The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Well if you actually watched the Canucks play, you'd have realized Lu was amazing down the stretch, starting 29 of the teams last 45 games and in a 2 month span he was 10-1-3 while the Canucks offense was a non-factor. I think Lu is the one that needs to be traded but to dismiss his level of play shows your loyalty and knowledge.

Gotta love Vancouver's brutal bandwagon fanbase.

I share his opinon, Lu is a significant upgrade on Dubnyk and people in the hockey world who knows whats going on would probably share that view.

Now I argued with you about this on those pages, and I made some great points, which you didn't counter with any points of your own, in fact you didn't even reply to the last one, I assume because you realized that I was right.

Now can you explain why you think Lu isn't a better option, because from arguing with you before I realized you are very biased against Luongo.

Which right away throws your opinion with your apparent "43 years" of goaltending experience out the window, because it is unfair due to the bias.

You obviously don't watch the games so why make stupid comments based on something you know nothing about? I myself have felt that Lou has been shaky in the past and downright awful at times but last year he got his game back and was undoubtedly one of the best if not the best player on the team. Get your head our of your arse.

Actually just watch them play and use your brain. Luongo is obviously the far better option despite what a couple of numbers might tell you. His winning percentage is far higher which should tell you that he wins games, which Dubnyk isn't doing with any consistency. What's next, Wellwood is better than Hernik?

They play for teams at opposite ends of team spectrum dog breath ! Ask yourself...what numbers would Dubnyk post on the Canucks and what numbers would Lou post playing or the botton feeder Oilers. No comparison on the 2 teams at all...

Wow king...wow, just wow. Vancouver would be LUCKY to get Paajarvi for not only Luongo but Ballard as well?? And that still wouldn't be enough for Magnus freaking Paajarvi?!!?!!? You just brought yourself down to a whole new level of dumb :picard:

The 2011-12 team was arguably not as good as the 2010-11 team and we still won and we still won another Presidents Trophy. Also due to the fact that Luongo is miles better than Dubnyk (you'd be stupid to argue this). If you put Luongo and a couple solid D men on the Oilers they would be getting into the playoffs/winning Presidents Trophy's too.

And dog breath? That's an insult you came up with? Thats a sad attempt at one smurf...

It's not opinion, it's clear to anyone who can read that you are biased against him. And don't try to act like your not.

And no Dubnyk is and NHL Calibre goaltender, Luongo is a star goalie, a proven starter and star, and Dubnyk is niether.

And of course since the facts back up my point you say they a skewed.

and I'm not sure what other view there are? only 2. Either you think he is a star goalie (Me) or you don't think he is as good as people think (You) and the stats seem to back me up a bit more.

Now as I asked before, can you explain why you think Luongo isn't a better option for Edmonton than Dubnyk?

You've got it wrong again. I'm not suggesting that the Canucks will get Paajarvi; I'm suggesting that they'd be lucky to.

This most recent argument stems from the fact that you're aghast at the gall of me suggesting that the Canucks would accept "just" Paajarvi, while simultaneously targeting Nick Bjugstad and some other "big, mean D", which is strange, since Paajarvi's produced at both the AHL and the NHL level, while Bjugstad's a complete gamble at this point, playing against a bunch of stoners in the NCAA. You talk about contradictions, this is the greatest of them all.

This is funny.

This is the same guy going on and on about Michael Frolik, and how guys like he and MPS have "fallen off the charts" on their respective teams. Scottie Upshall had 2 goals last year as a member of the Florida Panthers, in 26 games played (on pace for about 6). Scottie Upshall has played on 4 different teams since 2008. His career high in point totals is 34 - which MPS reached in 2010-11 as a 19 year-old rookie! Yet you want to commit $10.5M of cap space to this guy, over 3 years, who really has no offensive upside (unlike Frolik - who has scored 20 goals twice - or Paajarvi), and who will surely be relegated to our bottom six?

Of all of the supposed contradictions that you claim that I make (BS), care to explain this one to me? You want Scottie Upshall, yet you're appalled by the suggestion of Michael Frolik or Magnus Paajarvi.

Talk about desparation and hockey withdrawl. There is no season yet, no hockey trades and everything in on hold, and yet this thread goes on adnauseum. Go out and play golf, get a life ! Wait and see where Lou goes . This all speculative and without substance, opinions upon opinions, without verification , and none of it matters. Its like pissing into the wind !

Archived