The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earth’s Magnetic Field Long Overdue for a Reversal

nucklehead

Ya they stopped writing it for a reason.

There is the 25,625 year "Galactic Day" and the 5,125 year "Long Count" (Great Cycle). Both of these will end and restart on the Winter Solstice of 2012 (11:00 UST Dec. 21, 2012).

If you divide the GD cycle by 5, you get the LC.

25,625/5 = 5,125

All this proves is these were very accurate calenders based upon astronomical activity.

You're right that the calender will do the same as any calender does, it will restart.

The thing with this calender is it was prophesied to bring about a new awareness to humanity upon completion, not the end of the world.

I find it all really interesting and exciting, and I definitely don't believe in any of this doomsday hype.

The thing with this calender is it was prophesied to bring about a new awareness to humanity upon completion, not the end of the world.

I find it all really interesting and exciting, and I definitely don't believe in any of this doomsday hype.

Another thing that never gets mentioned. They carved this thing in stone. Honestly how far in the future would you make a calender?

My calender hanging at home ends December 31, 2012. Does that mean the world ends in 2012? No. It means I buy another calender.

I'm sure if you carved out a calender to some 1300 years in the future, you'd think you'd have done a pretty good job.

First of all, the culture is still very much alive.

The interesting part I take from all of it is multiple calenders lineup to this date. One in particular (the Great year), derives from the procession of the equinox, which is also starting over.

I can try and explain it all, but instead I suggest you watch this video if you're interested.

He explains it a lot better than I can.

Definitely. I remember watching a commercial a couple years ago that only aired for a month or so, but it basically said the world will end in 2012 from the gravitational influence of the planets aligning. It was implying you should buy one of these shelters they were building lol.

First of all, the culture is still very much alive.

The interesting part I take from all of it is multiple calenders lineup to this date. One in particular (the Great year), derives from the procession of the equinox, which is also starting over.

I can try and explain it all, but instead I suggest you watch this video if you're interested.

He explains it a lot better than I can.

(If you like this kind of stuff, I would watch them all from the beginning).

Naw, that video is a scam. The reason its hard to explain is because its wrong, and for some reason a video on youtube is easier to swallow. Throw a rock in the air and you will hit a youtube video with mind blowing predictions from long dead cultures. Their dates vary, I remember one saying the pyramids predicted (I forget what exactly) to happen in 2004, with all sorts of proof to support them.

I would ask you to make predictions as to what is going to happen before the end of the year, so they can be revisited in early 2013. And then when it doesn't happen, learn from this and don't make the same mistake again.

I can make predictions all day with 100% accuracy.

1)The world will not end tomorrow. If it does I will give you all a million dollars. If it doesnt you owe me $5 each

2) The Canucks will not play the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup finals.

3) Cody Hodgson will never score 30 goals for the Canucks.

4) Aaron Rome is no longer in a relationship with AV

Check back later for more gems of wisdom.

No, I dismiss because it doesn't sound anywhere near real in the first place, and because I have seen many different variations on this this same theme before, and they all sound the same, and they all turned out wrong.

ok, just don't make excuses in two years when that doesn't happen. Is there any way we will know this year that the 'new age' has began, or will the signs only be visible to you and others that watched the video?

What is reality to you? We are all on this planet conforming to society, participating in what think is reality, but really we have no idea why were are here.. It's your choice what to believe, but when a bunch of calender line up with a certain date, it has to be of some significance.

I don't know what's going to happen, I don't think anyone knows, that's just my guess. I'm not trying to make predictions, who knows what will happen, I think the biggest surprise would be that nothing happens. I just personally feel that more and more people are waking up to reality, and eventually (whether it be 2 years or 5 years, etc.), we will become more focused on the things that actually matter in this world.

We're here because of natural processes.

And no, just because planets line up with the sun, or the center of the galaxy, or with each other, it doesn't mean anything other than the meaning you or anyone wants to give it. We are a species that has always tried to give things meaning in order to help our understanding. This is how sun/moon worship started in our species infancy. These calenders and religious books and sacred texts, are all part of this desire to make sense out of senseless patterns in nature. Why does the sun come out during the day and the moon at night? Must be something acting on them. There must be some meaning to this, since other things around us that have a pattern have some meaning too. There must be something that is making this meaning for us to understand.

Do you see how this line of thinking make it easy to attach meaning?

That's all this is. The Mayans were able to keep accurate star charts, as other societies that had no connection to the Mayans were able to as well. The Mayans keep a chart or a calender based on their accurate recordings and thus their predictions, since their was a cyclical pattern to when certain stars or star formations appeared at certain places in the sky, at certain times of the year. They assumed there was some meaning, and after agreement they attached a meaning to it, and voila, you now have this 'Awakening' from their own myths taking center stage today, because their calender ran out, because they didn't continue making more calenders, because their civilization ended.

There's no 'end of the world' coming this year. There is no mass 'Age of Awakening' happening this year. This is nothing that will affect your life substantially as a result of this calender. Believing that it has the ability to tell you your future moves the burden of you(us) affecting your(our) own future by working/studying/investing in our shared prosperity today, that will help you(all humans) in the future.

You know what would ironically move us to an 'age of awakening'? If we collectively stopped buying into mythologies of ancient civilizations, or the notion that the ancient civilizations knew more or were advanced or superior, or more knowledgeable, or smarter, or whatever, than we are today, because they aren't. Their ignorance and those today that attach meaning from their ignorance are polluting our civilization today in many ways. We need to keep these throwbacks of pattern seeking and meaning attachments out of our current lives and civilization. They're holding us back from evolving as individuals, as an inter-connected society, and as a now inter-connected species.

This is the same fear and rumour mongering that happened with the turn of the millennium. There were predictions made, both good and disastrous, that were supposed to occur, and nothing occurred. It's because it's just another day, in our own arbitrary calender. Even our own calender, aside from keeping somewhat accurate track of the Earth's annual trip around the sun, the equinoxes, doesn't really have much meaning....at least not the spiritual kind that the Mayans were attempting to attach to their own present day calender.

Some of us embrace change and some of us fear it. The future is always and will always be about change. We can assign meaning to that change, or accept it as a natural part of everything, because everything does, has, and will eventually change/transform..... everything. It's more productive, imo, to affect some positive changes proactively in our collective lives while we still have the ability to, instead of wasting that time, pondering the 'meanings' of mythology, which again, imo, has the ability especially with our pattern seeking brains, to slow us down, get in our way, and stymie that change and progress.

That's a nickel's worth, since I seemingly tossed in a bit more than my two cents.

Archived