The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

To be frank, there's no better fit for Lu than the Vancouver Canucks. Next best fit would be the Chicago Blackhawks. Is Florida really a contender, if they were to get Luongo? Not in my opinion. Toronto? Probably not.

And OK, you think that the trade deadline is the magical time where someone will pay a pretty penny for Lu's services. That would have to be a first, as I don't recall many 10-year contracts being exchanged at that time.

Here's some line up projections based on us getting Bozak/Kadri:

Sedin – Sedin – Burrows

Booth – Kesler – Hansen

Higgins – Bozak – Kassian

Malholtra – Lapierre –Weise

Schroeder

Hamhuis – Bieksa

Garrison – Edler

Ballard – Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Lack

With Kesler out:

Sedin – Sedin – Burrows

Booth – Bozak – Hansen

Higgins – Kadri – Kassian

Malholtra – Lapierre – Weise

Schroeder

Hamhuis – Bieksa

Garrison – Edler

Ballard – Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Lack

I have Schroeder as our 13th forward because he's honestly outplayed Ebbett in the minors. I'm not sure where Kesler is with his injury, I know it's more than just a shoulder thing now but a wrist issue as well. Regardless Bozak as a 3rd line centre would bolster our offensive depth. I can just imagine Higgins - Bozak - Kassian tearing apart 3rd pairing defensemen.

To be frank, there's no better fit for Lu than the Vancouver Canucks. Next best fit would be the Chicago Blackhawks. Is Florida really a contender, if they were to get Luongo? Not in my opinion. Toronto? Probably not.

And OK, you think that the trade deadline is the magical time where someone will pay a pretty penny for Lu's services. That would have to be a first, as I don't recall many 10-year contracts being exchanged at that time.

haha... i like how everybody forgets Raymond... I dont think Kadri will crack either roster this season, unless he develops some sick chemistry on the 2nd line... but the kid is soley a top 6 forward, and the Canucks have enough bodies who can be trusted moreso with so little room for error in a shortened season.

When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond/Higgins

Raymond/Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Kassian

Weise

Pinnizotto

But we all know how AV interchanges parts, and its a pretty versatile lineup... So the lineup is anyones guess.

Kessel signing and drafting record aside, Burkie does win most trades he makes.

Bozak (mediocre 3rd line 1/2 season rental) and Kadri (Schroeder equivalent, maybe better by a hair) would be a brutal trade for us. Buds get an all star goalie and we get... almost nothing, for I can't see either of these guys being a permanent fixture in any AV lineup when Kesler gets back.

This being a decent draft year with a lot of high end forwards, a 1st rounder coming our way as part of this or any Lou trade would be somewhat palatable.

Agreed. This is what the Canucks roster should look like. Good looking lineup if the rumour is true. Bozak is a local kid who is good defensively, has some offensive potential, and is young. A good centreman who can move up and down in the lineup.

I am still hoping Gillis is working some magic for a blue chip player/prospect in a bigger trade. The Canucks have a lot of good players but they need another all star.

Kessel signing and drafting record aside, Burkie does win most trades he makes.

Bozak (mediocre 3rd line 1/2 season rental) and Kadri (Schroeder equivalent, maybe better by a hair) would be a brutal trade for us. Buds get an all star goalie and we get... almost nothing, for I can't see either of these guys being a permanent fixture in any AV lineup when Kesler gets back.

This being a decent draft year with a lot of high end forwards, a 1st rounder coming our way as part of this or any Lou trade would be somewhat palatable.

If it was Bozak and Kadri involved in the deal, I would imagine Schroeder would be going the other way. We would have our 3rd line center and Kadri is better than Schroeder.

Luongo

Schroeder

Connauton

For

Bozak

Gardiner

Kadri

We get our third line center for this season, and future depth at center, as well as a depth defenceman.

The Leafs get their number 1 goalie, and a likely playoff birth. They also get a replacement for Kadri on their depth chart, and a solid defensive prospect to replace Gardiner.

If it was Bozak and Kadri involved in the deal, I would imagine Schroeder would be going the other way. We would have our 3rd line center and Kadri is better than Schroeder.

Luongo

Schroeder

Connauton

For

Bozak

Gardiner

Kadri

We get our third line center for this season, and future depth at center, as well as a depth defenceman.

The Leafs get their number 1 goalie, and a likely playoff birth. They also get a replacement for Kadri on their depth chart, and a solid defensive prospect to replace Gardiner.

Archived