The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston vs. Bullies

I was watching TV today on a Boston-area channel provided by Shaw. They had a number of athletes from Massachusets teams featued in an anti-bullying campaign. Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I found it ironic to have a Bruin in such an ad. It is Adam McQuaid though, I guess they knew nobody would take it seriously if it was Marchand, Lucic, Thornton, etc. I think this would be a good basis for another of Makavel96's videos (the guy who did the John Stewart ones).

#!

K, seriously. I don't like any of those guys when it comes to hockey, but with the exception of Marchand, everyone on the Bruins are probably all really nice people. Just because they play the role of agitator/enforcer doesn't make them bad people. Just because they beat us in the finals doesn't mean that they're all a bunch of "Bullies" in real life

Wow stereotype much? I am pretty sure every guy even Marchand are really nice guys outside the rink. Just because they are "bullies" on the ice it doesn't mean they are going to be bullies out in public. I am sure many of them are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your life if you ever got a chance to meet them, I hate how people keep stereotyping the Bruins like this years after the beat the Canucks.

There's nothing wrong with them taking a stand against bullying, it's actually a good thing. There's a difference between what happens off the ice and what happens on the ice. On the rink (which is a competitive, tough environment) the Bruins are a dirty team, but away from hockey most of them are probably good people.

There's nothing wrong with them taking a stand against bullying, it's actually a good thing. There's a difference between what happens off the ice and what happens on the ice. On the rink (which is a competitive, tough environment) the Bruins are a dirty team, but away from hockey most of them are probably good people.

Some of you argue that the Bruins are nice people off the ice, but who cares? It's what they do on the ice that they will be remembered for. Basically they are saying that it's sometimes ok to bully people.

They might as well have Chara say "don't hit people in the head", or have Ference say "don't flip the bird to people".

The hypocrisy amazes me.

Archived