Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

AHL Players are required to wear visors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

also, the rule went into effect in 2006, it is not new.

I knew it was a while ago but I thought it was even before that.

interesting
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#32 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

agreed, make it like the helmet rule, all new players entering the league need to wear it, anyone who was in the league before has the option not to, after signing a waiver.

The NHL should do what the Olympics did everyone under a certain age must use a visor. I think players who were Sami Salo's age and up then had an option to use a visor but they we're required to use one.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#33 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

i don't know if i would make them mandatory .. some guys don't like wearing them... i don't.. i tried about 5 years ago and i didn't like it... so i don't wear one... if guys ( and most do coming out of chl) want to wear one they will...

Buddy, you play recreationally, if you're not wearing a cage you're taking a stupid chance, if you're not at least wearing a half shield well get your head checked.

Your percieved lack of vision won't matter when you have none and can't work, and it certainly doesn't matter if you're 5th or 4th in scoring in some c division men's league..

sorry to be blunt but i have played at a high level and still wear a half shield and even with that have had a bunch of injuries and close calls, which would have been horrendous without anything...

think about your future man...

#34 hero11

hero11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

all players should wear visors!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.