• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

3,003 posts in this topic

I actually suggested something along those lines early on in the Luongo saga.

I think I was looking for both Schenns in return, but I was giving the Flyers a defenseman as well. It was kind of tongue in cheek, but I was suggesting the Flyers bury Breezy in the minors like the Rags did with Redden. Unfortunately, the new CBA will likely do away with that option.

Thinking outside the box a bit, I wonder what Homer would say to Luo and Edler for the Schenns? Don't get me wrong, I love Eddie, but as a pending UFA, I don't know if we can keep him...

Being a Homer, I don't like that deal.  I wouldn't give Luongo one for one for Luke when he was in Toronto, so that aspect doesn't look any sweeter now, which is what would hang up that deal from my perspective.   I'm sceptical about Schenn's mobility and awareness - yes, he is young, but those are two things that are difficult to simply develop.   I'd consider the Brayden/Edler part of the deal, but I don't like the idea of moving a top 4 blueliner with definite top 2 potential for a young forward - simply harder to come by defensemen of that quality.

I would not be surprised at all, however, if Philly does whatever it takes to move Bryz.

I think a deal with Philly without a blueliner going their way would have to involve their wealth of young forwards.  If Edler were going their way, I'd want something more along these lines in return:

Luongo, Edler

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn

I almost forgot part 2:

Bryz to Toronto for Bozak if they don't like the Kadri deal :bigblush:

A problem for us here in the Luongo thread is that the complications of an extended lockout are making it difficult to come up with reasonably informed proposals.  With the UFA status of Edler approaching, and the uncertainty of the future salary cap, it's difficult to know what the unknown possibilities/necessities will be.  It could be that moving Luongo for prospects/picks alone will be very necessary to create cap space - it could be that looking for another top 4 will be necessary, if Edler is lost to UFA status, or that packaging Edler will be necessary if a lockout ends and he remains unsigned.  The one positive thing that I'd be willing to bet is that Gillis is tracking strategic changes day by day however, and that when there is movement, the Canucks will be prepared out of the gate...

Philadelphia

4. Not decline, but incline...Young stud will not be denied his day, which is due.

Luongo and a 2nd for Couturier and Simmonds

Bryzgalov to Toronto for Kadri. ::D

This is a joke, right? Philly wouldn't give you one of those guys, let alone both.

Unfortunately, it requires Philadelphia to trade an untradeable contract.

If you think Toronto, or anyone else, would even take a whiff of Bryzgalov, you are dreaming.

Buddy, you changed it from Luongo and Edler for Couturier, Simmonds and Coburn to Luongo and a 2nd for Couturier and Simmonds. Pathetic

If you were Toronto and you were offered Bryz for very little would you not do it? I probably would to be honest.

Buddy, I copied oldnews' post directly. He made another proposal which I also responded to.

Weak attempt on your part. Embarrassing.

This just shows how uninformed you are on the importance of contracts, but it does explain some of your proposals.

I would be floored if the Flyers were ever actually able to unload him onto another team.

Failed logic really. oldnews edited his post at 1:18pm today, and you replied just 25 minutes ago. So this right now has fingers pointing at you editing his post.

I see we're back to normality.

WPG

Schneider

Edler

Ballard

Raymond

2 X 1st

VAN

Byfuglien

Kane

Ladd

"Failed logic" does not make sense. I'm pressing the "Quote" button when I'm replying. That's why they're quoted and you can see what I'm responding to.

This is really difficult for you, isn't it?

It actually isn't difficult for me, it appears that is difficult for you to figure out that you edited his post and just simply refuse to say you did.

This just shows how uninformed you are on the importance of contracts, but it does explain some of your proposals.

I would be floored if the Flyers were ever actually able to unload him onto another team.

Normally, I'd agree regarding Eddie. However, the fact that he would be a UFA factors into my belief that we couldn't get as much for him.

I've seen estimates of 6 million plus for Edler on a new contract and I don't think that it's too far off the mark. The question is, can the Canucks afford him? Or is it better to trade him for a younger, cheaper player who while certainly a downgrade offensively, was top 5 in hits last season and might just blossom into the player he was expected to be coming out of junior, while playing in the Canucks' system?

Don't get me wrong. I love Eddie and would be loathe to trade him, but with the new CBA on then horizon, I'm not convinced that we will be able to re-sign him.

This is a joke, right? Philly wouldn't give you one of those guys, let alone both.

What is it with most Canuck fans having an inability to offer reasonable Canuck player valuations?

Winnipeg would laugh.