42 replies to this topic

#31 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'd say I for it! I got a tattoo in memory of my buddy that passed away a few years ago and still love it to this day.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#32 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Do it for sure man it's a great idea and has meaning.

My wife has a tattoo on her foot in memory of her father who passed away from cancer a while back.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 My Account

My Account

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I too lost my dad and I am the same age as you and I think that is a great idea to remember your father
Posted Image

Thanks avelanch for the sick signature

#34 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Aw. That is a very sweet tribute. I can't imagine you'll regret that.
Posted Image

#35 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Care to elaborate? Possibly add some substance to that?

I don't disagreeable with your opinion, it just am intrigued to your position.

I think tattoos are horrible in general too many people have bad tattoos and when you are older it just becomes an ink blob.... I spend a lot of time @ my local rec centre swimming and I see a lot of people with really bad tattoos it's quite comical actually... I especially like the people who write poems and stuff on their bodies...

I get the memory thing but they have that card as a memory so why get a tattoo... it's just for attention so people will say what's that about and then they can go on and on about their dad.....

#36 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think tattoos are horrible in general too many people have bad tattoos and when you are older it just becomes an ink blob....

Well what he wants to get isn't a bad tattoo at all, so I'm failing to see the issue. Some tattoos age very well, and if not they can be gone over and look good as new. Besides, when you get old you start to look bad anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

I spend a lot of time @ my local rec centre swimming and I see a lot of people with really bad tattoos it's quite comical actually... I especially like the people who write poems and stuff on their bodies...

Translation: I don't like them, therefore they're bad. Also, you need to stop abusing the ellipsis. It's meant to denote that part of the text has been lost, not as a conjunctive device. Unless you want people to read your posts in a dying man's voice, use proper punctuation

I get the memory thing but they have that card as a memory so why get a tattoo... it's just for attention so people will say what's that about and then they can go on and on about their dad.....

Stay with me here, this will likely come as a big shock to you. Not everything people do is meant for attention. The guy wants a permanent tribute to his parents. It isn't difficult to understand. He's not tattooing "I'M SAD GIVE ME ATTENSHUNS" across his forehead. I know plenty of people with tattoos you can't even see.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 07 October 2012 - 01:08 PM.

"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#37 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Well what he wants to get isn't a bad tattoo at all, so I'm failing to see the issue. Some tattoos age very well, and if not they can be gone over and look good as new. Besides, when you get old you start to look bad anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Translation: I don't like them, therefore they're bad. Also, you need to stop abusing the ellipsis. It's meant to denote that part of the text has been lost, not as a conjunctive device. Unless you want people to read your posts in a dying man's voice, use proper punctuation

Stay with me here, this will likely come as a big shock to you. Not everything people do is meant for attention. The guy wants a permanent tribute to his parents. It isn't difficult to understand. He's not tattooing "I'M SAD GIVE ME ATTENSHUNS" across his forehead. I know plenty of people with tattoos you can't even see.

oh no a grammar cop.. look out............................................ and yes it's about attention...............

#38 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

oh no a grammar cop.. look out............................................ and yes it's about attention...............

Don't refute anything I said or back any of your own claims. That's too difficult.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 07 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I am right because I say so.

#40 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

my posts for these kinds of threads usually include the words "idiot, dumb, stupid, ugly..etc," but this time, i think it is far from that.

for you, this tattoo would have a real significant meaning to you, and for that, i say go for it. this actually almost brought a tear to my eye.

you have a personal connection to the message and so i would say do it.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#41 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Also, you need to stop abusing the ellipsis. It's meant to denote that part of the text has been lost, not as a conjunctive device. Unless you want people to read your posts in a dying man's voice, use proper punctuation

Duder, you're on the Vancouver Canucks web forum, in a thread about tattoos. And you're talking about the use of ellipses.
I don't agree with Dittohead's opinion on tattoos either, but don't take everyone over to Grammar Street.

#42 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Duder, you're on the Vancouver Canucks web forum, in a thread about tattoos. And you're talking about the use of ellipses.
I don't agree with Dittohead's opinion on tattoos either, but don't take everyone over to Grammar Street.

I'm...........not

It isn't like I'm...... bitching about the........difference between 'your' and......'you're'.

....Reading......interrupted transmissions.....just gets.....on....my.....

...nerves.

Over.
Posted Image

#43 Hume

Hume

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

this thread is annoying, not every tattoo needs to have a sob story attached to it, some just look nice.

and people worried about what they'll look like when they're 60+ years old? crazy, you'll be an old person, nobody cares.
i've no idea what i am talking about! you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkin'.
(i'm trapped in this body and can't get out.) how come i end up where i started?.
REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.