The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Again. It is not my concern who gets traded. Whether it is Luongo or Schneider and yes, I do realize Luongo already has a foot out the door, I couldn't care less about the matter. What I am looking for as of now, is a quote from Gillis that states he chose to go with Schneider over Luongo. And I'm looking for it from smurf47 the great. No need to protect smurf47 from adversity. It is time he delivers on what he spreads; that Gillis chose to go with Schneider. Smurf47, it is your chance to legitimize yourself as a professional individual.

So does Lu get traded as soon as the lockout ends? I'm sure if there is a deal in the works with the leafs that they would probably want to start the shortend season with a sure fire, top notch goaltender to insure themselves a playoff spot. Its going to be a drag race to get a spot in this years playoffs (provided there is a season), so might as well start with some solid goaltending no? Come on Burkie send Gardner plus our way and we'll both be happy..

So does Lu get traded as soon as the lockout ends? I'm sure if there is a deal in the works with the leafs that they would probably want to start the shortend season with a sure fire, top notch goaltender to insure themselves a playoff spot. Its going to be a drag race to get a spot in this years playoffs (provided there is a season), so might as well start with some solid goaltending no? Come on Burkie send Gardner plus our way and we'll both be happy..

Lu went up for sale as soon as the Canucks were eliminated. If there was any strength in the offers, at all, the deal would be done by now. Just like a piece of real estate, the first week is so critical (look at how the Penguins handled Staal, for example).

Lu said himself that he didn't expect to be back in Vancouver in August. Gillis probably had also expected stronger offers, and now is left in the precarious position of holding onto a weakening asset and hoping for some sort of miraculous offer to come around (unlikely, IMO).

and if you reread my post, I stated management had decided on which goalie to keep and which to trade. I did not specifically say MG as I believe it was a total management choice. Picking on my point of view, is picking on managements because we share that belief. Go grind your axe somewhere else as your pickiness is pointless. Lou is being shopped !!

The Staal deal happened at the draft, which coincidentally is one of the two times I suggested Luongo could be dealt if not before the season. That was a completely different situation, and really bears no resemblance other than the fact they are both stars. RFA vs. long contract, Staal knew where he wanted to sign, and so on...

It's funny, that's what he said he would do from the beginning, because he's not worried about having two awesome goaltenders, especially possibly heading in to a compressed season. It's a good problem to have when you're playing 4 games a week. He has time on his side.

Whoa man, take a chill pill. You are being a sensationalist. Whether smurf is right in saying for sure Schneider is being kept over Luongo or not, you are asking for information that would never be released by management, so if you have the ace in your hand you don't have to smear it all over the poker table. Just play your card.

Exactly, no one has any business saying one way or the other for certain, but when words and actions point in an obvious direction, you're not exactly putting it all on black to say Schneider's our guy in the future.

If management would not divulge such information as to whether it decided to go with one goaltender or the other,

If no one has no business stating for certain, that management has decided to go with one goaltender or the other,

If no such information can be found regarding such matters as a management making a choice between one goaltender or another,

Then it is our duty as fans, posters and fact seekers, to call one on falsified information, in this case, is smurf47.

He either admits to falsifying facts, or he finds a secondary source quoting first source. Simple really...

Kadri is Junk, read my post on page 67. The guy is a 3 year pro, a center drafted 6th overall and can't crack a non playoff team in need of an offensive center...hmmm...something is just a not right there hey?

Bozak agree solid 3rd liner.

So we're trading an all star who is still only 33, yes with a big contract but is still a top ten goalie in the league with the ability to be the top goalie in the league and potential to be a vezina winner, is a goal medal winner, tons of playoff experience, been to game 7 of the finals, will get the leafs into the playoffs..

for a 3rd liner and 2nd round pick in the middle (bc they will make the playoffs with Lou and JVR) and a guy who will be a career AHL'er?

WOW

I've said it before, Kadri and Bozak + pick would be a reasonable return for Luongo. I don't have Kadri in my theoretical Canucks lineup, because I know AV and I know Kadri isn't defensively responsible. Does that make him a complete bust? No, just means he has to spend another year developing in OUR system. I remember the growing pains with Wellwood, he had all kinds of Leaf bad habits including eating an excessive amount of cheeseburgers. Kadri is a top notch dynamic forward, a future top 6 player that is worth the gamble. I also like the optimism directed towards Schroeder, I've stuck with this kid all the way and it's good to see him get some recognition.

The best immediate return from the deal with Toronto would be Bozak. Yes, he would be our 3rd line centre but he would be a productive 3rd line centre, he would give us the ability to attack with 3 lines like when Hodgson was here. Bozak is also good in his own zone, and has seen his offensive numbers increase every year he's been in the league. His stock is climbing, a sound investment for a team this deep.

I understand you point of view on the matter and I respect your opinion. You are indeed one of the most credible posters on this site. What I am doing here is simply pointing out a major flaw in fandom and mass movements whereby falsified facts can go astray and, are, in the long run, considered actual fact.

Even though it does appear, that Luongo made his own bed and management finds itself at a crossroads between making a choice between two goaltenders; one on a hefty, anchoring contract and getting up there in age, and the other, young, poised and on a seemingly perfect contract, no one from Canucks management has stated anything regarding a choice between Luongo and Schneider.

The tribulation ahead of us is of great importance for the franchise and factual evidence must be scrutinized so as to understand the true picture in this situation. Spreading falsified facts does not help in any way, to get to the bottom of things, especially when only supported by such personal claims and opinions as smurf47 has done so many times in so many posts..

This fandom concerning Schneider, a recent sensation nonetheless, not only clouds the judgement of posters, players and the ream's value, it also prevents posters who would like to discuss other options such as the possibility of a Schneider trade, even if remote, from posting here in this thread, as they will be ganged up in personal attacks aimed at their intellect, maturity and even age.

It is rather disconcerting and it prevents real discussion from other perspectives from taking place.

I respect your opinion, as I respect the opinions of most posters on this board. Even King of ES does have some very good points from time to time. There are, on the other hand, a few posters who engage in popular opinion and spread it as facts, mostly based on skewed deduction. These falsified facts are then internally quoted as sources and it only confuses matters at hand.

It is my belief that such falsified facts are very dangerous. I understand this is only about a player and a team, not world politics and nuclear development. Nonetheless, there is enough to play around. No need to spread falsified fact by repetition and self quoting.

Archived