3002 replies to this topic

#1 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Please use this thread for any discussion of a trade involving Roberto Luongo. Post all news & new information in the other pinned thread.

The other thread was becoming rather slow to load.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#2 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

He's still on the team, right?
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#3 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

He's still on the team, right?

Go ask samjam.

#4 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Go ask samjam.

So, he was traded months ago then

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#5 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Go ask samjam.

Its a shame his sources (Eklund, and Hockeyinsiderr) are window lickers.

#6 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Its a shame his sources (Eklund, and Hockeyinsiderr) are window lickers.

Gotta love how "Eklund" and "Hockeyinsiderr" are two different sources to you...

#7 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I am tired of NO HOCKEY!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#8 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

hmmm, new thread. must post!!!

that is all.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#9 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,953 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

It's sort of hard to trade a top 10 goalie when you don't know what the CBA is going to be like.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#10 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Gotta love how "Eklund" and "Hockeyinsiderr" are two different sources to you...

Well have to give the benefit of the doubt to them. But Personally seeing how they put out the same verbal diarrhea its hard to believe they are different people.

#11 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 74,986 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

:bored:

That is all.

307mg00.jpg

#12 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

:bored:

That is all.

Dat post count bumpin' post.

FWYIerW.png

#13 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 74,986 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Dat post count bumpin' post.

I miss Hockey. :(

307mg00.jpg

#14 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

i heard earlier today on NHL's XM radio that vancouver is bluffing when they say 5 teams have an offer on the table. that vancouver should've traded him by now.

why is the whole league hoping we get rid of luongo for a bag of pucks?

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#15 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Well I guess it got massive enough.

We'll see if this list is absurd by the 80th page. List of possible destinations:

Florida, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Toronto, Washington

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#16 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Luongo trade thread, take three.

first Luongo trade thread -147 pages, 4,376 replies, 374,233 views
second Luongo trade thread - 81 pages, 2,402 replies, 154,992 views

third Luongo trade thread...

In the first thread we were predicting what page Luongo would get traded on... :bigblush:
Don't remember anyone predicting thread three, page 300 haha.

What the hell will we do if/when he is traded?

Edited by oldnews, 06 October 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#17 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey king, a new thread about Luongo and almost a full page with none of your devaluations...?

I see you left this gem in the dead thread...

"I wouldn't be so sure that the Canucks will be the powerhouse that they were the last two seasons, nor would I be so sure that Florida would be in the position that you're assuming they'll be in."

Curious - you seem to be claiming that Florida won't need Luongo because they will be able to compete without him, despite the improvements of their competitors in their division. Funny thing is that in your endless complaints about signing Garrison, you resorted to calling the Panthers a pathetic team as part of your argument attempting to devalue Garrison's role on the top pairing - remember... utterly unimpressive given how pathetic that team is. Clearly you've done an about face on the Panthers. Care to explain?

But equally entertaining is your dire prediction about the Canucks chances in the NW in this rich offering...

"How about the upgrades in Minnesota & Edmonton? How about Calgary adding a new coach, Wideman, and Hudler?"

This is one of my favorite comments of yours. You love to sound the alarms about the Canuck's closing "window", and here you are suggesting that the Flames are a threat because they added Wideman, Hudler and a coach. Wow.

Posted Image

Please tell me more about Calgary's opening window....

#18 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

"How about the upgrades in Minnesota & Edmonton? How about Calgary adding a new coach, Wideman, and Hudler?"

This is one of my favorite comments of yours. You love to sound the alarms about the Canuck's closing "window", and here you are suggesting that the Flames are a threat because they added Wideman, Hudler and a coach. Wow.

I think he has had too much red mile koolaid. You know you get a Flames snuggie after 50 cups of it!

#19 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

OMG NOT ANOTHER LUONGO THREAD....oh wait....

#20 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

He's not going to be traded during the lockout so might as well wait until then before continuing this thread

#21 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

can't wait to see king of bs get owned and schooled in this thread as well....
or maybe he will avoid it and go crawl into a corner and lick his wounds.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#22 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

It's sort of hard to trade a top 10 goalie when you don't know what the CBA is going to be like.

Is it your assumption that Lou is....or was.....a top 10 goalie? Last year he didn't crack the top 10 in GAA or SP !! Maybe we hold Lou in too high esteem. A salary dump and a 2nd or 3rd liner might be all he justifies !

#23 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

King never did do those proposals.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#24 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

"I wouldn't be so sure that the Canucks will be the powerhouse that they were the last two seasons, nor would I be so sure that Florida would be in the position that you're assuming they'll be in."

Curious - you seem to be claiming that Florida won't need Luongo because they will be able to compete without him, despite the improvements of their competitors in their division. Funny thing is that in your endless complaints about signing Garrison, you resorted to calling the Panthers a pathetic team as part of your argument attempting to devalue Garrison's role on the top pairing - remember... utterly unimpressive given how pathetic that team is. Clearly you've done an about face on the Panthers. Care to explain?

Sure, I'll happily explain.

First, you'll note that I said that it's a dangerous assumption to make, that of Florida being bad and Vancouver being great. My point is that if you're holding onto Luongo under that assumption to occur, what if it doesn't? What if Florida's in firm command of their division? And also, like I brought up in the other thread, what if they're just horrible? Would it make sense for a horrible team to acquire a 34 year-old goaltender for some of their young players? Probably not.

RE: Garrison/pathetic team, that was in reference to guys like EOTM and Baggins talking about how great of a shutdown defenceman he was on the Panthers for the 1.5 years that he was in the NHL prior to his '11-'12 breakout. The team was pitiful, so my take was that he probably wasn't shutting anybody down.

Posted Image

So it's fair for Rupert to speak of the vast improvements of Carolina and Washington (Washington? Huh?), but it's absurd for me to bring up how Minnesota and Edmonton have also improved significantly, and how Calgary is a wild card? Minnesota has added two NHL All-Stars, and Edmonton has added another 1st overall pick. Oh, but we're the Canucks, so we don't need to worry about any of that, right? Heck, we signed Jason Garrison!

As for Calgary, I have no idea how they'll turn out, but a new coach often changes the landscape significantly. When AV first arrived, we were not expected to win the division, but we did. This happens regularly - there's usually a big momentum boost when there's a new coach. And honestly, where are they weak? Where? Cammalleri should help with their scoring, as should Hudler. That'd be their only area of weakness, that I'd see, prior to those two guys arriving. I don't know what'll happen to Calgary, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them as a playoff team, win the division, or even finish dead last. They're a total wild card.

#25 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

And honestly, where are they weak? Where? Cammalleri should help with their scoring, as should Hudler. That'd be their only area of weakness, that I'd see, prior to those two guys arriving. I don't know what'll happen to Calgary, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them as a playoff team, win the division, or even finish dead last. They're a total wild card.

This is weak king.
I hear so much talk of the Canucks core aging, and here you are pumping the tires of a team whose goaltender is 36, and whose captain is 35 - far and away their best two players. How's their window doing king? And for all your whining about Garrison, look what they just threw at Wideman, and watch how those two guys do comparatively.

You can't see any weaknesses in Calgary?
They have what might be as gaping a weakness as any team in the NHL. Their top line center, who they rode into the stampede turf, is now a Jet. Their big new acquisition to replace him is an overpayment - he had a terrible season upon returning from bolting to the KHL, his stats last year were bolstered by playing with Zetteburg and Filpulla (Zetteburg was Detroits' top scorer, Filpulla third - a point behind Datsyuk) - and Hudler was not centering that line - he played left wing. And by the way, for people who think Jordan Schroeder is too small to play in the NHL, Hudler is in the same weight class.

Aside from Hudler (a sort-of-center) - up the middle they have Matt Stajan (18 points), Roman Horak (11 points), Paul Byron (11 points) and Lance Bouma (5 points). Cammalleri is not a center - who are they kidding - he's another pint-sized guy like Hudler who was used as a center because they were and still are hopelesly shallow up the middle. Cammalleri is a winger. To top it all off, Feaster drafted a center, but he was the youngest player in the first round of the draft. Oh, I almost forgot - they signed Roman Cervenka - never played a game in the NHL - to a $3.775 million contract!
Which leads to their other gaping weakness: Feaster.

They have merely two players (and one prospect) who I'd like to see in Vancouver (Iginla's age, cap hit, and what Feaster would expect for him take him off the list) - Glencross and Giordano. Aside from that... nada.

You whine about Luongo's contract, but the Flames are limping along with a wagon load of terrible cap hits - Bouwmeester might be the most overpaid player in the NHL, Cammalleri is not a six million dollar producer, Stajan!?! Fingers crossed on Cervenka. Add Wideman to that growing list - and you are touting them as a threat because they added he and Hudler? That's entertaining.

To call them a "wild card" is very flattering. They'll need more than horseshoes to stay out of the NW basement.

Edited by oldnews, 07 October 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#26 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I hear so much talk of the Canucks core aging, and here you are pumping the tires of a team whose goaltender is 36, and whose captain is 35 - far and away their best two players. How's their window doing king? And for all your whining about Garrison, look what they just threw at Wideman, and watch how those two guys do comparatively.

You want to talk comparatively, look at their careers:

-GARRISON: 190 GP, 23 G, 59 P
-WIDEMAN: 535 GP, 67 G, 251 P

So, on what basis, besides speculation, can you reasonably suggest that Garrison's going to perform so much better? Age difference, BTW: about 1.5 years.

To call them a "wild card" is very flattering. They'll need more than horseshoes to stay out of the NW basement.

Your points are mostly fair (except for Bouwmeester, who's very, very good), and you might be right. My point is that I'm not confident in either opinion on Calgary. They could go either way. On paper, and on a 1-year time horizon, I don't see a lot of weakness. Olli Jokinen sucks, and they might be better without him. Cammalleri is a good player, Hudler's a good player, Baertschi excited a lot of people in the city. Wild card.

#27 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

You want to talk comparatively, look at their careers:

-GARRISON: 190 GP, 23 G, 59 P
-WIDEMAN: 535 GP, 67 G, 251 P

So, on what basis, besides speculation, can you reasonably suggest that Garrison's going to perform so much better? Age difference, BTW: about 1.5 years.

Your points are mostly fair (except for Bouwmeester, who's very, very good), and you might be right. My point is that I'm not confident in either opinion on Calgary. They could go either way. On paper, and on a 1-year time horizon, I don't see a lot of weakness. Olli Jokinen sucks, and they might be better without him. Cammalleri is a good player, Hudler's a good player, Baertschi excited a lot of people in the city. Wild card.

Wideman is a one-way wonder who was -14, -19 and -8 his last three years on three different teams.
In Calgary, where their blueline is shallow, and their centers are even weaker....it could get ugly. Overpayment regardless.

You can claim Jokkinen sucks - but he had 115 points in the past two seasons - Calgary's top scorer - and was a 3 million cap hit.

Bouwmeester - very very good? 5 goals last year, his best total in Calgary (12 in 3 seasons after 42 the previous 3 years), team worst -21 and a $6.7 million cap hit.... That is what you call a cap to dump.

Cammalleri's 19 and 20 goal seasons aren't exactly earning that 6 million paycheque.

Hudler is an overpayment - Detroit had 12 million in cap space to work with and they let him walk...Holland wasn't going over 3.3 for Hudler - for good reason - he knows talent and he looks at all the variables. He wasn't worth it...

#28 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

hey king, check this out....

Edited by oldnews, 07 October 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#29 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I am tired of NO HOCKEY!

who cares about hockey
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#30 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Wideman is a one-way wonder who was -14, -19 and -8 his last three years on three different teams.
In Calgary, where their blueline is shallow, and their centers are even weaker....it could get ugly. Overpayment regardless.

Seriously, the contradictions here vis-a-vis Jason Garrison are hilarious.

Jason Garrison is only in the NHL because he worked for cheap enough ($675K cap hit) to be attractive to a team like the cash-strapped Florida Panthers, who gave him his shot - and then went on to let him walk in exchange for Filip Kuba.

Jason Garrison has played 1/3 the games that Dennis Wideman has. Jason Garrison has 1/3 the goals that Dennis Wideman has. Jason Garrison has 1/4 the points that Dennis Wideman has. Jason Garrison has never exceeded Dennis Wideman in points in a single season - not even in his "breakout" year!

Yet, somehow, in some way, Dennis Wideman's contract is "an overpayment" that "could get ugly", but, somehow, some way, Jason Garrison's contract is just terrific, even the signing of the year! EXPLAIN THIS CONTRADICTION AND LACK OF LOGIC IN THIS!

- very very good? 5 goals last year, his best total in Calgary (12 in 3 seasons after 42 the previous 3 years), team worst -21 and a $6.7 million cap hit.... That is what you call a cap to dump.

I'd sure take him on the Canucks, wouldn't you? I'd certainly take Bouwmeester if Calgary's considering dumping him. Heck, they can have Ballard, Booth, Malhotra...there's a fair share of trash on this team that they can take off of our hands, if they want.

But I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't want to!

Inexplicable lack of production aside, Bouwmeester still plays 25:57 per game, ranking him 6th in the entire NHL. His 5 goals that you mention is still more than Hamhuis had last season, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.