The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Speaking of facts, why don't you get some? You criticize Kadri for being 'out of shape' and having 'attitude' issues because he went to training camp with a bf count that 99.9% of the people on this board would drool over. Then you are critical that a 2009 draft pick isn't an NHL regular yet. Kadri is just beginning his 3nd season in the AHL and has split the previous 2 seasons playing in the NHL/AHL. He has played more NHL games than either Kassian or Schroeder, who were also selected in the same draft year. His stats (offensive and defensive) are superior to those players, as well.

You talk about other people's lack of hockey knowledge but don't seem to understand that most players don't just jump into the NHL right after being drafted. The prime age for rookies (forwards) to make the NHL is between 20 and 23, so let's give these guys a couple more years before call them "busts".

So in a way that is kind of an expectation? That I will say what you hope, not it's not a fact actually. This is what a rhetorical question is, and I don't think u have asked me very good one's since everytime u think u have asked one I can still give an answer that makes your point look poor.

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply.

1. I never said I knew more about them, what I said was (again) they are humans, they make mistakes, what they say and do isn't the Be-all and end-all, coaches and GM's make mistakes all the time. Don't change my words completely.

2. Again, I never said he made the NHL, I said he is futher along in his development than any of our prospects, he has done more at the NHL level, and played more at the NHL level. Again your changing my words completely to make yourself sound less stupid.

3. I'm not defending the Leafs, they suck. I make fun of them all the time. I was telling u why I think they have missed the playoffs, I don't see your point here we are on the same side of the ledger on this one.

4. Yeah I know they haven't, I again never said they had one. I don't know what you are getting at. Again.

5. No Kadri was drafted because he was the BPA. Obviously they had expectations he would oneday become a useful top 6 center, but he is still only 22, no reason to panic and call him a bust, he has actually done some nice things, especially when us Vancouver fans look at our prospects. You guys just expect way too much of him to early. And we're not in disagreement on the other points so I don't know why u bring it up.

All you did there was change my words twice, you argued about things I agree on 2 (and a half) times, then I gave u my explaination as to why Kadri was picked, and why u shouldn't panic. No fact involved really. It's you changing things and side tracking to make yourself seem less stupid than u have already made yourself look IMO.

Here's some things you've said, so lets talk about stupid

1. "I don't want you as a fan of my team" - lol how stupid is that - moreover I was born and raised in vancouver and guarantee I've been a fan much longer than your 19 yrs of age if you're even that.

2. Implied that the Leafs didn't make the playoffs / "play dropped of a cliff" bc Kadri was sent down - again a ridiculous comment showing very little understanding of hockey, his play, and the leafs.

3. Not recognizing that a players committment and drive are the things that often separate those that make the NHL and those that don't not politics. Its a competitive world, and teams want and must win. If they have a player that will help them win they play him unless he's a cancer then they trade him. If he's not being played there is a reason due to his PLAY.

4. Not recognizing or willing to accept that Burke, Wilson, Eakins clearly know more about hockey than you or I. You state you never said that, but its THE IMPLICATION of your comments. That you think from your little basement in mom's house, never really seeing the guy play other than a game here or there, you have a better view on his talent than the guys that drafted him, are coaching him, scouted him, watch him night in night out. If they don't think he can play in the NHL and has been given EVERY chance in the book you still think he can from your amazing knowledge of his play/skills/etc - don't forget this isn't the Red Wings development team, or the Canucks where there is no room above to come take a spot and thus staying in the AHL for three years makes sense, this is a TEAM desperate for a center. But you continually choose to IGNORE that fact...

I can go on and on repeating but I am tired of arguing with Imbecils who can't even see the flaws in their own logic, aren't willing to accept they are SIMPLY WRONG.

Say things based on what they read online, in the hockey news draft preview, etc etc, vs looking at facts, situations, reality. But I digress Nazem Kadri is the next coming of Stevey Y, Joe Sakic, and Pierre Turgeon, and Roberto Loungo's flaws are all the fault of the meany fans and meany media that are not playing nicey nicey with him, if they did he would be the bestest bestest goalie ever ever.

There is urgency, but Gillis is patient and will wait for the "right" deal. However the "right" deal could change depending on the level of urgency.. aka the Nucks stumbling out of the block.

I to think that Kadri and Bozak would be a very good return for Lui, though I would hope to get one of Reimer or Scrivens back to compete for the back up role. I dont think Lack has yet earned the role, and is having quite the sub par season in Chi town.

Bozak is somewhat miscast in his role in TO, however the kid has shown the ability to be able to play with high level skilled wingers. The guy really reminds me of the good Chris Higgins... Hard working shifts with decent speed, hands, and hockey IQ... Plus he's MONEY on faceoffs with a career avg of 54%. Last season he registered 18 goals, 47 points in 72 games played. Hes been a (-) player, but so has everyone on the Leafs with their questionable defence and inconsistent goaltending. A potential 3rd line of Higgins - Bozak - Hansen would be one of the better all around 3rd lines in the league, providing hard working feisty shifts, while all 3 could potentially put up 15+ goals and 45+ points... Do some research and you wont find many like it in the league.

Kadri is more of a question mark as to whether he'll be able to convert to a consistent NHLer, but his potential offensive upside is greater than any other prospect currently in our system IMO. This kid has good speed and some serious hands... And is also clutch in shootouts, whichll be extremely valuable in aquiring points over a shortened season. He's labled a playmaker that also plays with an arogant edge and is known to chirp it up... How could that not be interesting to see how he looks on Keslers wing? IMO Kadri has the potential somewhere between a Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane, but at this point Id say its a 60/40 gamble in favor of wheather he comes close to achieveing that potential.

Luongo is an expired asset as far as the Canucks are concerned, but he'll likely be the best player in the deal for at least another few seasons, which IMO is what the Leafs need at the moment. Lui will add some more credability to the Leafs, and help the team attract more FAs. Players want to win, and thus the Leafs must make the playoffs again before the bigger names will give them an edge over signing with another club.

Actually no, just have more knowledge than many of the people on here who say things because they 'like' guys versus using an objective critical view.

Say things based on what they read online, in the hockey news draft preview, etc etc, vs looking at facts, situations, reality. But I digress Nazem Kadri is the next coming of Stevey Y, Joe Sakic, and Pierre Turgeon, and Roberto Loungo's flaws are all the fault of the meany fans and meany media that are not playing nicey nicey with him, if they did he would be the bestest bestest goalie ever ever.

Actually no, just have more knowledge than many of the people on here who say things because they 'like' guys versus using an objective critical view.

Who's ignoring facts?

If Kadri was getting a PPG in the AHL while being a high draft pick of any other team, he would not have the reputation that he does. Call him fat all you want, he's got 109 points in 123 AHL games since being drafted. That's pretty good - like what you'd expect from a 6th overall pick. Far more AHL and NHL success than what Zack Kassian's got.

You're the one who's clearly denying reality. Kadri has produced wherever he's been. No reason to think that'll change at the NHL level. I don't care that he's small.

Who's ignoring facts?

If Kadri was getting a PPG in the AHL while being a high draft pick of any other team, he would not have the reputation that he does. Call him fat all you want, he's got 109 points in 123 AHL games since being drafted. That's pretty good - like what you'd expect from a 6th overall pick. Far more AHL and NHL success than what Zack Kassian's got.

You're the one who's clearly denying reality. Kadri has produced wherever he's been. No reason to think that'll change at the NHL level. I don't care that he's small.

I think Lou will stay and Schneider will be traded for legitimate top 6 talent. For backups, there are plenty of backups in the league. It would also serve well to have Luongo back into an uncontested number one position as he performs best when in that state of mind, as well as when seeing more rubber than usual.

Thread troll jacked by buretomogilny and canucks_hockey_101, with King of the ES being the voice of reason.. who would of thought?

Kadri getting better and better as time goes on, yet haters still hating because hes not a superstar at 21-22 years old. This kid would be our most skilled prospect hands down, and would improve the likes of Kesler, Kassian, and Booth as he can actually pass the puck, something we are currently lacking in our top 6 outside of the sedins.

Keep hoping for a Luongo straight up for Jonathan Huberdeau type of trade... its not going to happen. If the rumours are true with Kadri you guys should be excited were not just being thrown 3rd liners like Bozak and mid level picks. Grow up.

Kesler does not have the pass first instinct of the great centers of the game. I would tend to want to try Kadri at 2C nonetheless; as TmanVan noted above, he does pass. Maybe try something like this:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kadri - Kesler

Archived