'

Reuters | Posted: 09/28/2012 8:01 pm EDT Updated: 09/29/2012 9:59 am EDT

WASHINGTON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Ann Romney told a Nevada television station her biggest concern if her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, becomes president was his "mental well-being."

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

Mrs. Romney has been campaigning hard for her husband, with some bumps in the road. She had minor surgery on her right hand recently, making it difficult for her to shake hands, the Nevada station reported.

In Iowa a week ago, she had a tough response for the Republicans who have criticized her husband.

"Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she told an Iowa radio station. "This is hard. It's an important thing that we're doing right now."

The U.S. presidential election is on Nov. 6. (Reporting By Diane Bartz; editing by Todd Eastham)

Anyone who thinks the job of being President wouldn't be mentally and emotionally taxing is fooling themselves. Just look at the amount other Presidents have physically aged during their tenures. It's amazing to see their pictures of before and after.

Its a valid concern for anyone, really.

edit: Though I agree that this is just bad publicity and shouldn't be voiced publically. Think of the irony of how much this accusation will tax him, especially considering who it came from.

This is stupid.

Hockey players' wives and mothers could say the same thing because hockey players get bashed all the time, sometimes for absolutely no reason at all.

Ann needs to suck it up or get out of the kitchen. There's a reason why a President is paid as much as he is.

Being the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet would be a taxing occupation with a lot of pressure. I don't see how anyone can dislike the fact that Ann is voicing concern over her husband's well-being. To not do so would be cold.

Pfft, I'd fear for anyones well being if they were President of the United States. Not that I could ever be it, but I think I'd end up in a Pysch Ward of a hospital before my first 90 days were up from all the pressure, lack of sleep, non-stop questions and important decision making.

Archived