The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

No not joKing, and not surprised that you object.

On the other hand, if Bryz were a Canuck and Luongo a Flyer, what would we have to give up to land Luongo?

Keep in mind the numerous deals that Holmgren cut recently sending guys with very similar contracts to Luongo, Carter and Richards, out of town in exchange for a stable load of quality young players...

Kane is more valuable than Schneider, because they already have Pavelec and because Kane is such a rare talent (also 5 years younger).

This will probably get me flamed, but I'd rather have Byfuglien than Edler. Again, it's the rarity of his skillset.

The last one is by far the biggest disparity. Andrew Ladd is far more valuable than that package. Ballard is not worth a thing, and will probably be a casualty of this lockout. Don't be surprised if he's played his last game as a Canuck. So it's basically Raymond & 2 (late) 1sts for their captain. Not likely.

See of course they would. Even you backed off your original statement a bit there.

Either way, Toronto has a ton of terrible contracts and a team that is going nowhere, worst case scenerio Bryz doesn't pan out and they are stuck the same way they are right now, best case scenerio, he plays like someone worthy of that contract.

And even Bryz as he was last year is better than Toronto's current goaltending.

If Burke doesn't want to ante-up for Luongo, he is free to go elsewhere and get what he pays for...

Not sure he could pass on Bryz if Philly snatched Luongo out from under him. There are a lot of Leafs fans sewing the L U O onto their jerseys... Bryz would be a necessary consolation veteran.

I think Philly would definitely consider a pair of deals that wind up being:

Luongo, Edler and Kadri/Bozak

for

Bryzgalov, Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn.

They upgrade in goal, they upgrade their blueline, they downgrade from Couturier to a Leaf, and they give up one of their many young forwards - a right wing who would make this deal very hard for Vancouver to pass up.

I didn't edit my post. What I said was that it could work out for them, but it would be the gamble of all gambles that I doubt any GM would be "bold" enough to take.

Only way Philly gets rid of Bryz is by trading him to Columbus, and they'd probably have to take back Wisniewski in return and give Columbus a 1st round pick, as well. That could make them Philly buyers for Luongo.

Archived