The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

It was my wish to have:

D.Sedin - H. Sedin - Butrows

Booth - Hodgson - Kesler

Since Hodgson was a natural passing centerman... And considering Kesler's tendency to shot more than pass... It worked wonders when Sundin was centering Kesler. Of course Hidgson and Kadri have a lot of meat to eat before being considered in the same league as Sundin, though a passing center was the solution at the time.

It was my wish to have:

D.Sedin - H. Sedin - Butrows

Booth - Hodgson - Kesler

Since Hodgson was a natural passing centerman... And considering Kesler's tendency to shot more than pass... It worked wonders when Sundin was centering Kesler. Of course Hidgson and Kadri have a lot of meat to eat before being considered in the same league as Sundin, though a passing center was the solution at the time.

Well why don't i get some (facts) I just spewed a whole list of them, so go read them, and alot of them are quotes from HIS OWN COACHING STAFF AND GM!!!!!!!

Secondly, I don't play in the NHL nor do you or anyone on here so the fact he has less body fat than you or me is simply....a completely irrelevant and moreover stupid point. He needs to be in shape relative to his competition idiot, not me or you.

Third, being out of shape when you're on the bubble to begin with, and have been CRITICIZED BY YOUR COACHES AND GM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS ABOUT COMMITTMENT AND SHOWING UP TO CAMP OUT OF SHAPE SAYS WHAT TO YOU? That he's committed? WOW some bizzaro world you must live in.

Another man crush lover, you and the other guy must be the type that was blaming Lou meltdowns on the fans and not on his own issues as a goaltender.

Thread troll jacked by buretomogilny and canucks_hockey_101, with King of the ES being the voice of reason.. who would of thought?

Kadri getting better and better as time goes on, yet haters still hating because hes not a superstar at 21-22 years old. This kid would be our most skilled prospect hands down, and would improve the likes of Kesler, Kassian, and Booth as he can actually pass the puck, something we are currently lacking in our top 6 outside of the sedins.

Keep hoping for a Luongo straight up for Jonathan Huberdeau type of trade... its not going to happen. If the rumours are true with Kadri you guys should be excited were not just being thrown 3rd liners like Bozak and mid level picks. Grow up.

I have to say that I agree with King on this one as well. Kadri is a better prospect than he is given credit for, (In fact, I said early on in this saga, that I would have taken a Schenn-Kadri package for Lou) probably because he plays in T.O.

I also agree with King that Luongo is not going to garner the Canucks a A-level prospect like Huberdeau. This is why I had agreed with oldnews in that Bjugstad and Petrovic was the deal Gillis should pursue. Both players add something to the Canucks' prospect pool that is currently lacking and neither is the Panthers' top prospect at their position. (In fact, Hockey's Futures lists Bjugstad as Florida's third best prospect at center, behind Huberdeau and Rocco Grimaldi)

Unfortunately, with the way CBA negotiations are going, I don't think we'll see any resolution to this situation anytime soon...

Thread troll jacked by buretomogilny and canucks_hockey_101, with King of the ES being the voice of reason.. who would of thought?

Kadri getting better and better as time goes on, yet haters still hating because hes not a superstar at 21-22 years old. This kid would be our most skilled prospect hands down, and would improve the likes of Kesler, Kassian, and Booth as he can actually pass the puck, something we are currently lacking in our top 6 outside of the sedins.

Keep hoping for a Luongo straight up for Jonathan Huberdeau type of trade... its not going to happen. If the rumours are true with Kadri you guys should be excited were not just being thrown 3rd liners like Bozak and mid level picks. Grow up.

I HAVE ON QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

YOU HAVE A LINE WITH KADRI ON OUR SECOND LINE

NOOOOW.....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

YOU HAVE HIM ON OUR SECOND LINE, LET ALONE OUR ROSTER

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....

THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME...

:frantic:

Why don't we ask Josh Holden to come back as well...he was a heck of a player in Junior and the AHL

Look you know very little about hockey and its clear. I know alot more, suck it up. I'm right you're wrong time will show it.

3 years ago i was on here and attacked bc I said Schnieds was a better goalie and said exactly what played out between our goalies would and that Lou would be gone, and had suggested Lou should be traded when his value was high.

I was right others were wrong because I can judge hockey talent. You can't from your point and that's fine. But your simpleton logic of pts in the AHL = 2nd line player in the NHL has been proven wrong over the course of history MORE than proven right.

What tends to matter is being exceptional at:

1. Skating if you don't have size (which he isn't he's ok).

2. Having size if you're only an OK skater.

3. Consistency = yes he's been consistent at the AHL level so can't argue there.

4. Committement = has shown he's not given his attitude towards training

5. Drive = None, has been given every oppty to make a crap, non playoff team in need of an offensive center and can't even stick, not come in and play like Tavares, I am talking STICK with the big club and develop

6. Addressing your game shortcomings and having Mgmt and Coaches on your side because you are - its called being coachable. He has been vilified by his coaches and GM.

So say all you want. Facts are Facts and if you're like to send him some flowers and ask for a date I know where he hangs out in Toronto.

I HAVE ON QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

NOOOOW.....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2 YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

BUT AGAIN, HE CAN'T MAKE THE LEAFS...HMMM

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2 YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

BUT AGAIN, HE CAN'T MAKE THE LEAFS...HMMM

Well why don't i get some (facts) I just spewed a whole list of them, so go read them, and alot of them are quotes from HIS OWN COACHING STAFF AND GM!!!!!!!

Secondly, I don't play in the NHL nor do you or anyone on here so the fact he has less body fat than you or me is simply....a completely irrelevant and moreover stupid point. He needs to be in shape relative to his competition idiot, not me or you.

Third, being out of shape when you're on the bubble to begin with, and have been CRITICIZED BY YOUR COACHES AND GM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS ABOUT COMMITTMENT AND SHOWING UP TO CAMP OUT OF SHAPE SAYS WHAT TO YOU? That he's committed? WOW some bizzaro world you must live in.

Another man crush lover, you and the other guy must be the type that was blaming Lou meltdowns on the fans and not on his own issues as a goaltender.

Archived