[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

No.

No.

How many ways can a person say no?

Just awful.

Massive overpayment.

My lord, who wants the Leafs core?

Just no.

Six pieces, including a top ten goaltender, all star defenseman (far better than Phaneuf btw), another top 6/4 blueliner, two first rounders... OMG NO!

A vacancy and a floater/cherry picker coming back this way.

That's a hell of a lot to give up to get Reilly.

Dude. Put your hate for the Leafs aside for a minute and just imagine this atrocious proposal became true.

Kessel - 1st line sniper, capable of 35-50 goals (he would get 50 playing with the Sedins)

Phaneuf - One of the best hitters in this game and arguably a top ten D man

Kadri - Former top ten pick, still has potential

Rielly - Future top 2-4 offensive D man

We all know Burke isn't dumb enough to offer this package but MG would be an idiot to not accept this in less than a heartbeat.

Byfuglien's versatility is something very interesting, that's true.

But for our team (Since this was about King saying he would trade they 1 for 1) Edler is the better fit, we need mobile defensemen, which Byfuglien isn't IMO, he can be a PWF or a good D-man with size and a good shot but we need mobility, hockey sense from the back end and an all round good game from our top defender, all thing I believe Edler has more so than Buff.

I have no hate for Big Buff anymore I actually like him, but for this team I would rather have Edler.

Bryzgalov brings more to the team than Gomez is, if I had to take on of those two (Which I wouldn't want to) I would take Bryz easily, Gomez is a nightmare, even putting the dollars aside he brings nothing on the ice, he's small and brings no offense to compensate for it. Bryz can be a good goalie and he plays very well at times even last season his problem is that he is just extremely inconsistent.

Grabs only scored 30 I'm pretty sure?

1. I wasn't comparing them based on Circumstances, I was saying valuewise, Schneider = Kane. which he does.

2. I wouldn't Edler > Byfgulien, Byfuglien isn't a strong skater, is more inconsistent than Edler. I would accept that deal in a heartbeat and I'm sure WPG would too honestly. Byfuglien has a heavy shot, but is basicly Phaneuf 2.0 expect he is worse than Phaneuf IMO.

3. Really you wouldn't do that? There D is probably there most significant need, to be able to add another top 4 able D-man like Ballard would be huge, Raymond is a 2nd/3rd liner right now that can replace Ladd, has the potential to be just as good, and two 1sts is a huge thing.

Think about it this way when you are comparing what they bring on the ice, if you were offered that package for Burrows would you accept? I absoluetly love Burr but I sure would.

Ballard won't be a casualty of the lockout, he still has years remaining on a guaranteed contract, he will be on our team, and after that I would imagine ton's of team would be knocking on the door to get him at 2 Million or less. I would absolutely love to get this guy at anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5.

Archived