The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Burrows IS a 3rd liner. Kesler is the best 3C in the game and an average 2C. Yes I said it. I said it because it is my belief that the Canucks are missing a 2C. In the grand scheme of things, he can be considered a top 6 on most teams. So yes, there are 3 legitimate top 6 players on the Canucks; the rest are bottom 6.

The defense is laughable. no legitimate 1D, no legitimate 2D, though Edler comes close. It is comprised of performing 4Ds that collectively look good on regular season paper but blank out in the playoffs.

Outside of the Sedins, Kesler and Luongo, the Canucks have an excellent supporting cast and no legitimate threat. This is why they were "exposed for what they are"; a mediocre team with a great goaltender. Now let's get rid of that great goaltender.

1D, 2C, and known playoff grit and secondary scoring is what's needed. Not a goaltender change. I find this view extremely near sighted. As I said in a previous post, it's like saying Moby Dick is a great whale book.

Burrows IS a 3rd liner. Kesler is the best 3C in the game and an average 2C. Yes I said it. I said it because it is my belief that the Canucks are missing a 2C. In the grand scheme of things, he can be considered a top 6 on most teams. So yes, there are 3 legitimate top 6 players on the Canucks; the rest are bottom 6.

The defense is laughable. no legitimate 1D, no legitimate 2D, though Edler comes close. It is comprised of performing 4Ds that collectively look good on regular season paper but blank out in the playoffs.

Outside of the Sedins, Kesler and Luongo, the Canucks have an excellent supporting cast and no legitimate threat. This is why they were "exposed for what they are"; a mediocre team with a great goaltender. Now let's get rid of that great goaltender.

1D, 2C, and known playoff grit and secondary scoring is what's needed. Not a goaltender change. I find this view extremely near sighted. As I said in a previous post, it's like saying Moby Dick is a great whale book.

Grabner: 6'0", 185

Upshall: 6'0", 200

Those 15 pounds can be accounted for by the fact that Upshall's 4 years his senior - not that it's really important, anyway, as it relates to Grabner's game.

Talking about physicality, "hits" is a stat that is totally vague and cannot be looked at with any sort of reliability. I'm not saying that Grabner's physical, but even if Upshall has a load of hits to his stat line, think anyone's scared of him/looking over their shoulder in going to get the puck in the corner? Fat chance.

And why didn't you bring up the goals per game ratio? Grabner's 0.34 is over 50% higher than Upshall's 0.23. Why wouldn't he be able to crack the top 6? 54 goals in the last 2 years as a 23/24 year-old say hello. He's done his job.

Oh, and let's not forget that he was the NHL's fastest skater at the 2011 ASG. :bigblush:

Archived