#1 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

http://ca.news.yahoo...vxPxBAC1ksh#_=_

It's well known that the polarity of Earth's magnetic field changes. Geologists have seen this change by examining the floor of the Atlantic Ocean... Speculation by some — mainly the doomsday prophets — is that when the magnetic field flips, it will be because the solid iron inner core of the planet flips 180 degrees, and that this will cause the surface of the planet to shift at least 90 degrees, effectively switching our lines of latitude and longitude, and destroying us in the process. However, that just isn't true...What a magnetic reversal would do is cause a weak period in the magnetic field strength for a thousand or more years, as the various parts of the liquid outer core sort themselves out to all orient in the same direction. The weaker magnetic field would expose us to heightened amounts of solar radiation, and solar particles could even punch large, although temporary, holes in the ozone layer. Our technology would bear the greatest brunt of this kind of event, though...

So if newspapers and magazines can hang around long enough they may regain their status as the go to medium.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#2 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#3 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

damm nature you scary

#4 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

If you're into this kind of thing here's a really interesting documentary

http://m.youtube.com...d&v=ooy2LTJoMVM

If link doesn't work go to you tube and type in "Revelation of the Pyramids"
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#5 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

Magnets, how do they work?

Edited by The Hornet, 06 October 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

World's going upside down.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#7 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

Scientists understand that Earth's magnetic field has flipped its polarity many times over the millennia. In other words, if you were alive about 800,000 years ago, and facing what we call north with a magnetic compass in your hand, the needle would point to 'south.' This is because a magnetic compass is calibrated based on Earth's poles. The N-S markings of a compass would be 180 degrees wrong if the polarity of today's magnetic field were reversed. Many doomsday theorists have tried to take this natural geological occurrence and suggest it could lead to Earth's destruction. But would there be any dramatic effects? The answer, from the geologic and fossil records we have from hundreds of past magnetic polarity reversals, seems to be 'no.'

Reversals are the rule, not the exception. Earth has settled in the last 20 million years into a pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, although it has been more than twice that long since the last reversal. A reversal happens over hundreds or thousands of years, and it is not exactly a clean back flip. Magnetic fields morph and push and pull at one another, with multiple poles emerging at odd latitudes throughout the process. Scientists estimate reversals have happened at least hundreds of times over the past three billion years. And while reversals have happened more frequently in "recent" years, when dinosaurs walked Earth a reversal was more likely to happen only about every one million years.

Sediment cores taken from deep ocean floors can tell scientists about magnetic polarity shifts, providing a direct link between magnetic field activity and the fossil record. The Earth’s magnetic field determines the magnetization of lava as it is laid down on the ocean floor on either side of the Mid-Atlantic Rift where the North American and European continental plates are spreading apart. As the lava solidifies, it creates a record of the orientation of past magnetic fields much like a tape recorder records sound. The last time that Earth's poles flipped in a major reversal was about 780,000 years ago, in what scientists call the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal. The fossil record shows no drastic changes in plant or animal life. Deep ocean sediment cores from this period also indicate no changes in glacial activity, based on the amount of oxygen isotopes in the cores. This is also proof that a polarity reversal would not affect the rotation axis of Earth, as the planet's rotation axis tilt has a significant effect on climate and glaciation and any change would be evident in the glacial record.

Earth's polarity is not a constant. Unlike a classic bar magnet, or the decorative magnets on your refrigerator, the matter governing Earth's magnetic field moves around. Geophysicists are pretty sure that the reason Earth has a magnetic field is because its solid iron core is surrounded by a fluid ocean of hot, liquid metal. This process can also be modeled with supercomputers. Ours is, without hyperbole, a dynamic planet. The flow of liquid iron in Earth's core creates electric currents, which in turn create the magnetic field. So while parts of Earth's outer core are too deep for scientists to measure directly, we can infer movement in the core by observing changes in the magnetic field. The magnetic north pole has been creeping northward – by more than 600 miles (1,100 km) – since the early 19th century, when explorers first located it precisely. It is moving faster now, actually, as scientists estimate the pole is migrating northward about 40 miles per year, as opposed to about 10 miles per year in the early 20th century.

Posted Image
A schematic diagram of Earth's interior and the movement of magnetic north from 1900 to 1996. The outer core is the source of the geomagnetic field.

Another doomsday hypothesis about a geomagnetic flip plays up fears about incoming solar activity. This suggestion mistakenly assumes that a pole reversal would momentarily leave Earth without the magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and coronal mass ejections from the sun. But, while Earth's magnetic field can indeed weaken and strengthen over time, there is no indication that it has ever disappeared completely. A weaker field would certainly lead to a small increase in solar radiation on Earth – as well as a beautiful display of aurora at lower latitudes -- but nothing deadly. Moreover, even with a weakened magnetic field, Earth's thick atmosphere also offers protection against the sun's incoming particles.

The science shows that magnetic pole reversal is – in terms of geologic time scales – a common occurrence that happens gradually over millennia. While the conditions that cause polarity reversals are not entirely predictable – the north pole's movement could subtly change direction, for instance – there is nothing in the millions of years of geologic record to suggest that any of the 2012 doomsday scenarios connected to a pole reversal should be taken seriously. A reversal might, however, be good business for magnetic compass manufacturers.

http://www.nasa.gov/...leReversal.html

So, the main thing to take away here, is that while it'll be a bit disorientating for our instruments and navigation perhaps, there's no real need to worry.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#8 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#9 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

...is the year that will precede 2013, which is the year that will precede 2014, which is the year that will precede 2015, etc.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#10 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I experienced a power outage the other day, and it made me realize how hard it would be to live without technology, which is pretty sad. The world has become so reliant on electricity, that if some solar radiation imposed a blackout, I think the world would go bananas. No more government, readily available produce, vast worldwide communication, television entertainment, etc.

It's an interesting concept.

Edited by Tystick, 06 October 2012 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

...is the year that will precede 2013, which is the year that will precede 2014, which is the year that will precede 2015, etc.

Yes, except humanity is about to become much more awakened to reality.
The electromagnetic field activity is also very much part of the process.
Posted Image

#12 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

I experienced a power outage the other day, and it made me realize how hard it would be to live without technology, which is pretty sad. The world has become so reliant on electricity, that if some solar radiation imposed a blackout, I think the world would go bananas No more government, readily available produce, vast worldwide communication, television entertainment, etc.

It's an interesting concept.

You've been watching too much of the new show 'Revolution'. NASA has already stated that the magnetic field would not be missing at any time during a magnetic flip. It may weaken during that time, but not enough for the sun's radiation to have an impact, due to the magnetic field and the thickness of the earth's atmosphere.

Could there be interruptions? Maybe. Would we face some inconveniences? Probably. But, there's nothing to suggest that society would collapse or that we couldn't adjust, as these flips occur over a long period of time.

#13 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yes, except humanity is about to become much more awakened to reality.
The electromagnetic field activity is also very much part of the process.

Some of us already are. Others slumber in doomsday prophecies.

Of course the earth's electromagnetic field is a part of our reality. And so is the rule that it will gradually flip. And so is the evidence that the hundreds of times it has already flipped, it didn't cause the end of the world or harm animal or plant life.

#14 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

REPENT AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Maybe a polar shift isn't what we should be worried about and I would'nt exactly trust anything that NASA has to say
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#16 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Maybe a polar shift isn't what we should be worried about and I would'nt exactly trust anything that NASA has to say

Why wouldn't you trust what NASA has to say?

And what else are you hinting to, that we should be worried about?

#17 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

You've been watching too much of the new show 'Revolution'. NASA has already stated that the magnetic field would not be missing at any time during a magnetic flip. It may weaken during that time, but not enough for the sun's radiation to have an impact, due to the magnetic field and the thickness of the earth's atmosphere.

Could there be interruptions? Maybe. Would we face some inconveniences? Probably. But, there's nothing to suggest that society would collapse or that we couldn't adjust, as these flips occur over a long period of time.

I've actually only watched that show once, but it's pretty damn good haha.
The reality is that if some event took place, such as a solar flare being big enough to reach us, it could destroy our way of life.
I'm just saying we are so reliant on technology, that if it was taken away, the system we conform to right now would be completely gone.
I think we would eventually be able to adjust, but for the most part, I don't think the mindless people in this world would be able to handle it and would freak out.
It's really interesting to think about.

Some of us already are. Others slumber in doomsday prophecies.

Of course the earth's electromagnetic field is a part of our reality. And so is the rule that it will gradually flip. And so is the evidence that the hundreds of times it has already flipped, it didn't cause the end of the world or harm animal or plant life.

I completely agree.

I think it's silly most people come to a conclusion that it's going to be some catastrophic event because a calender ends. People live in fear, and therefore other people can make money off of that.
If people actually did the research, they would realize that the reason the calender is ending is because our present way of life is coming to end. Therefore, since a new calender is starting, a new way of life (the Awakening) is beginning as well.
Posted Image

#18 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Funny, I'm studying this sort of stuff in my Geophysics module at the moment. I've never studied Physics before (never took it in school), so I'm finding it to be a complete nightmare :lol:

Yeah, I'm also a little confused by that post.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 06 October 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#19 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Disorientating is not a word. That is all I came in to say. :)

#20 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Disorientating is not a word. That is all I came in to say. :)

Posted Image

http://en.wiktionary.../disorientating

Edited by SukhKular, 06 October 2012 - 01:12 PM.

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#21 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

If people actually did the research, they would realize that the reason the calender is ending is because our present way of life is coming to end. Therefore, since a new calender is starting, a new way of life (the Awakening) is beginning as well.

No it just means they stopped writing their calendar at that point. What will happen when that calendar ends is equivalent to what happens when a desk/wall calendar ends.

#22 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

No it just means they stopped writing their calendar at that point. What will happen when that calendar ends is equivalent to what happens when a desk/wall calendar ends.

You take it down, throw it in the garbage, and pin up the next one.

No harm, no foul.

/=S=/

#23 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

The earths field has alternated between periods of normal polarity, in which the direction of the field was the same as the present direction, and reverse polarity, in which the field was the opposite. These periods are called chrons.
The time spans of chrons are randomly distributed with most being between 0.1 and 1 million years ,The time spans of chrons are randomly distributed with most being between 0.1 and 1 million years, with an average of 450,000 years.The latest one, the Brunhes–Matuyama reversal, occurred 780,000 years ago.

Not long after the first geomagnetic polarity time scales were produced, scientists began exploring the possibility that reversals could be linked to extinctions. Most such proposals rest on the assumption that the Earth's magnetic field would be much weaker during reversals. Possibly the first such hypothesis was that high energy particles trapped in the Van Allen radiation belt could be liberated and bombard the Earth. Detailed calculations confirm that, if the Earth's dipole field disappeared entirely (leaving the quadrupole and higher components), most of the atmosphere would become accessible to high energy particles, but would act as a barrier to them, and cosmic ray collisions would produce secondary radiation of
Be or
Cl. There is evidence that this occurs both during secular variation and during reversals.
Another hypothesis by McCormac and Evans assumes that the Earth's field would disappear entirely during reversals. They argue that the atmosphere of Mars may have been eroded away by the solar wind because it had no magnetic field to protect it. They predict that ions would be stripped away from Earth's atmosphere above 100 km. However, the evidence from paleointensity measurements is that the magnetic field does not disappear. Based on paleointensity data for the last 800,000 years, the magnetopause is still estimated to be at about 3 Earth radii during the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal Even if the magnetic field disappeared, the solar wind may induce a sufficient magnetic field in the Earth's ionosphere to shield the surface from energetic particles.
Hypotheses have also been advanced linking reversals to mass extinctions Many such arguments were based on an apparent periodicity in the rate of reversals; more careful analyses show that the reversal record is not periodic. It may be, however, that the ends of superchrons have caused vigorous convection leading to widespread volcanism, and that the subsequent airborne ash caused extinctions.
Tests of correlations between extinctions and reversals are difficult for a number of reasons. Larger animals are too scarce in the fossil record for good statistics, so paleontologists have analyzed microfossil extinctions. Even microfossil data can be unreliable if there are hiatuses in the fossil record. It can appear that the extinction occurs at the end of a polarity interval when the rest of that polarity interval was simply eroded away.[ Statistical analysis shows no evidence for a correlation between reversals and extinctions.
wikipedia

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 06 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#24 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,869 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

This may delay my plans to built a gravity elevator

Edit: Now that I think about it, wouldn't this flip throw animals off like crazy for generations?

Edited by :D, 06 October 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#25 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

http://en.wiktionary.../disorientating

That link is pretty weak sauce. If that was the most compelling evidence for the legitimacy of that word then I'm afraid it falls into the same category as "bling" and "swag". Which is to say, it's slang at best. Even still, it is not grammatically correct and I do maintain my position that no one should ever use that word, ever.

In fact, I would suggest that I have less of an issue with "bling" because it does not pretend to take itself seriously. Disorientate is more closely equivilent to saying "could of" when you really meant "could have" but phonetics tricked your brain into spelling it incorrectly.

Edited by Remy, 06 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#26 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ok let me rephrase the NASA thing.I just think they know stuff that they don,t want us to know, just my opinion.As for other things we should be worried about on this planet......warfare and mass destruction,global pandemic,overpopulation,tsunami,meteorites,and yes I said it alien invasion just to name a few.
Posted Image

#27 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

That link is pretty weak sauce. If that was the most compelling evidence for the legitimacy of that word then I'm afraid it falls into the same category as "bling" and "swag". Which is to say, it's slang at best. Even still, it is not grammatically correct and I do maintain my position that no one should ever use that word, ever.

In fact, I would suggest that I have less of an issue with "bling" because it does not pretend to take itself seriously. Disorientate is more closely equivilent to saying "could of" when you really meant "could have" but phonetics tricked your brain into spelling it incorrectly.

The word BLING BLING has been accepted into the Merriam Webster Dictionary and means
Definition of BLING-BLING

: flashy jewelry worn especially as an indication of wealth; broadly: expensive and ostentatious possessions

Variants of BLING-BLING

bling–bling also bling \ˈbliŋ\

Origin of BLING-BLING

imitative
First Known Use: 1999

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#28 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Ok let me rephrase the NASA thing.I just think they know stuff that they don,t want us to know, just my opinion.As for other things we should be worried about on this planet......warfare and mass destruction,global pandemic,overpopulation,tsunami,meteorites,and yes I said it alien invasion just to name a few.

Right on mate :lol:

You , me and Putin take this alien threat seriously ,

MOSCOW – The Russians and the Chinese have built a space bunker – a new space station – in case the alien attack destroys Earth.
Vladmir Putin s began production on a new Russian space station two years ago, with financial and technological help from the Chinese, in preparation for the alien attack predicted to occur on November 27, 2011.
The space station was secretly launched in July. It is capable of keeping twenty-four people on board alive for up to two years. Food, oxygen and supplies on board may allow them to live even longer.

Posted Image

Sources close to Putin say that he has been closely following the ongoing alien invasion – as written about extensively on WWN – and has met with Dr. John Malley of the U.N. Panel of Extraterrestrials.
Dr. Malley has identified the three large spaceships that are heading to Earth as being from Planet Gootan. They are closing in on Mars as of today. There is already an alien invasion that began in October, 2010 and is predicted to continue to 2015. But these aliens – from Planet Zeeba and Planet Xicuc – are known to be peaceful, docile. The Gootan, however, are a different story.
“The Gootans are unpredictable. They may be coming in peace to help save Earth from itself – environmentally, politically and maybe even financially – but they also may be coming here to attack and destroy us,” said Malley.

Posted Image

Putin says he is not one hundred percent sure he believe everything that the U.N. Panel and Dr. Malley is saying, but he wants to be safe, just in case.
So, Putin had the space station built and has six Russia rockets ready to blast him, 14 other Russians and 9 Chinese to the space station. Reports are that Putin has selected three close friends and nine Russian supermodels to join him in space if Earth is destroyed.
“I will have to restart the human race, so I will need the very best human specimens on earth. That include me and the beautiful Russian women.”
Some say Putin may launch himself and the supermodels to the new space station – whether or not the Gootan attack destroys earth
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 06 October 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#29 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

The word BLING BLING has been accepted into the Merriam Webster Dictionary and means

: flashy jewelry worn especially as an indication of wealth; broadly: expensive and ostentatious possessions

Variants of BLING-BLING

Origin of BLING-BLING

imitative

Thanks, tips, but I'm well aware, that's why I cited it as an example. You can make a case for any vocalization that contains even the most simple of meanings. However, at some point you do have to draw a line as to the acceptable uses and meanings of words. It's a fine balance because new words are necessary. That is why, as I said above, I actually have more respect for a word like bling, it carries a unique connotation. Disorientated is simply a misuse of the word disoriented. And while language is capable of evolving, I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case for the former replacing the latter.

Jus' cuz you can speek wif all sorta fancy wurds dun mean you ain't not should use 'em.

#30 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Variants of BLING-BLING

Origin of BLING-BLING

imitative

Thanks, tips, but I'm well aware, that's why I cited it as an example. You can make a case for any vocalization that contains even the most simple of meanings. However, at some point you do have to draw a line as to the acceptable uses and meanings of words. It's a fine balance because new words are necessary. That is why, as I said above, I actually have more respect for a word like bling, it carries a unique connotation. Disorientated is simply a misuse of the word disoriented. And while language is capable of evolving, I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case for the former replacing the latter.

Jus' cuz you can speek wif all sorta fancy wurds dun mean you ain't not should use 'em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.