3002 replies to this topic

#1021 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

...Furthermore, Schneider will get a chance to be number 1 just as Roberto will. If Roberto is the better goalie he will continue to be the number 1 goalie on the Canucks.

Sorry, but that already played out, and Roberto lost. Perhaps you missed the 2011-12 season?

Edited by D-Money, 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

#1022 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

NEWS ALERT!
Roberto will be stayin with the Canucks for another 'season' because there won't be a season! Sorry!

Sorry I missed the news conference, Google did not yield any results for NHL cancels 2012/13 season, Link??

Sorry, but that already played out, and Roberto lost. Perhaps you missed the 2011-12 season?

Roberto lost because he got pulled in the playoffs? If they are on the same team and Roberto outplays Schneider then Roberto will be the number 1. That's how things work.

Didn't Tim Thomas get relegated to backup a year before he came back to with the Cup while putting on a performance for the ages?

#1023 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

:lol:

I guess your definition of "logic" and/or "reasoning" are the guys on here who expect to receive Yakupov, or Purcell/Aulie/1st for Luongo. Right? That sound pretty logical, to you?

What about the guy who says that Dion Phaneuf is our 5th defenceman? A very factual statement, in your eyes?

Again, no one ever said we would get either of those.

And again, no one said he was a 5th defensemen due to skill, it's merely an issue of sides.

And just to help you out, Logic and reasoning is backing up your statements, taking into account what the other poster is saying, look at both view points. Instead of pushing your stupid opinions forward with no back-up. Like you do.

Also to other's, the reason I'm still talking about it is because the discussion is actually kind of fun, and there's really nothing else to talk about hockey wise.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 13 November 2012 - 04:54 PM.

zackass.png

#1024 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,463 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Also to other's, the reason I'm still talking about it is because the discussion is actually kind of fun, and there's really nothing else to talk about hockey wise.

Repeating yourself over and over again on the same topic to the same poster(s) may be fun for you, but for the rest of us who like to have a reasonable discussion around rumours and other factors that could affect a trade, it makes the thread almost useless.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1025 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Repeating yourself over and over again on the same topic to the same poster(s) may be fun for you, but for the rest of us who like to have a reasonable discussion around rumours and other factors that could affect a trade, it makes the thread almost useless.

Yeah... good point.

zackass.png

#1026 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

And just to help you out, Logic and reasoning is backing up your statements, taking into account what the other poster is saying, look at both view points. Instead of pushing your stupid opinions forward with no back-up. Like you do.

Please. All of my stuff is backed-up perfectly fine with stats or logic. Aren't you the guy that said that Dan Hamhuis "puts up as many points as Phaneuf" - except that he never has, once?

Regarding Edmonton "stealing" Luongo from us for Paajarvi, again, I ask if you'd trade Kassian for Lecavalier. Would you do it? Really not much different.

#1027 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,430 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Seriously, I hope you're kidding. He would very clearly be our #1 d-man. He'd get more points and be far more physical than anyone we've got.

Some of the things read on this site are just incredible.

He would also lead the team in stupid bonehead plays and goals given up.

Edited by Dogbyte, 13 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#1028 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

You're mistaken.

Ah, so I was sir, so I was.

However on another note I am excited to see who the next player will be on the list of guys to good for Luongo to fetch us, or better then our team in general.

Posted Image

#1029 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Please. All of my stuff is backed-up perfectly fine with stats or logic. Aren't you the guy that said that Dan Hamhuis "puts up as many points as Phaneuf" - except that he never has, once?

Regarding Edmonton "stealing" Luongo from us for Paajarvi, again, I ask if you'd trade Kassian for Lecavalier. Would you do it? Really not much different.

Its amazing how people choose to waste their time arguing with you. No, Kassian for Lecavalier is not the same as Luongo for Paajarvi. One is an elite goalie for a prospect that is not living up to his top 10 pick, the other is a promising, young power forward for a center with a much worse contract than Luongo's. And no I would never do that trade.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1030 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Its amazing how people choose to waste their time arguing with you. No, Kassian for Lecavalier is not the same as Luongo for Paajarvi. One is an elite goalie for a prospect that is not living up to his top 10 pick, the other is a promising, young power forward for a center with a much worse contract than Luongo's. And no I would never do that trade.

Paajarvi was picked 10th overall, Kassian 13th. Both in 2009.

NHL Stats:
--Paajarvi: 121 GP, 17 G, 42 P
--Kassian: 44 GP, 4 G, 10 P

Interesting that one's not living up to his pick, and the other is "a promising, young power forward".

Do you see the problem here?

#1031 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hey, and also just out of curiosity. If the Canucks and our players are so bad then why did we manage to win the presidents trophy 2 years in a row? ( including a trip to the finals in one year. )
Meanwhile all these other players who you claim great like dubnyk mps and phaneuf were all a part of teams who were out of the playoffs for good portions on the season...

Edited by SonGoku23, 13 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

#1032 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,463 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sensible people understand those trades are not alike at all, and it only gets worse if you add Ballard unless cap is a significant issue. Sensible people also realize King isn't going to change his mind no matter how many facts and reasonable statements are presented, so there should be a point we just all ignore his posts.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1033 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sensible people understand those trades are not alike at all, and it only gets worse if you add Ballard unless cap is a significant issue. Sensible people also realize King isn't going to change his mind no matter how many facts and reasonable statements are presented, so there should be a point we just all ignore his posts.

Yep. Couldn't have said it better myself.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#1034 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,430 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

So Phaneuf sucks because the team that he's on sucks - is that what you're saying?

This was a dominant player on the Calgary Flames from the day that he started his NHL career, and who was inexplicably traded to Toronto. In what direction have the Flames gone in since that trade? Right. They were slumping, Sutter panicked, and made an awful, franchise-killing move. They should've been a contender that year. And they've been a total mess since that very day.

Not Dion's fault that he was traded to an inept team.

Dion was traded because his defence got so lowsy they were afraid to play him. I live in Calgary and have watched him play his agonizingly weak brand of hockey too many times. All he does is sit around looking for an opportunity to catch someone unaware and light then up. I was lucky to witness one his greatest moments when he made the worst pinch I've ever seen in my life. Tie game, double overtime of an elimination playoff game with about 1 minute left. They have the puck in Detroit's end when it comes along the boards, Dion goes for the puck when it is clear as day the other guys going to get it. So it gets poked by him, he doesn't even stop the guy, and then doesn't even bother chasing him. Game, set, series, goodnight. Trade mode.

You just don't want guys that poor defensively on your team. You can hide a couple here or there but we already have Bieksa and Edler. Adding another defensively incapable player couldn't be a good plan.

#1035 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't post on this board much. The main reason?

People Like King of E(verything) S(tupid). Can you people not see that his opinion means everything to him. There is no logic, no reasoning, no material fact that can't be twisted to suit his all important opinion.

His insecurity leaps off the page and clouds any potential for rational judgement or reasoning.

He can't be objective. There is no perspective except his own. It's not possible. Please stop feeding his insecurity and let the professionals do their job. Maybe then these posts won't get hijacked into the world according to King of E(go) S(entric). Man I'm tired of the drivel.

PS: I know sentric is spelled centric. (Thanks King)

Thank you

I swear if I could plus this over and over my f5 would have the writing smeared off by now
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#1036 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,430 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Phaneuf is easily a Top 15 dman in the league. He just catches a lot of flack around here because he's played for the Flames and Leafs.

:picard: Surely you can name at least 20 men you would rather have than Pheneuf. He gets points but his defensive skill and overall hockey IQ are shockingly poor.

Daughty
Weber
Chara
Suter
Pietroangelo
Letang
Karlsson
Keith
Seabrook
Campbell
Boyle
Yandle
Kronwell
Subban
Byuflien
Timmonen
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Alzner
Carlson
Enstrom
Hamhuis

#1037 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I never remember saying that, I said Hamhuis is better, more important, and that Phaneuf wouldn't get the same +/- in Hamhuis's spot but I never said that, You should find where I said that instead of making stuff up maybe.

And actually your stuff isn't backed up all that well most times, not nearly as well as mine since I keep finding holes in your "back-up"

Those two aren't the same at all, Lecavalier isn't a star player, let alone sure fire top 6 Forward, plus he isn't worthy of his cap hit.

Luongo is a star goalie, has the stats and resume to back it up, and his 5.2 cap hit is actually really good.

I don't see the comparison at all, but I guess like most things you didn't put any thought into it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 13 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

zackass.png

#1038 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

I cannot believe you people are still discussing this.

Dude, I watched basketball today. THAT'S why we're talking about this.

Paajarvi was picked 10th overall, Kassian 13th. Both in 2009.

NHL Stats:
--Paajarvi: 121 GP, 17 G, 42 P
--Kassian: 44 GP, 4 G, 10 P

Interesting that one's not living up to his pick, and the other is "a promising, young power forward".

Do you see the problem here?

They are extremely different players, and neither has panned out early.

Paajarvi has been given way more chance to play top 6 minutes, and has had serious pointless streaks that got him sent down to OKC in favor of guys like Omark and Hartikainen. He reminds me of a Hansen type player, and unless he has a learning cure, then he won't have lived up to his billing.

Kassian is hopefully a power forward type player, and as usual with that type, is expected to take longer to develop. Neither prospect is a sure thing, but Kassian hasn't been given steady time in the NHL to get comfortable and show his stuff like Magnus has.

At this point, I have higher hopes for Kassian to reach his ceiling than I do for Paajarvi, and this comes from someone who watches a lot of games from both teams.

Really a better comparison to Luongo for Paajarvi is Luongo for Kassian. Buffalo would have (had they not had Miller) taken that deal in the time it take a hummingbird to sneeze and called home to talk about it. It's not even in the realm of realistic, in fact, it's laughable to even propose. I am not sure how many Oilers games you have personally watched, but having followed them since I moved here in 2004, I know that is a goofy deal.

Edited by WiDeN, 13 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1039 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

:picard: Surely you can name at least 20 men you would rather have than Pheneuf. He gets points but his defensive skill and overall hockey IQ are shockingly poor.

Daughty
Weber
Chara
Suter
Pietroangelo
Letang
Karlsson
Keith
Seabrook
Campbell
Boyle
Yandle
Kronwell
Subban
Byuflien
Timmonen
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Alzner
Carlson
Enstrom
Hamhuis

You sir are a refreshing voice of reason on an otherwise bleak thread

edit: no disrespect to other posters, i just found this post to be very concrete and honestly...u can't argue with the reasoning here.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 13 November 2012 - 09:49 PM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#1040 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Dude, I watched basketball today. THAT'S why we're talking about this.

Lol I feel bad for you.

I know we are in tough times with no hockey but I still can't stand watching Basketball, even if it is the only thing on.

zackass.png

#1041 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Lol I feel bad for you.

I know we are in tough times with no hockey but I still can't stand watching Basketball, even if it is the only thing on.

Basketball is my 2nd favourite sport, so it helps fill the void a little bit.

#1042 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

basketball? uuuuuuug!!!

#1043 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Oh. No Offense then.

But it's not for me. I lose interest watching the NBA finals let alone regular season games.

zackass.png

#1044 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

I would watch my second favourite sport but it's never on TV.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1045 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I would watch my second favourite sport but it's never on TV.

You need the "platinum pkg" to see that. lol

#1046 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

I actually love watching Rugby. It has a similar level of physicality to hockey, and also has the same continuous feel. I wish that north america had a similar league to the MLS for rugby. I think it's more exciting than football mostly because football stops so damn much.
Basketball has the same continuous feel, and I like watching the flow of the game, but big plays are no where near as exciting as hockey, and there's no hitting. Full contact basketball would be some badazz schitte.

Posted Image

#1047 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

You sir are a refreshing voice of reason on an otherwise bleak thread

edit: no disrespect to other posters, i just found this post to be very concrete and honestly...u can't argue with the reasoning here.

There is no reasoning in that post. That's why there's nothing to argue.

#1048 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well lets see the list you come up with good sir.

Posted Image

#1049 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

If not 20, the surely you could come up with a shorter list of names you'd rather have over Phaneuf.

Posted Image

#1050 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

If not 20, the surely you could come up with a shorter list of names you'd rather have over Phaneuf.

Give him a few minutes (Gotta look up the NHL13 overalls for Dmen.)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.