The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

I think if i sharted a retarded digested clam out of my behind it would be smarter than smashian kassian and king of es.

wow great comp frankie corrado, a perfect example of your lack of critical thinking. you see kid when you try to frame an argument try to use a similar player at least.

1. Don't choose a first year dman for whom there is no spot on the roster vs a 3rd year player who has had a spot open for 3 years and shows up out of shape

2. Don't choose a what 6th round draft pick? vs a 6 th overall

3. Don't choose a player that has gone from 6th round pick to invitee to the world juniors bc in fact it shows you up, bc he is exceeding expectations while your choice is failing miserably.

that's just some basic simple logic you might want to employ going forward as you have a real lack of ability to think critically.

"You think: McArthur, Lombardi, Connolly, Kulemin, Grabovski, JVR, Bozak, Frattin exc. Aren't capable of being prpductive top 9/top 6 players? Give me a break. They all can, and they are all being paid be money so they will get the chances above a guy like Kadri anyways. It's called politics"

LOL!!

Lombardi is a concussion away from the end of his career and plays the 4th line

Connolly (see above on the concussions as well) was brought in because they had no other choice since the kid they drafted to fill that offensive center spot sucked balls - his name is Kadri

Grabo is their second and there solidly yes

Frattin has done nothing and is fringe

Bozak is a third line center on any other team and even many on this site say 3rd in van, again because no one else took the spot.

the rest aren't centers :)

learn to argue / debate with well thought out points not because I think so's.

I really don't understand why you think politics is the reason a player isn't given a chance and not his ability. It really speaks to an entitelement attitude of gen y that thinks you don't have to earn things. That you have a right to a spot in this world, and if you don't get it, its not your fault but someone elses. It speaks to an internal view that people are 'owed' things and if they don't get them well its not because they didn't earn it, its because they were screwed over.

As I said, go get mommy's keys and get your allowance and take your girlfriend in mommy's bmw to earls and have a nice evening acting important. One day you'll learn you have to EARN things kid.

wow...lol...now you and your kadri lover friends are just reaching new lows with that comment

Lol...Brian Burke knows less about talent evaluation than people on this board...wow...ok...good for you, I am glad you live in your happy neverland place..must be nice there, are there sunny skies, bunnies, and streams of chocolate there too?

Lol I guess the rest of the world has it wrong and more body fat is better than less. buddy did you do the analysis for kadri at camp? do you think they probably look at multiple measures of fitness? maybe maybe? and just maybe he was not ready thus the comments in the press?

are people really this stupid? wow our education system is failing miserably

wow...lol...now you and your kadri lover friends are just reaching new lows with that comment

Lol...Brian Burke knows less about talent evaluation than people on this board...wow...ok...good for you, I am glad you live in your happy neverland place..must be nice there, are there sunny skies, bunnies, and streams of chocolate there too?

Lmao...oh ok Nazem Kadri hasnt made the NHL because he is soo goood ,but the crap leafs don't want to win that's not their job, they've been trying to lose to stack up on first overall picks, so they will play worse players bc they are out to get him, and then they can screw him over some more by getting high picks and playing them instead...ya that's the ticket.

makes sense, you're right you win.

and read the whole post not just the part on sharting...no reference to that hey since it kinda just knocks your silly points out of the water, pretty much like everything else i have said.

I win you lose.

Now go gas up momma's car.

I've never even heard of the kid, so to suggest that I am a "Kadri lover" is a stretch. A stretch that allows you to know all there is to know.

You aren't allowing for the fact that you may be wrong. I am allowing for the fact that I may be. You see, when you paint the world as black and white, as you have, you allow for only two possible realities. Whereas, if you paint the world in the various shades of gray that make up reaity, the world is made up of numerous possibilies. In this world it is both possibe that Kadri is much better than you claim he is, and that you know far less about hockey than you claim to.

It's called a false dichotomy, and you have constructed a giant one, wherein anyone who disagrees with you must a) want to have intimate relations with Kadri, B) knows nothing about hockey, and c) lives in a land that is nice and where chocalate flows like rivers and there are sunny skies and bunnies (actually, most places are nice and have sunny skies and bunnies from time to time - maybe if you lived in such a place you wouldn't be so filled with hate and bile).

In the world I live in, I am allowing for the possibility that Brian Bruke doesn't know everything there is to know about talent, as indicated by the sword of Damocles that hangs over his job. I am saying, no matter how bad you think Kadri may be, he most certainly has NHL potential. But however good he may be, it's also quite possible Brian Burke's head is so far up his own keester that he can't see that. I didn't say Kadri was the next Joe Sakic, that was you. But I did say he could be, and for you to say that he absolutely is not, shows that you know far less about hockey than you claim.

Now I must go. I have streaming chocolate to feed my sunshine bunnies.

lol...seems like that happens when the gang of 21 yr olds can't handle arguments that show how simple their logic is huh? Just like the -27 hits i got on my schnieder will stay lou will be traded thread 2 yrs ago and all the vitreol that came with it...

yet back then i was told i didn't judge talent, know what i was talking about, etc etc...

sounds familiar hey? lol

yup...

1. Kadri has shown his potential = 3 yrs can't break one of the worst lineups in the NHL, and you named a bunch of players that have who you say suck...so...kinda argued against yourself there hey? Again, look at my points about transition from AHL to NHL, his issues, the oppty he's had given the lack of a center in Toronto and the crap team they have, yet he hasn't made it. Its not from anything other than a lack of the ability to make the jump. He is not going to be a top 2 line NHL'er.

Why don't you go address my points in the FLA - VAN proposal thread. but this time actually address my points and think about it for longer than 2 seconds before beginning another caps lock tyrade with nothing but your blah blah blah and nonsense in it.

Other wise your a troll in my books, and on your way to another ban as Smurf said.

Remember how dissapointed people were, even hockey "experts" when Burke took Bobby Ryan and 3 full years after being drafted he didn't make Anaheims roster full time.

Claude Giroux, 3 years after beind drafted only had 42 nhl games under his belt before making it full time in his 4th year.

James Van Riemsdyk made his nhl debut in his 3rd year after being drafted, and only put up 35 points in 78 games. Makes Kadri's 19 points in under 60 games spread throughout his first 2 years after being drafted look not too bad.

Kyle Turris, drafted in 2007 was considered a bust by alot of people until last season, 4 years later... and all he needed was a chance.

Cody Hodgson, of course drafted in 08, had half the people on these boards already considering him a bust by 2010 because he couldn't crack our line up, and he is just now showing what he is made of.

What about Jake Gardiner? he was drafted in 2008 too, just had his rookie season in 2011, 3 years later. I don't see people complaining about him.

Brayden Schenn,Kyle Palmieri, Louis Leblanc, Chris Kreider, David Rundblad, Peter Holland, Ryan Ellis, Zack Kassian, and Jared Cowen were all drafted in 2009 with Kadri, and have all played a similair amount of games as him. Are they all busts too using your method of hasn't made the nhl full time in 3 years = must be a bust?

Its a pretty standard learning curve, and your argument is invalid.

No I don't have those powers on this board unfortuantly, I'm just tired of having a shouting match of personal attacks with you, I would prefer to have a disscussion/argument with actually facts and points provided.

I want to see if you are capable of that by answering my points without twisting things. or else I'm done feeding your trolling mouth.

Archived