The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AHL Players are required to wear visors

avelanch

rule 9.5 Protective Equipment

All players of both teams shall wear a helmet and clear protective visor of design, material and construction acceptable to the

Competition Committee at all times while participating in a game, either on the playing surface or the players’ or penalty benches. The helmet and visor must not be worn tilted back such that the protective capacity (integrity) of the visor is diminished. Improper positioning of the visor will result in a warning to the player with the second or subsequent violation resulting in the player being assessed a misconduct penalty. While the choice of visor model and manufacturer is left to the player, it is recommended that for optimal protection the bottom of the visor come to the tip of the nose.

That is what i thought. I think the NHL should adopt the rule for players entering the NHL, so for players already in the league who do not wear one it isn't mandatory, but players who are coming from the minors or junior it is.

i don't know if i would make them mandatory .. some guys don't like wearing them... i don't.. i tried about 5 years ago and i didn't like it... so i don't wear one... if guys ( and most do coming out of chl) want to wear one they will...

i don't know if i would make them mandatory .. some guys don't like wearing them... i don't.. i tried about 5 years ago and i didn't like it... so i don't wear one... if guys ( and most do coming out of chl) want to wear one they will...

Why are they making people wear visors? Why is it even a debate? When it comes to choice vs. having to do something, I think the former should prevail. I'm all for keeping the games safe but nobody should be forced to do anything. If a player wants to risk an eye injury or whatever, that should be his decision and his decision alone.

Not a HUGE deal but I just felt like ranting. :)

I know some people find them uncomfortable. I tried one but just couldn't use it, it actually made me more scared than my helmet that didn't have one when playing beer league so I went back to my one without the visor.

Archived