14 replies to this topic

#1 TheNoelPatrol

TheNoelPatrol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

I was watching TV today on a Boston-area channel provided by Shaw. They had a number of athletes from Massachusets teams featued in an anti-bullying campaign. Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I found it ironic to have a Bruin in such an ad. It is Adam McQuaid though, I guess they knew nobody would take it seriously if it was Marchand, Lucic, Thornton, etc. I think this would be a good basis for another of Makavel96's videos (the guy who did the John Stewart ones).
#!

QUOTE (diesel_3 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well..any way you slice it....Mike Gillis just pimp-slapped the Western Conference.

#2 Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

K, seriously. I don't like any of those guys when it comes to hockey, but with the exception of Marchand, everyone on the Bruins are probably all really nice people. Just because they play the role of agitator/enforcer doesn't make them bad people. Just because they beat us in the finals doesn't mean that they're all a bunch of "Bullies" in real life

Reporter "I wanna get to another topic of the day here. Goalie fighting in the NHL, what do you think of that?"
Paul Bissonnette "Its kind of like girls kissing at the bar. its a rare occurrence and when it happens, it just doesn't happen long enough. It usually ends quick, and its like, just leaves you wanting more."
Posted Image

#3 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wow stereotype much? I am pretty sure every guy even Marchand are really nice guys outside the rink. Just because they are "bullies" on the ice it doesn't mean they are going to be bullies out in public. I am sure many of them are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your life if you ever got a chance to meet them, I hate how people keep stereotyping the Bruins like this years after the beat the Canucks.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#4 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

You're kidding right? I had the pleasure to meet lucic in Van a few years ago, nicest man I've ever met.
Posted Image

#5 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

There's nothing wrong with them taking a stand against bullying, it's actually a good thing. There's a difference between what happens off the ice and what happens on the ice. On the rink (which is a competitive, tough environment) the Bruins are a dirty team, but away from hockey most of them are probably good people.

#7 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

There's nothing wrong with them taking a stand against bullying, it's actually a good thing. There's a difference between what happens off the ice and what happens on the ice. On the rink (which is a competitive, tough environment) the Bruins are a dirty team, but away from hockey most of them are probably good people.

With the exception of Marchand, Thomas, Lucic, and Chara.

o08j21.jpg

Thanks for the sig Twilight Sparkle

#8 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

With the exception of Marchand, Thomas, Lucic, and Chara.

You're clueless. Chara is apart of the "you can play" campaign, Lucia and Marchand do numerous charity events.
Posted Image

#9 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Chara is a great leader and one of the best people in the game. He get's a little dickish on the ice in front of his goalie (something we should preach), but other than that he seems like a nice guy on and off the ice.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#10 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

So, will Chiarelli be shipping out half the team to practice what the organization preaches? Or will the team make a complete 180 and pull a whole new mentality out of their ass?
Posted Image

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm like the biggest goon on my hockey team, and I don't think I've ever bullied.

They just outplayed us physically.
Get over it.

Edited by Jagermeister, 06 October 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm like the biggest goon on my hockey team, and I don't think I've ever bullied.

Get over it.

Pretty much sums it up
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#13 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Get over it.

When you use the word "outplay" you suggest that they beat us by playing ice hockey. The Bruins didn't win the cup that way. They didn't even outplay us physically - we were on par with them hit-for-hit all series long.

The reason they won was because of all the cheap shots, dirty hits, slashes and hacks after the whistle and behind the play that the refs let go. That is not hockey, and so they didn't "outplay" us. They wore us down physically because of all of these things, and that's how they're Cup champions.
Posted Image

#14 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Some of you argue that the Bruins are nice people off the ice, but who cares? It's what they do on the ice that they will be remembered for. Basically they are saying that it's sometimes ok to bully people.

They might as well have Chara say "don't hit people in the head", or have Ference say "don't flip the bird to people".

The hypocrisy amazes me.
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#15 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

They won the cup with unbelievable goaltending that our top scorers couldn't even crack and scoring on us by committee... Get over it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.