The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best quotes from NHL players?

BUT THERE WILL BE A GAME SEVEN...THEY'LL HOPE THAT THEY CAN GET LINDEN PATCHED UP FOR THAT ONE... HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY... HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...HE WILL PLAY, AND HE WILL PLAY AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ON TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!"

– Jim Robson after Game Six of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals

**I know this isn't a quote from a player, but in a "best quotes" thread, you have to post this one**

Marchand on Backstrom:

"He was trying to be sneaky and do a cheap shot, The ref caught him and that's all that matters."

(Sounds like Marchand is talking about himself :P)

Ehrhoff:

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen.”

Teemu Selanne about the All-Star Game:

"Winning is always fun, but the car is more important."

Patrick Roy on his shot attempt at the Oilers empty net:

"I guess they respect my shot because they were all ready at the blue line."

Brian Burke:

"Hockey is a man's game. The team with the most real men wins."

(too bad he forgot how to build a team)

Mikhail Grabovski:

"I think he is not Belarussian now, he is French because I never fight with Belarussian guys," Grabovski said. "I don't know why he wants to fight with me. If he wants to fight, we'll go in the street and every minute of every day I'll wait for him and we'll fight."

"I tell you, I scared only of my wife when she slap me like in the face sometimes, you know, when I'm bad."

In the Senators' first season, they got destroyed by Pittsburgh on the road. On one goal, Ken Hammond made a horrid pass that was intercepted by Kevin Stevens, who passed it to a wide open Joe Mullen and beat Peter Sidorkiewicz quite handily. After the game Hammond told reporters "Look, if I knew Mullen was open, I would have never passed it to Stevens."

"I saw the rebound and when the puck came to me, I said, oh my God, puck, I must shoot." - Alex Ovechkin

"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them" - Alex Ovechkin

”Siberian Husky. She’s all white. Beautiful blue eyes. That’s basically blonde girl with blue eyes. Your dream, man. My husky, basically, she’s a hot girl, man.”

”You know, I have many faces … masks. In home, I have one face. Public, I have other face. Uh … ahhhh, on ice I have different face. Day off I have four face. With you I have fifth face.”

“I think like, ‘And we have some problems here on the earth we worry about? Compared to like…nothing. Just be happy. Don’t worry be happy right now”

”I’m very into the universe, you know like how was created, you know, like, what is it, you know? Solar system is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, we’re so small you can never see it. Our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture our galaxy (is) like a small tiny-like dot in the universe. “

Ilya Bryzgalov

Reggie Dunlop: But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?

Ned Braden: Is the answer Jesus?

Reggie Dunlop: [looks at the Hanson brothers] Ok guys. Show us what you got.

Reggie Dunlop: What are you guys doing?

Steve Hanson: Puttin' on the foil!

Jeff Hanson: Every game!

Jack Hanson: Yeah, you want some?

"Every time a puck gets past me and i look back into the net, i say 'uh-oh'" Bernie Parent

"Give blood, play hockey" Unknown

"Hockey is figure skating in a war zone" Unknown

Hockey is our national religion. We have ice in our blood and blood on our ice" Unknown

"I had the idea that i should beat up every player i tangled with, and nothing ever convinced me it wasnt a good idea" Ted Lindsay

"Im not dumb enough to be a goalie" Brett Hull

It's an honour and a thrill and a privilege just to play in the NHL.

- Wayne Gretzky

Quotes from my coaches:

-Shoot,pass and kick some (insert word here)

-80 percent of the time the team that wants it the most wins the game

-This will be the last time you all play together on the same team so make the most of it (16 team end of the year tournament that we won)

Archived