The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Your going to have to explain Corsi to me before you use it in an argument against me haha. :P

I just look at the way I see Raymond play, he has speed that helps but other than that he makes ton's of mistakes, doesn't block shots, isn't physical, loses battles, to me he is just lucky he gets unlimited chances to play with such good players, that's the only thing keeping him in the + category IMO.

But I think we both agree Booth gets too much criticism, for really no good reason.

Raymond had a tough year last year - that's true. His relative corsi numbers went from a +13.8 (in 2009/10, his 53 point season) and +17.5 two years ago (when Kesler won the Selke) to a -0.1 last year - I'm not a stats junky, and these numbers have to be looked at in the greater context (all kinds of factors influence relative corsi - offensive zone starts, quality of competition, who your linemates are, what defensive pairiings are on the ice when you play, etc) , but they aren't meaningless either. I think those numbers simply reflect that Raymond (and Kesler) are very good at generating puck possession, creating scoring opportunities and preventing scoring opportunities relative to their team-mates. The Sedins generally also enjoy very high relative corsi numbers, but they get a far greater percentage of offensive zone starts...Anyhow, blah, blah... if people think Kadri gets a rough ride in Toronto....Raymond imo was a very good hockey player for the most part before he broke his back.

I think theres this new thing being introduced, from what I've heard its called a draft..... I don't know why but they made up these rules where they give these bottom feeders first spot in line at the buffet. Im tired of being dead last in the buffet line, and we've been given a chance to cut in front of a little kid who always seems to get into the top 10 somehow, and all we have to do is trade him our old dinner that we don't even want anymore for some fresh new food. Sounds good to me.... bro

Of course of course, by all means! So what do you think.... Maybe if we throw in 5 first rounders with Luongo.... Giroux will be available? Lets phone up Pittsburgh, try to convince them Crosby will never be the same, and that the Fleury they saw in the playoffs is permanent, then we could get both for Luongo.... With Hillers health problems, maybe we could dump Luongo to anaheim for Bobby Ryan straight up? And Getzlaf is a joke, the guys on the decline every year and soon to be like Gomez we could probably get him as a throw in.

Any other suggestions?

Hey canucks_hockey_101, back on topic...... If you want the Canucks to pull off a Rick Nash type move, I think we need A Rick Nash player to trade in the first place don't you?

I don't completely agree with King of ES, that would be absurd, but Luongo's value is lower than it could because of age/contract etc (just not as low as he thinks....which is next to nothing)

If you want a move like that, be prepared to move Kassian, Gaunce, Schroeder, and Lack all at the same time, which I don't think the Canucks are willing to do for one player. Or if you meant you wanted to go the other way and get the same return for Rick Nash that Columbus got, than get ready to trade the Sedins, because Luongo isn't bringing that return.

Different situations, Kadri's would be more comparable to Hodgson's when he was here, although I think Kadri has gone through more politics.

Either way this is fairly meaningless at this point.

What would u like in terms of prospects and what wouldn't you like? Kind of do a similar to thing to what I did:

I'd like to hear what you want, don't mind, and don't want.

Well first off the Stats (that you love so much), and then way they are currently playing.

Kassian has 12 Points in 18 Games and he has been on the Wolves top line alot of the time, or else if not on the 2nd line. He has been a physical presence, he fights, hits and uses his size well to create chances.

Colbourne Has 6 Points in 18 Games. tonight he was on the 3rd line. He has had sometime on the 2nd. From what myself and other's have seen we all seems to say the same thing, he doesn't use his size well, doesn't create offense.

Kassian > Colbourne.

By the time hockey resumes, which looks to be next season, by the time the trade deadline comes, some high profile players will be available, like every trade deadline.

Both Burke and Gillis have shot down Luongo rumors haven't they? Let's look at other teams instead of rehashing TOR and FLA.

The reason there are no other markets competing for Luongo's rights is the stalemate situation between the NHLPA and the NHL.

By the time hockey resumes, which looks to be next season, by the time the trade deadline comes, some high profile players will be available, like every trade deadline.

Both Burke and Gillis have shot down Luongo rumors haven't they? Let's look at other teams instead of rehashing TOR and FLA.

The reason there are no other markets competing for Luongo's rights is the stalemate situation between the NHLPA and the NHL.

"It shows how high the perceived value of Luongo is" from a biased Canuck fan's perspective, yes. My value is based on the external factors that are driving the deal, not how good Luongo is as a goaltender. Few buyers, age, length of term, NMC, etc., these are what's driving the deal.

That's not what I said. Maybe you should try reading a little slower, as you seem to have regular difficulties with comprehension.

Ashton and Schroeder are both 2009 1st round picks. Schroeder #22, Ashton #29. Neither has established themselves as an NHL player. These guys are not comparable? Explain that one to me. Would Schroeder be a top-six C on most teams on the league, already, except that he was cursed to have been drafted by the almighty Vancouver Canucks? Is that what it is?

Archived