The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earth’s Magnetic Field Long Overdue for a Reversal

nucklehead

Aww, the good ole days.... wistful and yet poignant. Where is Bucket o' Salad or whatever his name was?

\ I agree with most of what butters said at the top to the tee except the last paragraph as Göbekli Tepe is changing everything we thought we knew.

\\ See how I avoided commenting on that?

Because if we are open minded about things without having any standards of proving to ourselves something is true, we will end up having no standards to separate reality from fantasy or paranoid delusion. I already addressed this one up top. Big claims require big evidence. Or even just a smidgen of evidence. The tiniest reason to even think that it could be true.

That's so vague as to be meaningless. What does that even mean?

No, only a small cycle of 394 years is ending. The long count (7800ish years long) ends on 4772.

The thing is there is nothing to find out. Its not really credible enough for most people to take seriously, and people like you will not stop believing it no matter what. Your definitions of what will happen after 2012 are non existent, and when nothing happens you will either say that the effect is delayed or will convince yourself that something has occurred.

The people are, the culture isn't, and you don't know what they believe.

I don't know everything, and that is why I look it up. One cycle of the long count is 7885 years. So your math doesn't hold up. And neither does the 26000 thing.

So since the Mayans firmly believe in this, why can't we be open-minded to it? Being open-minded doesn't mean you accept it as reality, but rather leave it on the table for consideration. Who knows if it will happen or not, but just because we are incredibly left-brained doesn't mean we should dismiss it because it just doesn't make sense to us right now. Just my opinion.

In order to consider something, there has to be a good reason. No one has given any. Therefore there is no reason to give this any more credence than anything else that a person could make up.

You can't show an example of people claiming to have mystical powers that proved to be true. I can show you plenty that proved to be false, or straight up lies.

Your sort of open mind is harmful to yourself. You could be easily drawn into a cult, for example. All you have to do is keep an open mind when a crazy or manipulative person tells you their crazy and manipulative ideas.

You are clearly young, so hopefully you snap out of it sooner or later. I'm not going to change your mind right now, but in 3 or 4 years when you realise the world is just the same as it was, I hope you start rejecting the conspiracy/prophecy memes that are around at that time. They will sound similar to the ones around now, except small details will change.

Man I feel like a broken record, ignorance is bliss i guess.

How is an ancient cultures belief system not a good enough reason? That's mass amounts of people believing in the same thing. How's it any different from a religion we believe in? That's mass amounts of people believing in an ancient cultures belief system, the only difference is we are part of that culture.

Look man I don't want to keep doing this because we're clearly not seeing each others sides, and I'm sure it's getting irritating for the both of us. I'll try to sum it all up one last time with both of our views.

No different from any religion. There is no reason to believe in any of them. Masses of people believing something is no reason to believe it.

And frankly, I don't believe that you know what the Mayans believe anyway. All the stuff you learned wasn't from experts on the mayans, it was from alt-history types.

Archived