The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

You're picking and choosing players to support your very weak arguement.

Are the Sedins in decline? Maybe, maybe not.

Will it happen? Of Course.

Will it happen soon? Most players are on the decline of their careers in their mid 30s. The Sedins are 32 going on 33. If they are not on the decline it will happen within the next two or three seasons.

You're oblivious to the point - the point being that virtually every player's production fluctuates from one year to another at some point in their career - and one year of variance like that is not enough to indicate a decline. It doesn't matter which player you choose to evidence the point - there are literally so many.

Next time perhaps you should read the conversation instead of jumping in and cherry picking.

Your question - "are they in decline, maybe maybe not" - qualifies my point.

Do i need to remind the Kadri lovers here he spent the off season at the great Roberts camp then showed up at the Marlies camp fat and out of shape. Eakins said he was almost at the bottom of all the players for body fat content. Of couse he would look good in a trade for Luongo..if you are a leaf fan. Toronto can keep him and Bozak as well.

In reality I don't want anything Burke has attempted to develop or any regulars he tends to ice. The regulars only know how to lose, would not work in a Vigneault system as Toronto forwards don't tend to back check. Realistically I would want something untampered from Toronto, be that Tyler Biggs or a draft pick but I'd rather stay away from guys like Bozak and Kulemin. I'm sure some people on here must still remember the Wellwood saga. Kadri is Wellwood 2.0. Unfit for Marlies camp how would he manage here?

Just to quickly address the first part of your post I didn't quote.

I dont think there are many other teams that are a good fit for this (Luongo) trade other than Toronto or Florida myself.

I think most can agree on the needs of the team, and I am sure MG is going to be able to fill them with the best deal available:

1x top 6 forward

The top 6 forward is hardest to fill, especially since we ideally need a big/tough/playmaking guy to complement our existing core.

In reality I don't want anything Burke has attempted to develop or any regulars he tends to ice. The regulars only know how to lose, would not work in a Vigneault system as Toronto forwards don't tend to back check. Realistically I would want something untampered from Toronto, be that Tyler Biggs or a draft pick but I'd rather stay away from guys like Bozak and Kulemin. I'm sure some people on here must still remember the Wellwood saga. Kadri is Wellwood 2.0. Unfit for Marlies camp how would he manage here?

Once the season gets underway I think Garrison will be viewed as the best value signing of the summer. A lot of the various hockey pool magazines prediction Jason to score in the low to mid 30 point range. I think Garrison will be good for 15 goals and 25 assists, the big difference is a much better power play than he's use to.

This thread is hilarious I'm going to laugh so hard at everyone debating about the Laffs fragile core if MG doesn't even deal him to the Laffs.

I'm going to say that if we do deal Luongo with the Laffs you're seeing this coming back AT LEAST...

Colborne + Kulemin +

Colborne + Grabo +

Colborne + Carter + 1st

Kadri + Kulemin +

Kadri + Grabo +

Kadri + Carter + 1st

Gardiner + 1st + Cap dump.

That's all.

Schneider's value is going nowhere but up.

Luongo's value is steady - perennial top 10 guy.

You've been whining for a hundred pages that Gillis blew it, should have moved Schneider, waited too long, fighting for table scraps now for Luongo, waivers, blah blah etc.

But what you say about the guy you claim he should have kept -

"He's now 33, has a shaky reputation, and is coming off of a so-so year on the President's Trophy team. If you think this is the same guy that arrived in 2006, you are dreaming."

Why keep him then, king of contradictions?

Archived