3002 replies to this topic

#1591 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

And I didn;t say he wasn;t an improvement, if at all and certainly in no uncertain terms is he a "massive" upgrade ! All you know is what you hear, with no goaltending knowledge whatsoever. You are entitled to your opinion but don;t diss those who know more than you about this one specific topic...goaltending. At 16 where would you have had the time, or opportunity to learn?

I don't know man I think Luongo is a pretty big upgrade on Dubnyk aswell.

zackass.png

#1592 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

I don't know man I think Luongo is a pretty big upgrade on Dubnyk aswell.

an opinion based on what? Do tell? Dubnyk was a first round pick which gives him credibility, 14th overall, which is a number arrived at by MANY hockey scouts, His numbers were not much worse than Lou's last year playing for the bottom feeding Oilers. Put Dubnyk behind the Canucks defense and see what happens, and see how Lou would fair on the Oilers. Dubnyk does need a bit more seasoning but is a big, technical goaltender. Give him a good team in front of him and watch him shine, I 've watched Dubnyk and see a ton of potential, and I look at it from a Coaches point of view, not a TV watcher who is NOT a goalie.

#1593 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

an opinion based on what? Do tell? Dubnyk was a first round pick which gives him credibility, 14th overall, which is a number arrived at by MANY hockey scouts, His numbers were not much worse than Lou's last year playing for the bottom feeding Oilers. Put Dubnyk behind the Canucks defense and see what happens, and see how Lou would fair on the Oilers. Dubnyk does need a bit more seasoning but is a big, technical goaltender. Give him a good team in front of him and watch him shine, I 've watched Dubnyk and see a ton of potential, and I look at it from a Coaches point of view, not a TV watcher who is NOT a goalie.

Lu was a 1st Round pick too, 4th Overall, that's 10 spots higher, does that mean Lu is 10 times better? :lol: Come on dude Draft position holds very little merrit, Al Montoya was picked in the top 10 before Dubnyk and Schneider. Who's the worst out of those 3? Draft position means nothing.

I agree Dubnyk has potential but he isn't at Lu's level yet, he just doesn't have the ability to carry a team the way Luongo does, there were times when we played worse than Edmonton last season and we won strictly cause of Goaltending. Dubnyk is good, but if you put him in all the situation Lu has been in and succeded in no chance he would be the same.

I don't think Dubnyk will be as good as Lu ever really but I do agree there is some potential there.

And rather than bashing everyone and saying how much experiance you have why don't you actually tell me what your experiance is? Cause I watch alot of hockey too, so really me watching is no less credible than you watching.

zackass.png

#1594 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Lu was a 1st Round pick too, 4th Overall, that's 10 spots higher, does that mean Lu is 10 times better? :lol: Come on dude Draft position holds very little merrit, Al Montoya was picked in the top 10 before Dubnyk and Schneider. Who's the worst out of those 3? Draft position means nothing.

I agree Dubnyk has potential but he isn't at Lu's level yet, he just doesn't have the ability to carry a team the way Luongo does, there were times when we played worse than Edmonton last season and we won strictly cause of Goaltending. Dubnyk is good, but if you put him in all the situation Lu has been in and succeded in no chance he would be the same.

I don't think Dubnyk will be as good as Lu ever really but I do agree there is some potential there.

And rather than bashing everyone and saying how much experiance you have why don't you actually tell me what your experiance is? Cause I watch alot of hockey too, so really me watching is no less credible than you watching.

I love a good discussion about goaltending, but it irks me to be questioned by 16 yr old who have no goaltending experience or knowledge, As for my comparison of the two goalies, I was comparing last years play and results, and there was not much to choose in SP. Lou has had a great career, but last season was not one of his best. At this point, I don;t see him as much better. Dubnyk is younger, better technically , big, and has more upside than Lou at this point in time. As for me, I played junior A, played in Europe, have coached and tutored goaltenders over a span of 40 yrs and feel comfortable with my evaluations based on experience. Teams have goaltending coaches for a big reason and that is because no one understands the position and guess what, they are all ex goalies !! I don;t comment on many other topics because its not my area, and don;t profess to being able to compare Hamhuis to Ballard or whoever. People watch a goaltender get scored on, but most have no idea what transpired to cause the breakdown.

#1595 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

I love a good discussion about goaltending, but it irks me to be questioned by 16 yr old who have no goaltending experience or knowledge, As for my comparison of the two goalies, I was comparing last years play and results, and there was not much to choose in SP. Lou has had a great career, but last season was not one of his best. At this point, I don;t see him as much better. Dubnyk is younger, better technically , big, and has more upside than Lou at this point in time. As for me, I played junior A, played in Europe, have coached and tutored goaltenders over a span of 40 yrs and feel comfortable with my evaluations based on experience. Teams have goaltending coaches for a big reason and that is because no one understands the position and guess what, they are all ex goalies !! I don;t comment on many other topics because its not my area, and don;t profess to being able to compare Hamhuis to Ballard or whoever. People watch a goaltender get scored on, but most have no idea what transpired to cause the breakdown.

You can say that again, people just point fingers at the goalie, and it gets annoying.

You can say that Lu's last season was not his best, and it wasn't and you can say he wasn't good but look beyond the stats, and remember the countless times (namely in Feburary on) when he had great game after great game, made huge saves and kept us in games, I do expect you of all people to be able to identify those times with your years of experiance.

You saying Dubynk has more upside is kind of unfair, one goalie is 26 and the other is 33, not a fair comparison. Dubnyk is bigger but bigger isn't always better with goalies so that's not really as big of a factor like it is with players, also Lu is a pretty big guy in his own right.

IMO Luongo is is better at battling through screens and making saves through screens, I think he is better at making big saves, and alot of them, I think he has a better glove hand, and is better positionally.

some 16 year old's actually might know quite a bit about goaltending. think of those 16 year olds playing in the CHL, and high levels of hockey, and not to make this a personal pissing match & I do respect your opinion but I find it funny that you always pull out the 16 year old kid thing everytime someone makes a comment on goaltending.

zackass.png

#1596 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Like it or not, that's what his status is on the Vancouver Canucks.

I don't think this is a fair assessment of Luongo. He is an elite goaltender and is most likely going to rebound when play resumes. There is no reason to trade either goaltender right now and they're both going to play rather equal games. I don't think the Canucks would venture in disrespecting a player whose star factor rivals that of the best in the game.

Schneider can warm the bench as much if not more than Luongo and sit on his $4.000 MIL a yr salary. I'm pretty sure he won't be complaining.

Stop sounding so vindictive against one of the greatest athlete to suit up for a Vancouver franchise. It is not the Detroit way. Dominik Hasek won his first Cup at age 37 and for most of his tenure in Detroit, he had some very good competition going. Of course, Detroit had a 1D in Lidstrom and one of the greatest captain in history in Yzerman. But I guess Edler and Henrik will get to their status huh?

As I said; goaltending is the least of Vancouver's problem right now. Top notch defense, scoring and sandpaper grit are the problems.

Schneider for Campbell? I'm taking it.
Schneider for Phaneuf? I'm taking it.
Wait until Weber is again available? Definitely.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 25 November 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#1597 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Double Post

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 25 November 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#1598 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

simple. tell people where and who you coach (goalies) and allow us to see your amazing and faultless goaltending knowledge. calling out people because of age to determine hockey knowledge is a clown move and you and KOTES are seemingly the biggest clowns in this thread. Thats right, I said you guys are the biggest clowns in this thread. Noses held up high, fingers in your ears. Age means nothing as far as hockey sense goes, just as you don't have to be in your thirties to earn your black belt in BJJ (i have one) You with your uber-know-it-all goalie sense and everyone else is below you. please dude, just tell us where and when we can watch you coach the next roy and i'm sure the rink will be filled.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#1599 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

You can say that again, people just point fingers at the goalie, and it gets annoying.

You can say that Lu's last season was not his best, and it wasn't and you can say he wasn't good but look beyond the stats, and remember the countless times (namely in Feburary on) when he had great game after great game, made huge saves and kept us in games, I do expect you of all people to be able to identify those times with your years of experiance.

You saying Dubynk has more upside is kind of unfair, one goalie is 26 and the other is 33, not a fair comparison. Dubnyk is bigger but bigger isn't always better with goalies so that's not really as big of a factor like it is with players, also Lu is a pretty big guy in his own right.

IMO Luongo is is better at battling through screens and making saves through screens, I think he is better at making big saves, and alot of them, I think he has a better glove hand, and is better positionally.

some 16 year old's actually might know quite a bit about goaltending. think of those 16 year olds playing in the CHL, and high levels of hockey, and not to make this a personal pissing match & I do respect your opinion but I find it funny that you always pull out the 16 year old kid thing everytime someone makes a comment on goaltending.

Saying he has more upside at this point is what this discussion was about. Age is not the criteria, ability is. I'm sorry, teams crash the net on Lou because he does not seal the bottom of the net well, does not come up with loose pucks well and his flaws are causing him to be a streaky goalie(read inconsistant day to day) Lous glove is all about show, not that he has a bad glove, but" flashing the leather is grandstanding, and hes done that all his career . Lou is near the bottom of NHL in shootouts due mostly to his poor lateral movement and teams shoot from all angles because he is NOT in good position and square to puck, We disagree on all points, so, someones out to lunch !!

#1600 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

simple. tell people where and who you coach (goalies) and allow us to see your amazing and faultless goaltending knowledge. calling out people because of age to determine hockey knowledge is a clown move and you and KOTES are seemingly the biggest clowns in this thread. Thats right, I said you guys are the biggest clowns in this thread. Noses held up high, fingers in your ears. Age means nothing as far as hockey sense goes, just as you don't have to be in your thirties to earn your black belt in BJJ (i have one) You with your uber-know-it-all goalie sense and everyone else is below you. please dude, just tell us where and when we can watch you coach the next roy and i'm sure the rink will be filled.

another non goalie critic?

#1601 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Saying he has more upside at this point is what this discussion was about. Age is not the criteria, ability is. I'm sorry, teams crash the net on Lou because he does not seal the bottom of the net well, does not come up with loose pucks well and his flaws are causing him to be a streaky goalie(read inconsistant day to day) Lous glove is all about show, not that he has a bad glove, but" flashing the leather is grandstanding, and hes done that all his career . Lou is near the bottom of NHL in shootouts due mostly to his poor lateral movement and teams shoot from all angles because he is NOT in good position and square to puck, We disagree on all points, so, someones out to lunch !!

I disagree completely on the Shootouts, I think the reason is because he bites on dekes too often, not that he has bad laterial movement, I don't think his laterial movement is actually bad, I think it's better than Dubnyk's. and he does flash the glove but he makes nice glove saves too that are difficult one's, he is good at making glove saves through screen's, and he is good positionall although I do agree he has trouble sealing up the bottom of the net at times.

zackass.png

#1602 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Ah, the personal insults. Always the sign of a guy with a strong case.

You still have yet to tell me how it benefits the Vancouver Canucks to hang on to him, as it relates to his value increasing.

And sure, of course there's less value. If that 3rd liner with a bad contract can help the Canucks win today, it's probably a reasonable deal to take. Who are you alluding to, in the above paragraph? That's a far cry from some of the proposals that have been on here - Bozak, Biggs, and a 2nd, the most recent one.

The market for teams looking for goalies likely would not increase, so his value simply will not rise. The optics of acquiring a backup goaltender with a 10-year contract and simultaneously departing with some sort of "A" prospect, top-six player, or high pick, would not be very good.

He's giving Gillis the benefit of the doubt, but, make no mistake, we've seen diva Roberto come out in the past, and if he's still watching games from the bench and patting Schneider's head like a good teammate during the TV timeouts for very long, you've got to think that he'll quickly tire of it. A guy at his age would not want to accelerate his atrophy as a player, which sitting on the bench will obviously do.

And as you've ignored my question asking you to explain how his value will increase in 2013, I'll assume that you agree that it won't. Therefore, and for many other obvious reasons, it's in Vancouver's best interests to get this done ASAP.

Become a fan of the Brooklyn Islanders. They make a lot of trades based on rash decisions. It will satisfy you immensely. Leave my Canucks alone.

#1603 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,379 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

No, he's not another 'non goalie critic.' He's showing how much of an imbicle you and King can be by thinking only your opinions matter and everyone else's doesn't. You seriously base hockey knowledge on age? Pathetic man. Just pathetic.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1604 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

is that your answer Krusty?
you come step to me 'son'. I hold a black belt in BJJ and i will SHOW you that I do. Not an iternet goalie expert. You squawk about age meaning knowledge? the greats in MY profession reach black belt status as early as 22-28..... I'm 36. Does that mean i'm a slow starter or an imbicile? You should take everyones opinion as if it has merrit, not just yours and KOTES.....you might learn some thing.

edit 2: sorry... learn something? probably not since your 40 years of goalie coaching has u at the top, right?
and thanks for giving me insight as to where i may see you as a goalie coach, working his magic.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 25 November 2012 - 11:09 PM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#1605 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

I disagree completely on the Shootouts, I think the reason is because he bites on dekes too often, not that he has bad laterial movement, I don't think his laterial movement is actually bad, I think it's better than Dubnyk's. and he does flash the glove but he makes nice glove saves too that are difficult one's, he is good at making glove saves through screen's, and he is good positionall although I do agree he has trouble sealing up the bottom of the net at times.

When Lou slides laterall on his pad, hes effective, but when hes skating backwards on a one one and has to go laterally, he falls forward and is on his face Lou overplays the deke, no question there. Melanson had Lou playing deeper in 2010 and he had a great season.
. IMO he should make teams shoot, play deeper, using his size and eliminate the deke, His big feet and bowed legs cause some of his problems.

#1606 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

No, he's not another 'non goalie critic.' He's showing how much of an imbicle you and King can be by thinking only your opinions matter and everyone else's doesn't. You seriously base hockey knowledge on age? Pathetic man. Just pathetic.

and who are you to crtique Mullet? Ever played goal?

#1607 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

you come step to me 'son'. I hold a black belt in BJJ and i will SHOW you that I do. Not an iternet goalie expert. You squawk about age meaning knowledge? the greats in MY profession reach black belt status as early as 22-28..... I'm 36. Does that mean i'm a slow starter or an imbicile? You should take everyones opinion as if it has merrit, not just yours and KOTES.....you might learn some thing.

edit 2: sorry... learn something? probably not since your 40 years of goalie coaching has u at the top, right?
and thanks for giving me insight as to where i may see you as a goalie coach, working his magic.

I think you've been on the receiving end of too many rear naked chokes !!

#1608 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I think you've been on the receiving end of too many rear naked chokes !!

u r now speaking my language....please tell me clearly the proper technique when applying a rear naked choke.
better yet, show me. (you can school me on rear nakeds as you school your students on how to be a goalie)

edit: sorry, should have known better than to ask you to come out of your hiding place as i'm sure your goalie school is as secretive as the bat cave.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 25 November 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#1609 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I think it might be a great time to call it a night guys. Watch a movie, read a book. Hang out with your girls. Do something else than pump each other up and scream nonsense to each other. We all have an opinion on the Luongo matter and it doesn't merit any animosity toward one another.

please try to refrain from aggression. It goes nowhere.

#1610 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I think it might be a great time to call it a night guys. Watch a movie, read a book. Hang out with your girls. Do something else than pump each other up and scream nonsense to each other. We all have an opinion on the Luongo matter and it doesn't merit any animosity toward one another.

please try to refrain from aggression. It goes nowhere.

:towel:

#1611 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

u r now speaking my language....please tell me clearly the proper technique when applying a rear naked choke.
better yet, show me. (you can school me on rear nakeds as you school your students on how to be a goalie)

edit: sorry, should have known better than to ask you to come out of your hiding place as i'm sure your goalie school is as secretive as the bat cave.

heres something you should understand. At my limited level of Judo training, I would not, in my wildest dreams critique St Pierre or his counterparts. A Hane Goshi or ippon seonage level leave me miles behind and unqualified to offer an opinion. Thus, when a 16 yr old, non goalie spouts their lack of knowledge and disses me, it would be the same as me trying to contradict you and your expertise. Get it now?

#1612 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

heres something you should understand. At my limited level of Judo training, I would not, in my wildest dreams critique St Pierre or his counterparts. A Hane Goshi or ippon seonage level leave me miles behind and unqualified to offer an opinion. Thus, when a 16 yr old, non goalie spouts their lack of knowledge and disses me, it would be the same as me trying to contradict you and your expertise. Get it now?

In that, you are simply a fool, sir. We learn from all and all learn from us. You talk now, not only of being a goalie coach but of the gentle science and still give no evidence of your claims. Age means nothing and you should know that. period.

#1613 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I don't think this is a fair assessment of Luongo. He is an elite goaltender and is most likely going to rebound when play resumes. There is no reason to trade either goaltender right now and they're both going to play rather equal games. I don't think the Canucks would venture in disrespecting a player whose star factor rivals that of the best in the game.

Schneider can warm the bench as much if not more than Luongo and sit on his $4.000 MIL a yr salary. I'm pretty sure he won't be complaining.

Stop sounding so vindictive against one of the greatest athlete to suit up for a Vancouver franchise. It is not the Detroit way. Dominik Hasek won his first Cup at age 37 and for most of his tenure in Detroit, he had some very good competition going. Of course, Detroit had a 1D in Lidstrom and one of the greatest captain in history in Yzerman. But I guess Edler and Henrik will get to their status huh?

As I said; goaltending is the least of Vancouver's problem right now. Top notch defense, scoring and sandpaper grit are the problems.

Wait until Weber is again available? Definitely.

Hasek also had 2 Harts and 6 Vezinas prior to winning in 2002. Guess that would be about 8 more major awards than Lu.
Sorry GHL but Lu is a goner and for good reason because Lu has had 1 standout playoff season and that was in year 1 and 6 years ago.
You do not trade a guy on the rise(Cory) to keep one that has shown major meltdowns very often in the playoffs(Lu)
Cory has much more value to every team in the league, including us.

#1614 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Top notch defense

Edler? Hamhuis?

scoring

Sedins? Burrows? Kesler? Booth? + all the depth scoring? (Hansen Higgins exc.)

and sandpaper grit are the problems.

Lappierre? Hansen? Weise? Pinnizzotto? Burrows? Kesler? Higgins? Not gritty?

I'm not.

Hmm, I'm not a 100% sure I would.

We don't need another gritty guy we need someone who will fight (But can still play) We need 1 more scoring winger, and possibly another center for the 3rd line. Brandon Prust would have been perfect.

I don't see defense as an issue, IMO we have 3 solid Pairs + Depth.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 26 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.

zackass.png

#1615 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hasek also had 2 Harts and 6 Vezinas prior to winning in 2002. Guess that would be about 8 more major awards than Lu.
Sorry GHL but Lu is a goner and for good reason because Lu has had 1 standout playoff season and that was in year 1 and 6 years ago.
You do not trade a guy on the rise(Cory) to keep one that has shown major meltdowns very often in the playoffs(Lu)

the voice of reason peeks it's head out. The Canuck hater (KOTES) and the phony balony goalie coach/judoka (smurf) would never see the logic. Thankfully you haven't wasted your opinion because there are some of us that see through the (sad sad sad sad) fog.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 26 November 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#1616 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Listen, Gillis is a smart man. His past can presumably dictate the fact he will make smart deals in the future. Yes?
He's not going to dump Lou for pylons (KOTES) and thats how it is. Suck it up fools. Let it seep into your poor small walnut brain. The man has done alot for our franchise whether you believe it or not. Sit down and let the professionals do their jobs, ya? KOTES you are clearly a sad troll that was sent to this board to stir up discontent and smurf?....well im still waiting to hear where we (aaaaaaall of CDC) can watch you coach the latest and greatest
Posted Image

Edited by MC Fatigue, 26 November 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#1617 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hold up, Smurf, bro your 40 years coaching is cool and all and I'm gonna let you finish, but Luongo is a far better goalie then Dubnyk.

PFFT 40 years experience. I think you forgot to add the decimal point in between the 4 and 0.

Posted Image

#1618 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hold up, Smurf, bro your 40 years coaching is cool and all and I'm gonna let you finish, but Luongo is a far better goalie then Dubnyk.

PFFT 40 years experience. I think you forgot to add the decimal point in between the 4 and 0.

The man has decent points on some things; goalie positioning, the fact that the game is/continues to change and therefor the goalie must adjust, etc. however, to parrot the biggest fool on this board (KOTES) is just suicide. buuuuut... misery loves company.

#1619 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Edited by MC Fatigue, 26 November 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#1620 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

+1, but you are quite a ways off man.
Hasek also had 2 Pearsons and 2 Jennings prior to 2002. Luongo, 1 Jennings.
This gives Hasek a 12 to 1 edge in major awards before winning his first SC.

Edited by Riviera82, 26 November 2012 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.