3002 replies to this topic

#2191 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

The points weren't even my main sticking point, I was more refering to the games, except with Kassian, then yes the points were the sticking point.

And really he was playing with Kessel and Lupul was he?

Doesn't sound like Kessel and Lupul, and as you can see the only reason they called him up is because of injuries, and because they had already called everyone else up that can play at that level.

They were called up on an emergency basis again due to injuries, really sounds that fair top 6 opportunity you keep talking about doesn't it.

The only reason they call him up is because of injuries, and they always call other players up first and wait till they have no one left else to call-up but Kadri, but you seem to think he is getting fair top 6 chances. Actually Ashton was the one getting looks there.

And guess what? Ashton came up, played 15 games, had 0 points and was -10.

He wasn't even doing aswell as Kadri was in the AHL that year in the first place, yet him getting those good chances over Kadri is fair according to you? That Makes a ton of sense....

It's obvious he has been treated unfairly, and you know what else is funny, the day they sent Kadri down last year, was the day there miraculous fall off the cliff into that non-playoff spot began, interesting eh?

Yes teams go out of their way to treat players unfairly for no reason. Players they have drafted 6th overall and are apparently supposed to fill an important void/gaping hole because they have some vendetta against them.

They dont make decisions based on talent, drive, effort, they just decide they don't like someone.

I have seen Kadri play 20 games live in the NHL kid, he got alot of time his first two years on the top two lines and did nothing and thats why he's dropped down the charts and then comes to camp out of shape.

You are an idiot plain and simple. You have no idea what competition means and you think we should trade for a kid who doesn't compete and baby him..ok that's fine thats your opinion. I'd rather have a guy that competes like Alex Burrows come back vs Kadri after seeing what he can do and his attititude and seeing what EXPERTS who are trying to develop him say about those abilities and effort.

But I digress you know more than them as I said.

Good day mr ignorant. must be bliss.

#2192 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

The points weren't even my main sticking point, I was more refering to the games, except with Kassian, then yes the points were the sticking point.

And really he was playing with Kessel and Lupul was he?

Doesn't sound like Kessel and Lupul, and as you can see the only reason they called him up is because of injuries, and because they had already called everyone else up that can play at that level.

They were called up on an emergency basis again due to injuries, really sounds that fair top 6 opportunity you keep talking about doesn't it.

The only reason they call him up is because of injuries, and they always call other players up first and wait till they have no one left else to call-up but Kadri, but you seem to think he is getting fair top 6 chances. Actually Ashton was the one getting looks there.

And guess what? Ashton came up, played 15 games, had 0 points and was -10.

He wasn't even doing aswell as Kadri was in the AHL that year in the first place, yet him getting those good chances over Kadri is fair according to you? That Makes a ton of sense....

It's obvious he has been treated unfairly, and you know what else is funny, the day they sent Kadri down last year, was the day there miraculous fall off the cliff into that non-playoff spot began, interesting eh?

hahahahhha the leafs didn't make the playoffs bec they sent kadri to the minors...now i've heard it all

and don't come back and say thats not what you said bec it is the implication of what you said!

hhahhahahah

WOW!!!!! OMFG

ps...maybe Kadri was given every oppty in the world and failed to capitalize on it/take advantage of it. Thus he lost the oppty. You earn your keep in this world mr. gen y...not everyone gets a ribbon in the real world for failing.

and of course not making the playoffs had nothing to do with the fact Joffrey Lupul got hurt and they stopped scoring which of course Kadri is supposed to help with but couldn't since they have it out for him and he was in the minors, not because he doesn't do what he needs to on a nightly basis, just that they have it out for him. They'd rather miss the playoffs (since he was their saviour and they sent him down) rather than let him play.

Oh and they didn't miss the playoffs bc they had crap goaltending last year, thus the whole point of this conversation lol..it was all because they shipped poor little abused kadri to the minors...lol

you really are a dufus.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 08 December 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#2193 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

hahahahhha the leafs didn't make the playoffs bec they sent kadri to the minors...now i've heard it all

and don't come back and say thats not what you said bec it is the implication of what you said!

hhahhahahah

WOW!!!!! OMFG

Implying and saying are to different things, are they not.

I never actually said that's the reason, I just find it funny that it happened like that, and eeerrry coincidence.

Personally I don't think losing him was the reason, I think it is the hockey gods punishing the leafs for treating him poorly.

Either way, as coaches will tell you, never miss with a winning line-up, they did it and paid for it it seems.

Yes teams go out of their way to treat players unfairly for no reason. Players they have drafted 6th overall and are apparently supposed to fill an important void/gaping hole because they have some vendetta against them.

They dont make decisions based on talent, drive, effort, they just decide they don't like someone.

I have seen Kadri play 20 games live in the NHL kid, he got alot of time his first two years on the top two lines and did nothing and thats why he's dropped down the charts and then comes to camp out of shape.

You are an idiot plain and simple. You have no idea what competition means and you think we should trade for a kid who doesn't compete and baby him..ok that's fine thats your opinion. I'd rather have a guy that competes like Alex Burrows come back vs Kadri after seeing what he can do and his attititude and seeing what EXPERTS who are trying to develop him say about those abilities and effort.

But I digress you know more than them as I said.

Good day mr ignorant. must be bliss.

:lol: So hypocritical.

Prove to me that he has gotten significant time there, I have been able to prove to you he hasn't gotten a chance with them, I'll believe you if you can prove he has gotten significant time, shouldn't be a tough request since you seem to know everything no?

And why are you saying "We" your a leafs fan aren't you? Go cheer for them, I don't want you as a fan of my team.

And my opinion on it is, and what I'm saying about him is: I think he has been treated unfairly and is just waiting to breakout, aslong as we get another good piece or 2 in the deal, I have no issue going for him aswell, even if he doesn't make the team right away it would be an excellent addition to our prospect pool that lacks alot of top talent.

And finally atleast I am smart enough to be able to back-up my own opinions with facts, rather than just tieing Brian Burke's leash around my neck and believing everything he does and say's is absolutely right like he knows everything.

He or Dallas or whoever is a human just like you and I, they make mistakes, GM's make mistakes all the time, they aren't the Be-all end-all. Anyone who pays attention enough could come up with there own opinion, and have it be a good one aslong as they can support it, like I have been able to.

So if your going to reply again, please actually try to prove something this time, it makes your view alot more legitimate when it is backed by facts rather than ignorance. And it makes you seem smarter too.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM.

zackass.png

#2194 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Implying and saying are to different things, are they not.

I never actually said that's the reason, I just find it funny that it happened like that, and eeerrry coincidence.

Personally I don't think losing him was the reason, I think it is the hockey gods punishing the leafs for treating him poorly.

Either way, as coaches will tell you, never miss with a winning line-up, they did it and paid for it it seems.

:lol: So hypocritical.

Prove to me that he has gotten significant time there, I have been able to prove to you he hasn't gotten a chance with them, I'll believe you if you can prove he has gotten significant time, shouldn't be a tough request since you seem to know everything no?

And why are you saying "We" your a leafs fan aren't you? Go cheer for them, I don't want you as a fan of my team.

And my opinion on it is, and what I'm saying about him is: I think he has been treated unfairly and is just waiting to breakout, aslong as we get another good piece or 2 in the deal, I have no issue going for him aswell, even if he doesn't make the team right away it would be an excellent addition to our prospect pool that lacks alot of top talent.

And finally atleast I am smart enough to be able to back-up my own opinions with facts, rather than just tieing Brian Burke's leash around my neck and believing everything he does and say's is absolutely right like he knows everything.

He or Dallas or whoever is a human just like you and I, they make mistakes, GM's make mistakes all the time, they aren't the Be-all end-all. Anyone who pays attention enough could come up with there own opinion, and have it be a good one aslong as they can support it, like I have been able to.

So if your going to reply again, please actually try to prove something this time, it makes your view alot more legitimate when it is backed by facts rather than ignorance. And it makes you seem smarter too.

ok your comments are showing your level of intelligence.

you don't want me as a fan of YOUR team? lol ahhahahhah sorry Francesco didn't realize it was you on the other end here. the stupidity of that comment alone shows me everything i need to know about you.

you want facts? ok facts:

i will repeat

1. you are not smarter about hockey than brian burke, ron wilson, or dallas eakins

2. If you were you'd have one of their jobs so shut it

3. not his leash dog, just know he knows more about talent than you or i and anyone else on here thats why he's been a gm in the nhl and we / none of us have.... again fact imbecil

4. If he is so good, why has he failed to make the leafs in 3 years when they have been desperate for an offensive center.

5. Why has he failed to make a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years.

6. Why do his gm and both his coaches critisize him?

7. Why in 3 years has he not made the jump from AHL to NHL bottom feeder? Because he's good?????? There is a GAPING HOLE IN THE LEAFS ROSTER AT CENTER AND HE CAN'T MAKE IT?????

there are your facts, those are results in a results oriented world. his results say he's done nothing. you suggest its because he needs to have his diapers changed more frequently.

reply all you want with your verbose stupidity...more words doesn't make your argument hold water, it just means more nonsense and wasted time reading it, which i choose no longer to do. enganging in this riduculous stupity is a waste of my time.

you are clearly an inexperienced hockey player (if even at all), a young fan and that's fine but your knowledge of the game and talent is limited and over time you'll learn more as you watch and mature.

good luck kid.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 08 December 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#2195 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

ok your comments are showing your level of intelligence.

As do your's mister "Smarter about hockey" :lol:

you don't want me as a fan of YOUR team? lol ahhahahhah sorry Francesco didn't realize it was you on the other end here. the stupidity of that comment alone shows me everything i need to know about you.

All the money comes from the fans, I'm a fan. Simple enough.

you want facts? ok facts:

i will repeat

1. you are not smarter about hockey than brian burke, ron wilson, or dallas eakins

2. If you were you'd have one of their jobs so shut it

3. not his leash dog, just know he knows more about talent than you or i and anyone else on here thats why he's been a gm in the nhl and we / none of us have.... again fact imbecil

4. If he is so good, why has he failed to make the leafs in 3 years when they have been desperate for an offensive center.

5. Why has he failed to make a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years.

6. Why do his gm and both his coaches critisize him?

7. Why in 3 years has he not made the jump from AHL to NHL bottom feeder? Because he's good?????? There is a GAPING HOLE IN THE LEAFS ROSTER AT CENTER AND HE CAN'T MAKE IT?????

there are your facts, those are results in a results oriented world. his results say he's done nothing. you suggest its because he needs to have his diapers changed more frequently.

Your first 3 "facts" weren't even about Hockey they were pathetic attempts at insulting me. Ouch real effective.

4. Why hasn't he? Because he hasn't beeen given a fair spot, there's politics behind it. there are issue's, I've said this many times already. I don't know what they are but it's not tough to tell there are politics there, if not why would they bury him everytime he doesn't make the team, if there wasn't they would support him, which apparently they don't like other teams do with there highly coveted prospects.

5. Well this is completely new. I think each year has it's own individual reason's as to why, I think Burke came in and expected too much of the group, he tried to make a quick fix in a horrible situation, he paid an horrendous price to do that with Kessel and it has haunted him since, their team was handcuffed and broken and he tried to tape the wholes quickly and it failed. The team wasn't as good as he thought IMO, and he has been backtracking and making adjustments since.

6. This is the same as #4. I just think there are politics there, or else if there wasn't, why would they treat him so poorly and insult him and such.

7. This is the same as #6 and #4, there are issue's there, I mean last time for example. Not saying he is the reason they missed the playoffs, but he was playing well, they were playing well, they were rolling along into the playoffs, Nazem was a + player and he was contributing, then they send him down, for really no reason since they were winning and things went against them from there on out.

And those weren't really facts, 3 were insults, and the other 4 were questions. No facts there. And if "results say he has done nothing" like you say, then let's give Kassian, Schreoder, Jensen, Gaunce and all the other's a binky and a baby bottle too while we are at it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 December 2012 - 02:57 AM.

zackass.png

#2196 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

As do your's mister "Smarter about hockey" :lol:

All the money comes from the fans, I'm a fan. Simple enough.

Your first 3 "facts" weren't even about Hockey they were pathetic attempts at insulting me. Ouch real effective.

4. Why hasn't he? Because he hasn't beeen given a fair spot, there's politics behind it. there are issue's, I've said this many times already. I don't know what they are but it's not tough to tell there are politics there, if not why would they bury him everytime he doesn't make the team, if there wasn't they would support him, which apparently they don't like other teams do with there highly coveted prospects.

5. Well this is completely new. Umm.. I think each year has it's own individual reason's as to why, I think Burke came in and expected too much of the group, he tried to make a quick fix in a horrible situation, he paid an horrendous price to do that with Kessel and it has haunted him since, there team was handcuffed and broken and it tries to tape the wholes quickly and it failed. He wasn't as good as he thought IMO.

6. This is the same as #4. I just think there are politics there, or else is there wasn't, why would they treat him so poorly and insult him and such.

7. This is the same as #6 and #4, there are issue's there, I mean last time for example. Not saying he is the reason they missed the playoffs, but he was playing well, they were playing well, they were rolling along into the playoffs, Nazem was a + player and he was contributing, then they send him down, for really no reason since they were winning and things went against them from there on out.

And those weren't really facts, 3 were insults, and the other 4 were questions. No facts there. And if results have done nothing, let's give Kassian, Schreoder, Jensen, Gaunce and all the other's a binky and a baby bottle while we are at it.

brian burke, ron wilson, dallas eakins don't know more about hockey and talent evaluation than you?? lol...that's not a fact?
ahahahhahha

OMFG

you definitely have been given alot of trophies for failing in your life.

#2197 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

brian burke, ron wilson, dallas eakins don't know more about hockey and talent evaluation than you?? lol...that's not a fact?
ahahahhahha

OMFG

You didn't even say that, go re-read your 7 points. You were insulting me, then you asked about the leafs failures aswell as the same question about Kadri 3 times.

You can say I'm failing in life or whatever you want, but atleast I have enough brains to be able identify a question.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 December 2012 - 03:00 AM.

zackass.png

#2198 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

You didn't even say that, go re-read your 7 points. You were insulting me, then you asked about the leafs failures aswell as the same question about Kadri 3 times.

You can say I'm failing in life or whatever you want, but atleast I have enough brains to be able identify a question.

rheotorical questions = facts kid

#2199 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

rheotorical questions = facts kid

Rheotorical question = figure of speech in the form of a question.

Way to reply about hockey too btw, you know. the thing this forum is about.

zackass.png

#2200 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

you're so thick its actually amusing.

so its not a fact

that

1. Brian Burke, Ron Wilson, Dallas Eakins no more about hockey than you. Ok well we agree to disagree. I guess you should be a GM on something other than NHL 13

2. Its not a fact that Nazem Kadri has not made it to the NHL when he's played the vast majority of his pro career of 3 years in the AHL? Ok news to the world. But hey you live in a revisionist fairy tale land where you get ribbons for failure.

3. Its not a fact that the Toronto Maple leafs haven't made the playoffs in 8 (could be off by a couple here but you know the point) years? Hmm news to the NHL and world again, wonder why those leaf fans haven't been going to games in April then? Leafs playing in empty stadiums in the playoffs, not getting any tv coverage, hmm thats odd...maybe send an email to Bettman and alert him, I am sure they might make up the $ difference in the lockout if they sell those tv rights.

4. Its not a fact that the leafs haven't had a number one or even legitimate number two center since Sundin? Hmm..I guess Tyler Bozak is indeed the next coming of Dougie Gilmour then...again news to the NHL, may want to alert the NHL all star committee that they've been missing out picking the leafs number one center for the past 5 years. Grabo has had one good year but still unproven but showing he can be a good number 2.

5. So its not a fact that the leafs haven't made the playoffs, aren't in need of a number one, or in general a scoring center (I suppose there's no reason JVR was moved to center from the wing with the leafs since they don't need one there), and its not a fact Kadri was drafted to fill that role?

ok you're right i didn't provide you with any facts

your level of critical thinking really needs help kid.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 08 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#2201 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

ps...with an assumption of leading a person to an OBVIOUS answer = fact . we all have websters online as well. do you know the point of a rhetorical question? clearly not...see i have given you the answer to a rhetorical question to help you.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 08 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#2202 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

ps...with an assumption of leading a person to an OBVIOUS answer = fact . we all have websters online as well. do you know the point of a rhetorical question? clearly not...see i have given you the answer to a rhetorical question to help you.

Speaking of facts, why don't you get some? You criticize Kadri for being 'out of shape' and having 'attitude' issues because he went to training camp with a bf count that 99.9% of the people on this board would drool over. Then you are critical that a 2009 draft pick isn't an NHL regular yet. Kadri is just beginning his 3nd season in the AHL and has split the previous 2 seasons playing in the NHL/AHL. He has played more NHL games than either Kassian or Schroeder, who were also selected in the same draft year. His stats (offensive and defensive) are superior to those players, as well.
You talk about other people's lack of hockey knowledge but don't seem to understand that most players don't just jump into the NHL right after being drafted. The prime age for rookies (forwards) to make the NHL is between 20 and 23, so let's give these guys a couple more years before call them "busts".

#2203 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

ahahahhahha

OMFG

If these guys you mentioned were/are so good at evaluating talent, then why do your Maplelaughs never make the playoffs?
Two lockouts since their last playoff appearance.

#2204 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hockey trade - Booth to Calgary for Curtis Glencross.
Calgary gets a little more size, a bit more hitting, and a larger cap hit out of the deal (Calgary loves caphits - I think they judge a player's worth by their cap ht...) Also, there are probably more believers and hunters in Calgary than Vancouver, and he's less likely to take a lotta flack there.
Canucks get another kickass, undrafted, underpaid player out of the deal, one who can give Burrows a run for the best-bang-for-the-buck. Have no problem with how Booth plays, but really like this Curtis Glencross - he's far too good for his cap hit to be a Flame - total misfit.

Calgary would NEVER do that.

We got Booth last year for a couple of obvious expiring contracts - from Florida's perspective, a cap dump. Glencross is a very legitimate top-9 player, arguably a top-6 player. Would never happen.

#2205 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

1. FAT = FAT BRO....wake up...as I said you tried to spin a "GM calling a player" fat into a positive. He was called OUT OF SHAPE by his GM!!!! This wasn't a compliment!! It speaks to a 3rd year pro to which there are strong expectations that he is not showing the committment he needs to, and in the press no less...publicly not privately, in the press!!!! wow just go on with your delusions.

If you're trying to put on weight, you will gain bodyfat. Period.

#2206 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Ok I'll take your word over Eakins' and Burke's lol. Some quotes from articles

"Eakins ripped into Kadri saying, “His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable. That’s the easiest part of coming into camp is eating correctly and training correctly. There’s just no coming off if you’re an athlete, it’s no different than the normal person. You make your choice. You can either go sit on the couch, put your feet up and have a bag of potato chips or you can go on the couch and put your feet up and grab some carrots and some apples.”

A caloric surplus eating nothing but carrots and apples will render the same result as an equal caloric surplus of eating potato chips.

Dallas clearly knows nothing about how bodybuilding works. Kadri is presumably trying to gain weight. Have you seen Ovechkin without his shirt on? What about Byfuglien? Has bodyfat been a detriment to these guys' games?

#2207 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

If these guys you mentioned were/are so good at evaluating talent, then why do your Maplelaughs never make the playoffs?
Two lockouts since their last playoff appearance.

And this is the same guy who's strategy for Luongo is to just "wait" until some team gets some divine guidance to out of nowhere desperately want to add a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.

A high pick with upside and an immediate 3rd line C is apparently not an adequate return for a goalie that we need to get rid of and that will not add any value on our bench relative to his contract. You should be embarrassed and ashamed, BuretoMogilny.

#2208 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Calgary would NEVER do that.

We got Booth last year for a couple of obvious expiring contracts - from Florida's perspective, a cap dump. Glencross is. Would never happen.

I like Glencross too, but I would say that Booth is " a very legitimate top-9 player, arguably a top-6 player" as well. In fact, Booth is a top 5 player on the current Nucks roster, which is exactly where Glencross would sit on the same team.

#2209 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

And this is the same guy who's strategy for Luongo is to just "wait" until some team gets some divine guidance to out of nowhere desperately want to add a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.

A high pick with upside and an immediate 3rd line C is apparently not an adequate return for a goalie that we need to get rid of and that will not add any value on our bench relative to his contract. You should be embarrassed and ashamed, BuretoMogilny.

Have to agree with you here. I think the Nucks are in big trouble if the season is cancelled. Luongo's value will take a big dive (as you pointed out -"a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.") I suspect, the management would end up keeping Lu and trading Schneids to get some value. Unfortunate for sure, as we would still need a good backup for Lu and I'm not yet sold on Lack.

#2210 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Haven't looked at this thread for a really long time. And it's still really lame

If you can't beat em, join em?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2211 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

I like Glencross too, but I would say that Booth is " a very legitimate top-9 player, arguably a top-6 player" as well. In fact, Booth is a top 5 player on the current Nucks roster, which is exactly where Glencross would sit on the same team.

Glencross is also roughly half the cap hit that Booth is. And he's far less of a headcase. Much smarter hockey player.

#2212 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Have to agree with you here. I think the Nucks are in big trouble if the season is cancelled. Luongo's value will take a big dive (as you pointed out -"a 34 year-old with 8 years remaining on his deal.") I suspect, the management would end up keeping Lu and trading Schneids to get some value. Unfortunate for sure, as we would still need a good backup for Lu and I'm not yet sold on Lack.

I think there will be a season, and I still think that Luongo has played his last game as a Canuck. Seems like there's too much fuel to these TML rumors. If we could get Bozak & Kadri, I would give Gillis a big round of applause.

I just don't understand the folks around here who don't feel that there's any urgency in solving this goaltending situation of ours. There is.

#2213 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I saw a skunk fight once. You know how they fight? They scream at each other in high pitch sounds, then turn around and piss on each other, turn back around and scream at each other in high pitch sounds, then turn around again and piss on each other...

#2214 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think Lou will stay and Schneider will be traded for legitimate top 6 talent. For backups, there are plenty of backups in the league. It would also serve well to have Luongo back into an uncontested number one position as he performs best when in that state of mind, as well as when seeing more rubber than usual.

#2215 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I think there will be a season, and I still think that Luongo has played his last game as a Canuck. Seems like there's too much fuel to these TML rumors. If we could get Bozak & Kadri, I would give Gillis a big round of applause.

I just don't understand the folks around here who don't feel that there's any urgency in solving this goaltending situation of ours. There is.

There is urgency, but Gillis is patient and will wait for the "right" deal. However the "right" deal could change depending on the level of urgency.. aka the Nucks stumbling out of the block.

I to think that Kadri and Bozak would be a very good return for Lui, though I would hope to get one of Reimer or Scrivens back to compete for the back up role. I dont think Lack has yet earned the role, and is having quite the sub par season in Chi town.

Bozak is somewhat miscast in his role in TO, however the kid has shown the ability to be able to play with high level skilled wingers. The guy really reminds me of the good Chris Higgins... Hard working shifts with decent speed, hands, and hockey IQ... Plus he's MONEY on faceoffs with a career avg of 54%. Last season he registered 18 goals, 47 points in 72 games played. Hes been a (-) player, but so has everyone on the Leafs with their questionable defence and inconsistent goaltending. A potential 3rd line of Higgins - Bozak - Hansen would be one of the better all around 3rd lines in the league, providing hard working feisty shifts, while all 3 could potentially put up 15+ goals and 45+ points... Do some research and you wont find many like it in the league.

Kadri is more of a question mark as to whether he'll be able to convert to a consistent NHLer, but his potential offensive upside is greater than any other prospect currently in our system IMO. This kid has good speed and some serious hands... And is also clutch in shootouts, whichll be extremely valuable in aquiring points over a shortened season. He's labled a playmaker that also plays with an arogant edge and is known to chirp it up... How could that not be interesting to see how he looks on Keslers wing? IMO Kadri has the potential somewhere between a Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane, but at this point Id say its a 60/40 gamble in favor of wheather he comes close to achieveing that potential.

Luongo is an expired asset as far as the Canucks are concerned, but he'll likely be the best player in the deal for at least another few seasons, which IMO is what the Leafs need at the moment. Lui will add some more credability to the Leafs, and help the team attract more FAs. Players want to win, and thus the Leafs must make the playoffs again before the bigger names will give them an edge over signing with another club.

#2216 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

There is urgency, but Gillis is patient and will wait for the "right" deal. However the "right" deal could change depending on the level of urgency.. aka the Nucks stumbling out of the block.

I to think that Kadri and Bozak would be a very good return for Lui, though I would hope to get one of Reimer or Scrivens back to compete for the back up role. I dont think Lack has yet earned the role, and is having quite the sub par season in Chi town.

Bozak is somewhat miscast in his role in TO, however the kid has shown the ability to be able to play with high level skilled wingers. The guy really reminds me of the good Chris Higgins... Hard working shifts with decent speed, hands, and hockey IQ... Plus he's MONEY on faceoffs with a career avg of 54%. Last season he registered 18 goals, 47 points in 72 games played. Hes been a (-) player, but so has everyone on the Leafs with their questionable defence and inconsistent goaltending. A potential 3rd line of Higgins - Bozak - Hansen would be one of the better all around 3rd lines in the league, providing hard working feisty shifts, while all 3 could potentially put up 15+ goals and 45+ points... Do some research and you wont find many like it in the league.

Kadri is more of a question mark as to whether he'll be able to convert to a consistent NHLer, but his potential offensive upside is greater than any other prospect currently in our system IMO. This kid has good speed and some serious hands... And is also clutch in shootouts, whichll be extremely valuable in aquiring points over a shortened season. He's labled a playmaker that also plays with an arogant edge and is known to chirp it up... How could that not be interesting to see how he looks on Keslers wing? IMO Kadri has the potential somewhere between a Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane, but at this point Id say its a 60/40 gamble in favor of wheather he comes close to achieveing that potential.

Luongo is an expired asset as far as the Canucks are concerned, but he'll likely be the best player in the deal for at least another few seasons, which IMO is what the Leafs need at the moment. Lui will add some more credability to the Leafs, and help the team attract more FAs. Players want to win, and thus the Leafs must make the playoffs again before the bigger names will give them an edge over signing with another club.

IMO, this is the best quote in ALL of the Luongo threads. I agree 100%.

#2217 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Glencross is also roughly half the cap hit that Booth is. And he's far less of a headcase. Much smarter hockey player.

I must have missed something. How is Booth a headcase? I get that he doesn't have a high hockey IQ, but he still puts up 2nd line #s. Glencross is playing better than his caphit suggests.

#2218 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Mostly true; and as a centre, I never thought of Kadri on Kesler's wing. Very interesting...

I don't agree regarding Bozak. He put up most of his points playing with T.O.'s top wingers.He wont score at that clip playing wuth Hansen, Raymond or Higgins. And where would the third line's identity as a match up stopper line (Sammy Pahlsson, Malhotra) be? Not that he's a bad defensive player but its a big match up shortfall in comparison to 220 lb Malhotra with high flying and hitting 217 lb Torres to play against the likes of Joe Thornton. Bozak, Higgins and Hansen is too small for the role we actually need of our 3rd line..

#2219 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Well, Calgary's need is not on the wing anyway. Booth would do well in Calgary, but he is not their need.

However, I would be very surprised if Calgary turned down Booth for Glencross. Booth is much more offensively gifted, and would fit in well I think. Glencross is quite inconsistent, and although he makes a big impact when he is playing well, he tends to make some pretty big gaffs when he isn't. I guess the same can be said of Booth too though.

Like I said, if Calgary moves someone it is to acquire a top line center, not a top 6 winger.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2220 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

I must have missed something. How is Booth a headcase? I get that he doesn't have a high hockey IQ, but he still puts up 2nd line #s. Glencross is playing better than his caphit suggests.

Booth is not a headcase. He's actually a very stable and humble individual who has a love for life, and people. I still need to see Booth for another year in Van before fully asessing his long term value, but I do think that he has the right tools to be a part of the core of this team long term.

The trade last season literally rocked his world. Going from a tiny market with little to no media exposure where he was not only drafted and developed in, but became an adult and made his best friends while having sunshine 24/7... to a giant market in a different league on the other side of the continent with very few personel contacts where clouds rule the sky and literally every single thing you do gets over analyzed because most of the fans are ignorant, touchy, self righteous boobs who judge a person based on a tiny peak into ones life through a few twitter pics.... Who wouldnt be shocked, somewhat depressed and stressed out of their skull... Not to mention the serious knee injury he suffered just as he was really starting to come around.... Followed by playing with an injured centerman who couldnt/wouldnt pass or shoot without telegraphing exactly what he was going to do... Not exactly a confidence builder.

Its still far to early to pass judgment on what David Booth could be for this team. Im not saying that he's the second coming of Christ or anything, but that the skill set of what he could potentially provide are needed attributes of the organization... North South player thatll take it hard to the net, create scoring chances, use his body and stregnth to his advantage, and put up consistent solid secondary scoring numbers.... An by all accounts he's extremely devoted fitness buff who brings his best in everything he sets out to accomplish. I also think that adding his good freind Jason Garrison will help him to feel that much more comfortable.

Glencross carreer stats:
358 GP - 94 goals - 96 assists - 264 hits

Booth career stats:
365 GP - 103 goals - 93 assists - 260 hits

Pretty decent compairison, but also to note that Glencross is nearly 2 years older (the last 2 years have coincidentally been the most productive of his career), and has never had a career threatening concussion, pausing his development for a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.