The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Lu 100% wants to go to Florida but Florida is using this trying to not trade us back anything of significance. The Oilers are making a hard play for him. They know they can't keep all their young stars. They are dangling Gagner since he's dad works for the organization and they are trying to use that. Gillis is intrigued enough that he's made a counter proposal which includes one of the young stars but don't think the Oilers will bite. He'll end up in Toronto. Burke will make the best offer since he know's the Leafs haven't made the playoffs in 8 years and Lu will get them there.

Lu 100% wants to go to Florida but Florida is using this trying to not trade us back anything of significance. The Oilers are making a hard play for him. They know they can't keep all their young stars. They are dangling Gagner since he's dad works for the organization and they are trying to use that. Gillis is intrigued enough that he's made a counter proposal which includes one of the young stars but don't think the Oilers will bite. He'll end up in Toronto. Burke will make the best offer since he know's the Leafs haven't made the playoffs in 8 years and Lu will get them there.

This thread is hilarious I'm going to laugh so hard at everyone debating about the Laffs fragile core if MG doesn't even deal him to the Laffs.

I'm going to say that if we do deal Luongo with the Laffs you're seeing this coming back AT LEAST...

Colborne + Kulemin +

Colborne + Grabo +

Colborne + Carter + 1st

Kadri + Kulemin +

Kadri + Grabo +

Kadri + Carter + 1st

Gardiner + 1st + Cap dump.

That's all.

No chance of the Gardiner deal, 0 chance.

- Burke doesn't wanna give up the first, so the Colbourne/Kadri + Ashton + 1st Deal's would be more like: Kadri/Colbourne + Ashton + 2nd.

- If Grabo is the roster player we get, there won't be an extra +, it will just be Grabo and one other thing.

- I don't really think they wanna give up Kulemin all that much either, but ditto probably goes above, if we do get 2 extra things, it will be a Colbourne/Kadri/Ashton type thing and probably a 2nd or 3rd.

Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Edmonton, Columbus, San Jose, Washington, Ottawa to name a few.

I think people are underestimating how quickly a teams situation can change. If Luongo does end up starting the season with the Canucks there are numerous scenarios that can take place over a relatively short period of time.

What if Braden Holtby absolutely tanks Steve Mason style? What if Anders Lindback is nowhere near ready to be an nhl starter? What if Brodeur has a freak injury pretty much assuring he will not return? What if the Islanders bury DiPietro in the minors or buy him out? What if Columbus is better than expected and gives us an offer we absolutely can't refuse so they can make a playoff push? What if San Jose simply decides to go in a different direction instead of Niemi?

Don't reiterate that crap about "well Luongo won't waive his no trade clause to go there....." If we're testing Luongo's pride vs Mike Gillis' patience I put my money on Mike Gillis' patience everytime. I can see Luongo waving his no trade clause even for a place like Long Island or Columbus if it meant he was the number 1 guaranteed starter ( and assuming they had a decent chance at the playoffs at the time Luongo was to be traded)

Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Edmonton, Columbus, San Jose, Washington, Ottawa to name a few.

I think people are underestimating how quickly a teams situation can change. If Luongo does end up starting the season with the Canucks there are numerous scenarios that can take place over a relatively short period of time.

What if Braden Holtby absolutely tanks Steve Mason style? What if Anders Lindback is nowhere near ready to be an nhl starter? What if Brodeur has a freak injury pretty much assuring he will not return? What if the Islanders bury DiPietro in the minors or buy him out? What if Columbus is better than expected and gives us an offer we absolutely can't refuse so they can make a playoff push? What if San Jose simply decides to go in a different direction instead of Niemi?

Don't reiterate that crap about "well Luongo won't waive his no trade clause to go there....." If we're testing Luongo's pride vs Mike Gillis' patience I put my money on Mike Gillis' patience everytime. I can see Luongo waving his no trade clause even for a place like Long Island or Columbus if it meant he was the number 1 guaranteed starter ( and assuming they had a decent chance at the playoffs at the time Luongo was to be traded)

Those people who think he will waive his NTC to go to Columbus have no clue what they are talking about.

Yes he made those comments but that was more directed at the notion that he wouldn't go to Toronto.

He earned his NTC, and why would he want to waive it to go to Columbus, think about it? He would rather stay here then go there.

Archived