g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#62 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

No it just means they stopped writing their calendar at that point. What will happen when that calendar ends is equivalent to what happens when a desk/wall calendar ends.

Ya they stopped writing it for a reason.
There is the 25,625 year "Galactic Day" and the 5,125 year "Long Count" (Great Cycle). Both of these will end and restart on the Winter Solstice of 2012 (11:00 UST Dec. 21, 2012).

If you divide the GD cycle by 5, you get the LC.
25,625/5 = 5,125

All this proves is these were very accurate calenders based upon astronomical activity.

You're right that the calender will do the same as any calender does, it will restart.
The thing with this calender is it was prophesied to bring about a new awareness to humanity upon completion, not the end of the world.
I find it all really interesting and exciting, and I definitely don't believe in any of this doomsday hype.

Edited by Tystick, 07 October 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

#63 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

You know, i'm searching for ppl talking about Earth's magnetic field then i see an entire page on crap. Sigh....!

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#64 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ya they stopped writing it for a reason.
There is the 25,625 year "Galactic Day" and the 5,125 year "Long Count" (Great Cycle). Both of these will end and restart on the Winter Solstice of 2012 (11:00 UST Dec. 21, 2012).

If you divide the GD cycle by 5, you get the LC.
25,625/5 = 5,125

All this proves is these were very accurate calenders based upon astronomical activity.

You're right that the calender will do the same as any calender does, it will restart.
The thing with this calender is it was prophesied to bring about a new awareness to humanity upon completion, not the end of the world.
I find it all really interesting and exciting, and I definitely don't believe in any of this doomsday hype.

the doomsday idea is alot more appealing to most ppl and perhaps more profitable.

Edited by Monteeun, 07 October 2012 - 07:34 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#65 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

The Mayan calender as a doomsday prophecy tool, should be dismissed.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#66 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

The Mayan calender as a doomsday prophecy tool, should be dismissed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HghEBxHvgg

I read awhile ago that the Mayan calendar was just a astronomical calendar and was very accurate. Of course not a doomsday thing

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#67 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I read awhile ago that the Mayan calendar was just a astronomical calendar and was very accurate. Of course not a doomsday thing

Everyone knows they just ran out of room on the rock.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#68 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Everyone knows they just ran out of room on the rock.

lol

I love that avatar of yours. Worse death scene ever.

Edited by Monteeun, 07 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#69 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Naw, its just like any other calendar. Prophecies are BS (and I don't think there even is a prophecy here). Assuming you have the good sense to disbelieve a person who tells you they can see the future, why would a prophecy written by a long dead person from a long dead culture mean anything anyway?

#70 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,219 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Another thing that never gets mentioned. They carved this thing in stone. Honestly how far in the future would you make a calender?
My calender hanging at home ends December 31, 2012. Does that mean the world ends in 2012? No. It means I buy another calender.

I'm sure if you carved out a calender to some 1300 years in the future, you'd think you'd have done a pretty good job.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#71 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

the doomsday idea is alot more appealing to most ppl and perhaps more profitable.

Definitely. I remember watching a commercial a couple years ago that only aired for a month or so, but it basically said the world will end in 2012 from the gravitational influence of the planets aligning. It was implying you should buy one of these shelters they were building lol.

Naw, its just like any other calendar. Prophecies are BS (and I don't think there even is a prophecy here). Assuming you have the good sense to disbelieve a person who tells you they can see the future, why would a prophecy written by a long dead person from a long dead culture mean anything anyway?

First of all, the culture is still very much alive.
The interesting part I take from all of it is multiple calenders lineup to this date. One in particular (the Great year), derives from the procession of the equinox, which is also starting over.
I can try and explain it all, but instead I suggest you watch this video if you're interested.
He explains it a lot better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyqBP5selM&feature=BFa&list=PL2C2FBAB7E002EE3E

(If you like this kind of stuff, I would watch them all from the beginning).
Posted Image

#72 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

The interesting part I take from all of it is multiple calenders lineup to this date. One in particular (the Great year), derives from the procession of the equinox, which is also starting over.
I can try and explain it all, but instead I suggest you watch this video if you're interested.

Naw, that video is a scam. The reason its hard to explain is because its wrong, and for some reason a video on youtube is easier to swallow. Throw a rock in the air and you will hit a youtube video with mind blowing predictions from long dead cultures. Their dates vary, I remember one saying the pyramids predicted (I forget what exactly) to happen in 2004, with all sorts of proof to support them.

I would ask you to make predictions as to what is going to happen before the end of the year, so they can be revisited in early 2013. And then when it doesn't happen, learn from this and don't make the same mistake again.

#73 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Definitely. I remember watching a commercial a couple years ago that only aired for a month or so, but it basically said the world will end in 2012 from the gravitational influence of the planets aligning. It was implying you should buy one of these shelters they were building lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyqBP5selM&feature=BFa&list=PL2C2FBAB7E002EE3E

(If you like this kind of stuff, I would watch them all from the beginning).

Oh geez, I remember these videos. It makes Ancient Aliens seem like a history textbook.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#74 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Naw, that video is a scam. The reason its hard to explain is because its wrong, and for some reason a video on youtube is easier to swallow. Throw a rock in the air and you will hit a youtube video with mind blowing predictions from long dead cultures. Their dates vary, I remember one saying the pyramids predicted (I forget what exactly) to happen in 2004, with all sorts of proof to support them.

I would ask you to make predictions as to what is going to happen before the end of the year, so they can be revisited in early 2013. And then when it doesn't happen, learn from this and don't make the same mistake again.

So you dismiss it and label it as a scam because the pyramids incorrectly predicted something? (I have no idea what you're talking about).
I never said it was hard to explain, I could have explained it but I put a video up instead because it's easier to comprehend with imagery.

You want me to make predictions? Why? I don't know what is going to happen.
I do, however, feel we are moving into an age of awareness of our own reality.
I think within two years of moving into this new age of being, we will start to become less focused on senseless war and more concerned about the well-being of ourselves others, and the planet.
Posted Image

#75 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I can make predictions all day with 100% accuracy.

1)The world will not end tomorrow. If it does I will give you all a million dollars. If it doesnt you owe me $5 each

2) The Canucks will not play the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup finals.

3) Cody Hodgson will never score 30 goals for the Canucks.

4) Aaron Rome is no longer in a relationship with AV

Check back later for more gems of wisdom.
Posted Image

#76 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

So you dismiss it and label it as a scam because the pyramids incorrectly predicted something? (I have no idea what you're talking about).

No, I dismiss because it doesn't sound anywhere near real in the first place, and because I have seen many different variations on this this same theme before, and they all sound the same, and they all turned out wrong.

You want me to make predictions? Why? I don't know what is going to happen.
I do, however, feel we are moving into an age of awareness of our own reality.
I think within two years of moving into this new age of being, we will start to become less focused on senseless war and more concerned about the well-being of ourselves others, and the planet.

ok, just don't make excuses in two years when that doesn't happen. Is there any way we will know this year that the 'new age' has began, or will the signs only be visible to you and others that watched the video?

#77 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

No, I dismiss because it doesn't sound anywhere near real in the first place, and because I have seen many different variations on this this same theme before, and they all sound the same, and they all turned out wrong.

ok, just don't make excuses in two years when that doesn't happen. Is there any way we will know this year that the 'new age' has began, or will the signs only be visible to you and others that watched the video?

What is reality to you? We are all on this planet conforming to society, participating in what think is reality, but really we have no idea why were are here.. It's your choice what to believe, but when a bunch of calender line up with a certain date, it has to be of some significance.

I don't know what's going to happen, I don't think anyone knows, that's just my guess. I'm not trying to make predictions, who knows what will happen, I think the biggest surprise would be that nothing happens. I just personally feel that more and more people are waking up to reality, and eventually (whether it be 2 years or 5 years, etc.), we will become more focused on the things that actually matter in this world.

Edited by Tystick, 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#78 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

What is reality to you? We are all on this planet conforming to society, participating in what think is reality, but really we have no idea why were are here.. It's your choice what to believe, but when a bunch of calender line up with a certain date, it has to be of some significance.

I don't know what's going to happen, I don't think anyone knows, that's just my guess. I'm not trying to make predictions, who knows what will happen, I think the biggest surprise would be that nothing happens. I just personally feel that more and more people are waking up to reality, and eventually (whether it be 2 years or 5 years, etc.), we will become more focused on the things that actually matter in this world.

We're here because of natural processes.

And no, just because planets line up with the sun, or the center of the galaxy, or with each other, it doesn't mean anything other than the meaning you or anyone wants to give it. We are a species that has always tried to give things meaning in order to help our understanding. This is how sun/moon worship started in our species infancy. These calenders and religious books and sacred texts, are all part of this desire to make sense out of senseless patterns in nature. Why does the sun come out during the day and the moon at night? Must be something acting on them. There must be some meaning to this, since other things around us that have a pattern have some meaning too. There must be something that is making this meaning for us to understand.

Do you see how this line of thinking make it easy to attach meaning?

That's all this is. The Mayans were able to keep accurate star charts, as other societies that had no connection to the Mayans were able to as well. The Mayans keep a chart or a calender based on their accurate recordings and thus their predictions, since their was a cyclical pattern to when certain stars or star formations appeared at certain places in the sky, at certain times of the year. They assumed there was some meaning, and after agreement they attached a meaning to it, and voila, you now have this 'Awakening' from their own myths taking center stage today, because their calender ran out, because they didn't continue making more calenders, because their civilization ended.

There's no 'end of the world' coming this year. There is no mass 'Age of Awakening' happening this year. This is nothing that will affect your life substantially as a result of this calender. Believing that it has the ability to tell you your future moves the burden of you(us) affecting your(our) own future by working/studying/investing in our shared prosperity today, that will help you(all humans) in the future, onto some tablet, or book, or parchment or scripture or calender such as this, made by people who were in almost every 'stupider' than us today in understanding the nature of things, just as we will be compared to those who may be alive 1000 years from now.

You know what would ironically move us to an 'age of awakening'? If we collectively stopped buying into mythologies of ancient civilizations, or the notion that the ancient civilizations knew more or were advanced or superior, or more knowledgeable, or smarter, or whatever, than we are today, because they aren't. Their ignorance and those today that attach meaning from their ignorance are polluting our civilization today in many ways. We need to keep these throwbacks of pattern seeking and meaning attachments out of our current lives and civilization. They're holding us back from evolving as individuals, as an inter-connected society, and as a now inter-connected species.

This is the same fear and rumour mongering that happened with the turn of the millennium. There were predictions made, both good and disastrous, that were supposed to occur, and nothing occurred. It's because it's just another day, in our own arbitrary calender. Even our own calender, aside from keeping somewhat accurate track of the Earth's annual trip around the sun, the equinoxes, doesn't really have much meaning....at least not the spiritual kind that the Mayans were attempting to attach to their own present day calender.

Some of us embrace change and some of us fear it. The future is always and will always be about change. We can assign meaning to that change, or accept it as a natural part of everything, because everything does, has, and will eventually change/transform..... everything. It's more productive, imo, to affect some positive changes proactively in our collective lives while we still have the ability to, instead of wasting that time, pondering the 'meanings' of mythology, which again, imo, has the ability especially with our pattern seeking brains, to slow us down, get in our way, and stymie that change and progress.

That's a nickel's worth, since I seemingly tossed in a bit more than my two cents.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 09 October 2012 - 12:31 PM.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#79 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yes, except humanity is about to become much more awakened to reality.
The electromagnetic field activity is also very much part of the process.

Do you think planet Niribu is on the way yet? Youd think the telescopes would have picked it up by now.

Oh right, its got a cloaking device. We had better get ready to bow down to our reptilian alien overlords, if we grovel enough they might keep us as pets rather then eat us.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 09 October 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#80 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

And no, just because planets line up with the sun, or the center of the galaxy, or with each other, it doesn't mean anything other than the meaning you or anyone wants to give it. We are a species that has always tried to give things meaning in order to help our understanding. This is how sun/moon worship started in our species infancy. These calenders and religious books and sacred texts, are all part of this desire to make sense out of senseless patterns in nature. Why does the sun come out during the day and the moon at night? Must be something acting on them. There must be some meaning to this, since other things around us that have a pattern have some meaning too. There must be something that is making this meaning for us to understand.

That's all this is. The Mayans were able to keep accurate star charts, as other societies that had no connection to the Mayans were able to as well. The Mayans keep a chart or a calender based on their accurate recordings and thus their predictions, since their was a cyclical pattern to when certain stars or star formations appeared at certain places in the sky, at certain times of the year. They assumed there was some meaning, and after agreement they attached a meaning to it, and voila, you now have this 'Awakening' from their own myths taking center stage today, because their calender ran out, because they didn't continue making more calenders, because their civilization ended.

There's no 'end of the world' coming this year. There is no mass 'Age of Awakening' happening this year. This is nothing that will affect your life substantially as a result of this calender. Believing that it has the ability to tell you your future moves the burden of you(us) affecting your(our) own future by working/studying/investing in our shared prosperity today, that will help you(all humans) in the future.

You know what would ironically move us to an 'age of awakening'? If we collectively stopped buying into mythologies of ancient civilizations, or the notion that the ancient civilizations knew more or were advanced or superior, or more knowledgeable, or smarter, or whatever, than we are today, because they aren't. Their ignorance and those today that attach meaning from their ignorance are polluting our civilization today in many ways. We need to keep these throwbacks of pattern seeking and meaning attachments out of our current lives and civilization. They're holding us back from evolving as individuals, as an inter-connected society, and as a now inter-connected species.

This is the same fear and rumour mongering that happened with the turn of the millennium. There were predictions made, both good and disastrous, that were supposed to occur, and nothing occurred. It's because it's just another day, in our own arbitrary calender. Even our own calender, aside from keeping somewhat accurate track of the Earth's annual trip around the sun, the equinoxes, doesn't really have much meaning....at least not the spiritual kind that the Mayans were attempting to attach to their own present day calender.

Some of us embrace change and some of us fear it. The future is always and will always be about change. We can assign meaning to that change, or accept it as a natural part of everything, because everything does, has, and will eventually change/transform..... everything. It's more productive, imo, to affect some positive changes proactively in our collective lives while we still have the ability to, instead of wasting that time, pondering the 'meanings' of mythology, which again, imo, has the ability especially with our pattern seeking brains, to slow us down, get in our way, and stymie that change and progress.

That's a nickel's worth, since I seemingly tossed in a bit more than my two cents.

Thank you for your response and I really like your elaboration.

We're here because of natural processes? That's such a vague explanation.
We can sit here and go back and forth all day on what we think was ultimately the beginning of life, but realistically, no one knows, and in a way I think that's how religion began.

The reason the aligning of the Sun, Earth, and Center of the Galaxy is considered to have some sort of importance is because that's what the Mayans (for example) used as their template for an astronomical calender. I believe it takes around 26,000 years to go full circle and complete the cycle. So they started the calender with this alignment and continued it until completion.
I believe that we have existed on this planet for a very very long time, and in this time, I certainly don't believe we are presently the smartest we have ever been. Think about it, if the calender is 26,000 years old (from as far as we know), how could they not be intelligent if they made such an accurate calender with beautiful carvings that long ago? Or how could the great pyramid be built 11,000 years ago without the tools that would clearly be needed?

My point is we really don't know anything about this planet, culture or even ourselves. Like you said, we try to put understandings upon things, but they really aren't understandings. I wasn't implying that something of an awakening is for sure going to happen, that's just one prophecy. No one knows what exactly will happen, and like I said before, the most shocking thing will be that nothing happens.

I think it's ignorant to say the "end of the world" or "a mass awakening" won't happen. Who are you to say that, just like who am I to say it will. I feel humanity is headed in a direction of awareness, lots of people are already starting to see the governing system is broken and are preaching for change. I don't think on this day everyone will just "suddenly wake up" so to speak, but maybe instead it's a process, but then again who knows.
All I'm trying to say is why not be open-minded about things like this? I think it would speed up our evolutionary process much more then shutting things like this down. Ancient cultures like the Mayans weren't exactly stupid, maybe we as a culture today should stop boasting our egos and accept that we aren't the ones in control of this life. We may think we have a grasp on reality, but we really don't.

Sorry if I missed any of your points but I gotta get going for an appointment.
I look forward to your response :)

Edited by Tystick, 09 October 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#81 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Do you think planet Niribu is on the way yet? Youd think the telescopes would have picked it up by now.

Oh right, its got a cloaking device. We had better get ready to bow down to our reptilian alien overlords, if we grovel enough they might keep us as pets rather then eat us.

Wtf are you talking about lmao
Posted Image

#82 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Wtf are you talking about lmao

Dont tell me I know more then you do about this subject.

I mean you know... Raelians, reptilians, Niribu, superintelligent dinosaurs from outer space, etc etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RowWLEuNQQ&feature=related

I assume the video is fraudulent, but its still a good try dontcha think?

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 09 October 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#83 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,661 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

I hope aliens show up.

#84 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

There's no 'end of the world' coming this year. There is no mass 'Age of Awakening' happening this year. This is nothing that will affect your life substantially as a result of this calender. Believing that it has the ability to tell you your future moves the burden of you(us) affecting your(our) own future by working/studying/investing in our shared prosperity today, that will help you(all humans) in the future, onto some tablet, or book, or parchment or scripture or calender such as this, made by people who were in almost every 'stupider' than us today in understanding the nature of things, just as we will be compared to those who may be alive 1000 years from now.

It’s funny how some fables became historic
When the others clearly wrote them to be metaphoric
But people will believe anything if it’s written
Especially in stone or ancient scroll

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#85 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Dont tell me I know more then you do about this subject.

I mean you know... Raelians, reptilians, Niribu, superintelligent dinosaurs from outer space, etc etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RowWLEuNQQ&feature=related

I assume the video is fraudulent, but its still a good try dontcha think?

I've heard of the Nibiru/PlanetX argument, but ya if it was legit, we definitely would be able to see it be now haha.
As for the ``Raelians, reptilians, superintelligent dinosaurs from outer space`` I`m not sure about that haha, but I guess anythings possible :lol:
Posted Image

#86 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I've heard of the Nibiru/PlanetX argument, but ya if it was legit, we definitely would be able to see it be now haha.
As for the ``Raelians, reptilians, superintelligent dinosaurs from outer space`` I`m not sure about that haha, but I guess anythings possible :lol:

Im not really a fan of this theory because I personally believe in it, Im more a fan of this theory because its fun to point and laugh at the people who do believe in it.

About the magetic field shift, I suppose there is a chance something untoward and hazardous might happen in the next few months, but I imagine the chances of that are so slim we probably shouldnt have to worry about it too much.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 09 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#87 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thank you for your response and I really like your elaboration.

We're here because of natural processes? That's such a vague explanation.
We can sit here and go back and forth all day on what we think was ultimately the beginning of life, but realistically, no one knows, and in a way I think that's how religion began.

The reason the aligning of the Sun, Earth, and Center of the Galaxy is considered to have some sort of importance is because that's what the Mayans (for example) used as their template for an astronomical calender. I believe it takes around 26,000 years to go full circle and complete the cycle. So they started the calender with this alignment and continued it until completion.
I believe that we have existed on this planet for a very very long time, and in this time, I certainly don't believe we are presently the smartest we have ever been. Think about it, if the calender is 26,000 years old (from as far as we know), how could they not be intelligent if they made such an accurate calender with beautiful carvings that long ago? Or how could the great pyramid be built 11,000 years ago without the tools that would clearly be needed?

My point is we really don't know anything about this planet, culture or even ourselves. Like you said, we try to put understandings upon things, but they really aren't understandings. I wasn't implying that something of an awakening is for sure going to happen, that's just one prophecy. No one knows what exactly will happen, and like I said before, the most shocking thing will be that nothing happens.

I think it's ignorant to say the "end of the world" or "a mass awakening" won't happen. Who are you to say that, just like who am I to say it will. I feel humanity is headed in a direction of awareness, lots of people are already starting to see the governing system is broken and are preaching for change. I don't think on this day everyone will just "suddenly wake up" so to speak, but maybe instead it's a process, but then again who knows.
All I'm trying to say is why not be open-minded about things like this? I think it would speed up our evolutionary process much more then shutting things like this down. Ancient cultures like the Mayans weren't exactly stupid, maybe we as a culture today should stop boasting our egos and accept that we aren't the ones in control of this life. We may think we have a grasp on reality, but we really don't.

Sorry if I missed any of your points but I gotta get going for an appointment.
I look forward to your response :)

I'm a little disappointed that I seemingly didn't get through to you. Not really sure which one of us to be more disappointed in though.

Perhaps I could elucidate by using someone's else's verbosity in a second attempt to save you from the dangerous jaws of an irrational mind.

The inherent problem with being a Chicken Little-type person is that if or when the sky ever falls, I'll be too flattened to snip "See? I told ya so!" And although I live near Sedona, I possess no crystal ball, and any Tarot cards I may have owned have certainly all been shredded in the spokes of my long retired banana seat Huffy.

And yet, these last few years, I'm seeing some truth to all these Earth Changes stories my hippie neighbors keep interpretive dancing about. It's only the first week of September and we've already harvested 80-85 percent of the 2012 vintage. That's 111 tons of a possible 130-140 tons. Historically, my first red to be picked was the Merkin West, Judith's Block Cabernet Sauvignon. Usually between the 8th and 12th of September, but last week I barreled down this finished wine. Done. Picked, processed, fermented, pressed, settled, barreled. That's pushing roughly 3.5 weeks ahead of schedule. Truth be told, we have several sites that appear to be only slightly ahead of schedule and much more aligned with previous vintages. But they're still a tiny bit ahead of schedule overall. So screaming, "I told you so!" might be a bit premature without a bit more due diligence.

My copy of the Mayan Calendar appears to have expired, so it is currently of no use to me. I got on the Bunker bat phone to Tim White at Arizona Stronghold and Todd Bostock at Dos Cabezas Wineworks to see if they were witnessing a similar trend. Turns out they are. Todd is 84 tons in. Tim is 200 tons in. Confirmed. All ahead of schedule. All of that painstaking groundwork resulted in a significant drop in my overall energy level and pleasant demeanor. I did the only logical thing a high performance mental athlete such as myself would do. I reached in the freezer for a Buster Bar. None. Surely this is yet another sign.

There's an old saying I like to mumble under my breathe during psyche evaluations. "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed." Conclusion: Based on my clearly tireless and thorough research stretched over tens of minutes, I have come to the following daunting conclusion and well thought out suggestion. These are in fact the "End Of Days" and people need to know about it As Soon As Possible! Obviously the only rational thing to do is to clear out all of your bank accounts and send me a cashier's check for the full amount. These funds will assist in further delivering this message to the rest of the world. There isn't enough time to sell all of your possessions. So along with that cashiers check, I'm gonna need to you to go ahead and send along a detailed list of all your assets, toys, deeds, to any real estate, patents pending, etc. Please include high resolution photos. I can't be bothered to Google image each and every one of them. Not enough time.

Chicken Little out.

#88 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm a little disappointed that I seemingly didn't get through to you. Not really sure which one of us to be more disappointed in though.

Perhaps I could elucidate by using someone's else's verbosity in a second attempt to save you from the dangerous jaws of an irrational mind.

I`m not being irrational, I`m simply pointing out that there may be more to life than just of what we presently know.
You, myself, and the rest of the world don't know everything. We as humans discover knew things everyday, and I'm sure we will continue quenching our thirst for knowledge forever.

If you don`t feel you've reached me, then please explain your point again. :)
Posted Image

#89 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I`m not being irrational, I`m simply pointing out that there may be more to life than just of what we presently know.
You, myself, and the rest of the world don't know everything. We as humans discover knew things everyday, and I'm sure we will continue quenching our thirst for knowledge forever.

If you don`t feel you've reached me, then please explain your point again. :)

Pointing out that there are things that we don't know that we don't know in order to leave the door open for the legitimizing of prophecies such as the Mayan Doomsday, or a Mayan 'Age of Aquarius', isn't what I would call the pinnacle of being rational.

#90 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Pointing out that there are things that we don't know that we don't know in order to leave the door open for the legitimizing of prophecies such as the Mayan Doomsday, or a Mayan 'Age of Aquarius', isn't what I would call the pinnacle of being rational.

I'm not legitimizing it and that's not why I'm saying there are things we don't know about ourselves, the planet, and the universe. I'm saying it's possible, but not definitively conclusive.

We as humans don't know a whole lot, it's just a simple observation.
So who are we to say something wont happen?

As for the "end of the world" prediction, I don't believe it because there is no evidence backing it up.
This prediction has nothing to do with the Mayans at all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.