The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Neither Bryzgalov nor Fleury looked particularly good in this years' playoffs.

But honestly, when it's a 7-0, 8-0 affair, is it really the goalie, or has the team simply quit after being down? My guess is that with this bunch, it's far more likely to be the latter.

Kassian is just another big strong forward with the mythical Milan Lucic potential card attached to him - what's your point?

Not sure what your expectations are out of trading Luongo, but if we're able to get a top-10 pick from 3 years ago, who's put up good numbers in the AHL, and who would definitely be much more highly regarded if he was on any other team but Toronto, that's a pretty big win, in my books.

I kinda like this rumored Kadri + Bozak deal.

With the uncertainty of how Kesler will perform after shoulder surgeory, and the lack of depth at center, this move gives us a guy in Bozak who can easily look solid in a 2nd or 3rd line role. I dont think he has peaked as a pro just yet, and could very well put up 50-60 points anually, given the right linemates, and really fills a need for the club right away. He's also known for being of strong character, and is a former colligate player, so I can see why Gillis would want him in the package. I actually think that Chris Higgins is a fair comparable to Bozaks skill set.

With Kadri comes some high end offensive potential. If obtained, I would be comfortable in saying he would immediatley be the best stick handler in the entire organization. This kid has some slick ars hands, and with some confidence could very well develop in to a Marty St.Louis type player. Though he isnt the biggest of players, which seems to worry some fans, when you look at our most recent draft picks and top prospects (Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce, etc), we should be just fine in the size department in the future, and could use some more skill as the time is nearing for the twins to hang em up, or possibly return to the SEL before they retire.

Id also be very interested to see a Wolves line of Kadri - Schroeder - Kassian.

#getrdone

Not sure what your expectations are out of trading Luongo, but if we're able to get a top-10 pick from 3 years ago, who's put up good numbers in the AHL, and who would definitely be much more highly regarded if he was on any other team but Toronto, that's a pretty big win, in my books.

I kinda like this rumored Kadri + Bozak deal.

With the uncertainty of how Kesler will perform after shoulder surgeory, and the lack of depth at center, this move gives us a guy in Bozak who can easily look solid in a 2nd or 3rd line role. I dont think he has peaked as a pro just yet, and could very well put up 50-60 points anually, given the right linemates, and really fills a need for the club right away. He's also known for being of strong character, and is a former colligate player, so I can see why Gillis would want him in the package. I actually think that Chris Higgins is a fair comparable to Bozaks skill set.

Not me. Colborne doesn't use his size to any advantage, and Kadri is far more offensively gifted.

Colborne's AHL stats: 165 GP (inc playoffs), 39 goals (.24/g), 97 points (.59/g)

Kadri's: 94 GP, 40 goals (.43/g), 106 points (1.13/g)

Just for comparison's sake, here's Schroeder's: 192 GP, 47 goals (.24/g), 107 points (.56/g)

We desperately need a center who has shown that he has the ability to produce as a top-6 player at the NHL level. I don't think Colborne (or Schroeder, for that matter) have shown that at all. Whereas Kadri most certainly has.

Kadri is just another small soft forward with the mythical good potential card attached to him. The Canucks dont need that kind of player, they need a good greasy big forward who can score and bust teeth when called upon. Red flags are up when Kadri came into camp with big body fat after going on the great Gary Roberts plan in the summer. There is a reason most leaf fans want him in a trade for Luongo, they know he is a bust.

Kassian is just another big strong forward with the mythical Milan Lucic potential card attached to him - what's your point?

Why would Bjugstad be a good fit for the Canucks if he can't even make it on a loser team like the Panthers? Same logic.

Besides, him "not making the team" could well have been strategic. Wait until he's a little more seasoned - and when the Leafs might have a realistic shot at the playoffs - to burn those ELC years.

Not me. Colborne doesn't use his size to any advantage, and Kadri is far more offensively gifted.

Colborne's AHL stats: 165 GP (inc playoffs), 39 goals (.24/g), 97 points (.59/g)

Kadri's: 94 GP, 40 goals (.43/g), 106 points (1.13/g)

Just for comparison's sake, here's Schroeder's: 192 GP, 47 goals (.24/g), 107 points (.56/g)

We desperately need a center who has shown that he has the ability to produce as a top-6 player at the NHL level. I don't think Colborne (or Schroeder, for that matter) have shown that at all. Whereas Kadri most certainly has.

Kadri is just another small soft forward with the mythical good potential card attached to him. The Canucks dont need that kind of player, they need a good greasy big forward who can score and bust teeth when called upon. Red flags are up when Kadri came into camp with big body fat after going on the great Gary Roberts plan in the summer. There is a reason most leaf fans want him in a trade for Luongo, they know he is a bust.

Archived