3002 replies to this topic

#2371 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I for one don't miss the game much. I have had much more time to study things that I have been putting off, some for years, even decades, watching millionaires chase a piece of rubber.

This lockout is the third I live through and I must admit it gives perspective on the matter; how ridiculous it actually is.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 12 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#2372 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

I for one don't miss the game much. I have had much more time to study things that I have been putting off, some for years, even decades, watching millionaires chase a piece of rubber.

This lockout is the third I love through and I must admit it gives perspective on the matter; how ridiculous it actually is.

No NHL but junior hockey is good.....and my golf games great too !!

#2373 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

I forget what watching hockey even feels like.

#2374 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I forget what watching hockey even feels like.

Here's something to tide you over.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#2375 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,489 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Luongo

zackass.png

#2376 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Luongo

Yeah.
This is supposed to be his trade thread is it not?

#2377 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,489 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah.
This is supposed to be his trade thread is it not?

The thread is at an all time low in flux and off topic attacks raining down upon us like the rain comes down on the greater vancouver area everyday.

Just thought i would try to juice things up a bit

zackass.png

#2378 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

No NHL but junior hockey is good.....and my golf games great too !!

Philosophy, Stocks, personal development and most of all, filmmaking.

Years.

#2379 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Philosophy, Stocks, personal development and most of all, filmmaking.

Years.

Philosphy and stocks? To each there own I guess...

More like follow the Wolves, NFL, get to the gym more, game of thrones/ breaking bad/ sons of anarchy/ walking dead

#2380 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Whatever does happen I am sure that Gillis will do the best he can for the makeup and chemistry of the team. Roberto has served us well, but his time here is done.

It is good to see that all parties involved have chosen the high road of respect and silence now.

Now if we could find a way to get Thing of the ES to disappear.....that would be great.
Posted Image

#2381 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Whatever does happen I am sure that Gillis will do the best he can for the makeup and chemistry of the team. Roberto has served us well, but his time here is done.

It is good to see that all parties involved have chosen the high road of respect and silence now.

Now if we could find a way to get Thing of the ES to disappear.....that would be great.

King of the ES? You must not have been following the last 6 pages or so :lol:

#2382 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

In all fairness, this thread would be a lot shorter, and a lot less entertaining without KoES.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2383 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,489 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

In all fairness, this thread would be a lot shorter, and a lot less entertaining without KoES.

And he hasn't been as bad in the last little bit.

Lately BuretoMogilny has taken his spot on these boards over quite nicely.

zackass.png

#2384 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I agree - but in addition, I have no problem at all with what King does here, which is simple argue about/discuss hockey. Don't agree for the most part, but big deal, he has his own opinions that differ from mine. Isn't that a large part of what these boards are for?

#2385 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Agreed.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#2386 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I agree with a fair amount of what King has to say actually. If we all agreed about everything and were being complete homers all the time, well this wouldn't be much of a discussion.

#2387 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Question:

Has King of the ES responded to anything BureToMogilny has said? (Too many pages to go through), might it be that BureToMogilny IS King of the ES? I don't believe so, just asking...

#2388 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Question:

Has King of the ES responded to anything BureToMogilny has said? (Too many pages to go through), might it be that BureToMogilny IS King of the ES? I don't believe so, just asking...

I think you're onto something.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#2389 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Question:

There was a point, I think it was this thread or the last version, where they were arguing against each other. I'd hoped that would derail them as both were prominent in the thread at the time but others couldn't keep from getting involved and it devolved again.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2390 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I just like this thread cause it's really active, and since there's nothing to talk about anyway I basically just shoot pucks in here.

Edited by WiDeN, 12 December 2012 - 11:04 PM.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#2391 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I just like this thread cause it's really active, and since there's nothing to talk about anyway I basically just shoot pucks in here.

Same.

#2392 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Let's keep it active. A few questions

Who here thinks that Roberto Luongo will be able to win a Stanley Cup after he is traded from Vancouver?

Now considering the teams possibly in the mix for him, who would be improved dramatically enough to become a contender?

Luongo is an excellent goalie and would change the dynamic of any team he joined.

I say Chicago. However, I have a hard time seeing a team that hounded his psyche so much in the last few seasons be a place he would want to go.

Final question. What do you think was the reason for his decline in Vancouver?

1. Pulling his groin one to many times.

2. Hard ass, unforgiving Vancouver media and fans.

3. Losing his mental edge during playoff contention.

I am not interested in beating whatever remains of the dead horse, merely interested in what fellow Canuck fans think.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 13 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#2393 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,787 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Who here thinks that Roberto Luongo will be able to win a Stanley Cup after he is traded from Vancouver?

Now considering the teams possibly in the mix for him, who would be improved dramatically enough to become a contender?

Luongo is an excellent goalie and would change the dynamic of any team he joined.

I say Chicago. However, I have a hard time seeing a team that hounded his psyche so much in the last few seasons be a place he would want to go.

I am not interested in beating whatever remains of the dead horse, merely interested in what fellow Canuck fans think.

Philadelphia

4. Not decline, but incline...Young stud will not be denied his day, which is due.

Luongo and a 2nd for Couturier and Simmonds

Bryzgalov to Toronto for Kadri. ::D

Edited by oldnews, 13 December 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#2394 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

I dont think Luongo will win a Stanley Cup anywhere unfortunately. Unless of course whatever team he ends up on goes on some kind of magical run while facing 4 inferior opponents.
I get on Luongo's case quite often which is no secret but I only say that he wont win because I believe his playoff issues are a pattern with him, which I am not convinced he will be able to break.

I think the reason for Luongo's decline is a combination of
- The groin problems
- Age and constant butterfly style taking it's toll
- The playoff meltdowns and the resulting disappointment of them
- AV never pulling him from the net in time to save his remaining confidence when he's off his game

I also think Luongo's decline is amplified in appearance by Schneider's ascent.

Edited by Riviera82, 13 December 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#2395 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

I dont think Luongo will win a Stanley Cup anywhere unfortunately. Unless of course whatever team he ends up on goes on some kind of magical run while facing 4 inferior opponents.
I get on Luongo's case quite often which is no secret but I only say that he wont win because I believe his playoff issues are a pattern with him, which I am not convinced he will be able to break.

I think the reason for Luongo's decline is a combination of
- The groin problems
- Age and constant butterfly style taking it's toll
- The playoff meltdowns and the resulting disappointment of them
- AV never pulling him from the net in time to save his remaining confidence when he's off his game

I also think Luongo's decline is amplified in appearance by Schneider's ascent.

Agreed, especially the 3/4 points. This is the reason I don't think the Nucks will get the prize trade some fans are indicating. And if there's no season this year, there will be decent UFA goalies on the market with better contract options. That's why I would be thrilled to see a return of Bozak and.....KADRI!!!! :towel:

#2396 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Luongo certainly has the ability to win a Cup after Vancouver. With that said, an argument can be made that he hasn't been the same since the first meltdown in Chicago. All of this recent crap on Twitter isn't exactly encouraging, either, IMO. Strikes me as a guy who's realized that there are far more important things in life than hockey; which is nice, and true, but he's not the same cold-blooded goalie that single-handedly took this team to a division championship and the second round in '07.

A lot of teams could benefit: Chicago & Washington being the two most obvious and immediate ones, IMO. Lu would probably push both Edmonton and Toronto into the playoffs, barring otherwise reasonable health amongst key players. And if Huberdeau's as good as advertised, the Panthers might also be pushed into new territory, but I still don't think they're all that good at the moment.

As you all know, I would've preferred keeping Lu and moving Schneider for more immediate help. I think it's a huge risk for this team to go with a new goalie at this stage. We don't know how Schneider will respond to this fanbase when they turn against him, which will happen, probably pretty quickly. Lu - in relation to the change in his personality referenced above - appears to have just been becoming comfortable with it, which was the one benefit of being more aloof.

#2397 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I do not feel Luongo will win a cup as a starting goalie on any team.

Florida seems like the place that would benefit the most from Lu because it is where he would be away from the spotlight and where his family and heart is and would probabl play his best hockey.

Puling his groin seems to be the turning point in his career, although just the pressure of the Vancouve rmarket and what could be family stresses would had led to the same result over time.
The evolution of goaltending has passed Lu bye and the gap will just get bigger over time. Lu 6-10 years ago was just so much more athletic than most goalies, and back then probably a lot bigger, he could get bye. A goalie like Cory Schneider is just as big, just as athletic and is seemingly s a student who puts a lot of effort into studying and thinking the game.
Cory probably has a book and a plan on what he feels he should do against Yakabov and Schultz, where Lu has a book on how to play Ivy and Negreanu.

#2398 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

and Bure is missing in action...maybe sitting in the penalty box , serving time for unsportsmanlike conduct !!

#2399 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Luongo certainly has the ability to win a Cup after Vancouver. With that said, an argument can be made that he hasn't been the same since the first meltdown in Chicago. All of this recent crap on Twitter isn't exactly encouraging, either, IMO. Strikes me as a guy who's realized that there are far more important things in life than hockey; which is nice, and true, but he's not the same cold-blooded goalie that single-handedly took this team to a division championship and the second round in '07.

A lot of teams could benefit: Chicago & Washington being the two most obvious and immediate ones, IMO. Lu would probably push both Edmonton and Toronto into the playoffs, barring otherwise reasonable health amongst key players. And if Huberdeau's as good as advertised, the Panthers might also be pushed into new territory, but I still don't think they're all that good at the moment.

As you all know, I would've preferred keeping Lu and moving Schneider for more immediate help. I think it's a huge risk for this team to go with a new goalie at this stage. We don't know how Schneider will respond to this fanbase when they turn against him, which will happen, probably pretty quickly. Lu - in relation to the change in his personality referenced above - appears to have just been becoming comfortable with it, which was the one benefit of being more aloof.

the fan base is a weak excuse for Lou's problems.His biggest problem(consensus) is his mental state under pressure and it is compounded by recently acquired poor technique and poor fundamentals. Schneider is technically superior, quicker and cooler. There is little reason to believe he will fail or that the fanbase will influence his play. I think you'll see the Canucks play with more confidence with Schneids between the pipes.

#2400 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Philadelphia

4. Not decline, but incline...Young stud will not be denied his day, which is due.

Luongo and a 2nd for Couturier and Simmonds

Bryzgalov to Toronto for Kadri. ::D

I actually suggested something along those lines early on in the Luongo saga.

I think I was looking for both Schenns in return, but I was giving the Flyers a defenseman as well. It was kind of tongue in cheek, but I was suggesting the Flyers bury Breezy in the minors like the Rags did with Redden. Unfortunately, the new CBA will likely do away with that option.

Thinking outside the box a bit, I wonder what Homer would say to Luo and Edler for the Schenns? Don't get me wrong, I love Eddie, but as a pending UFA, I don't know if we can keep him...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.