The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Saying he has more upside at this point is what this discussion was about. Age is not the criteria, ability is. I'm sorry, teams crash the net on Lou because he does not seal the bottom of the net well, does not come up with loose pucks well and his flaws are causing him to be a streaky goalie(read inconsistant day to day) Lous glove is all about show, not that he has a bad glove, but" flashing the leather is grandstanding, and hes done that all his career . Lou is near the bottom of NHL in shootouts due mostly to his poor lateral movement and teams shoot from all angles because he is NOT in good position and square to puck, We disagree on all points, so, someones out to lunch !!

Ah, the personal insults. Always the sign of a guy with a strong case.

You still have yet to tell me how it benefits the Vancouver Canucks to hang on to him, as it relates to his value increasing.

And sure, of course there's less value. If that 3rd liner with a bad contract can help the Canucks win today, it's probably a reasonable deal to take. Who are you alluding to, in the above paragraph? That's a far cry from some of the proposals that have been on here - Bozak, Biggs, and a 2nd, the most recent one.

The market for teams looking for goalies likely would not increase, so his value simply will not rise. The optics of acquiring a backup goaltender with a 10-year contract and simultaneously departing with some sort of "A" prospect, top-six player, or high pick, would not be very good.

He's giving Gillis the benefit of the doubt, but, make no mistake, we've seen diva Roberto come out in the past, and if he's still watching games from the bench and patting Schneider's head like a good teammate during the TV timeouts for very long, you've got to think that he'll quickly tire of it. A guy at his age would not want to accelerate his atrophy as a player, which sitting on the bench will obviously do.

And as you've ignored my question asking you to explain how his value will increase in 2013, I'll assume that you agree that it won't. Therefore, and for many other obvious reasons, it's in Vancouver's best interests to get this done ASAP.

I disagree completely on the Shootouts, I think the reason is because he bites on dekes too often, not that he has bad laterial movement, I don't think his laterial movement is actually bad, I think it's better than Dubnyk's. and he does flash the glove but he makes nice glove saves too that are difficult one's, he is good at making glove saves through screen's, and he is good positionall although I do agree he has trouble sealing up the bottom of the net at times.

is that your answer Krusty?

you come step to me 'son'. I hold a black belt in BJJ and i will SHOW you that I do. Not an iternet goalie expert. You squawk about age meaning knowledge? the greats in MY profession reach black belt status as early as 22-28..... I'm 36. Does that mean i'm a slow starter or an imbicile? You should take everyones opinion as if it has merrit, not just yours and KOTES.....you might learn some thing.

edit 2: sorry... learn something? probably not since your 40 years of goalie coaching has u at the top, right?

and thanks for giving me insight as to where i may see you as a goalie coach, working his magic.

I think it might be a great time to call it a night guys. Watch a movie, read a book. Hang out with your girls. Do something else than pump each other up and scream nonsense to each other. We all have an opinion on the Luongo matter and it doesn't merit any animosity toward one another.

please try to refrain from aggression. It goes nowhere.

I think it might be a great time to call it a night guys. Watch a movie, read a book. Hang out with your girls. Do something else than pump each other up and scream nonsense to each other. We all have an opinion on the Luongo matter and it doesn't merit any animosity toward one another.

please try to refrain from aggression. It goes nowhere.

u r now speaking my language....please tell me clearly the proper technique when applying a rear naked choke.

better yet, show me. (you can school me on rear nakeds as you school your students on how to be a goalie)

edit: sorry, should have known better than to ask you to come out of your hiding place as i'm sure your goalie school is as secretive as the bat cave.

heres something you should understand. At my limited level of Judo training, I would not, in my wildest dreams critique St Pierre or his counterparts. A Hane Goshi or ippon seonage level leave me miles behind and unqualified to offer an opinion. Thus, when a 16 yr old, non goalie spouts their lack of knowledge and disses me, it would be the same as me trying to contradict you and your expertise. Get it now?

I don't think this is a fair assessment of Luongo. He is an elite goaltender and is most likely going to rebound when play resumes. There is no reason to trade either goaltender right now and they're both going to play rather equal games. I don't think the Canucks would venture in disrespecting a player whose star factor rivals that of the best in the game.

Schneider can warm the bench as much if not more than Luongo and sit on his $4.000 MIL a yr salary. I'm pretty sure he won't be complaining.

Stop sounding so vindictive against one of the greatest athlete to suit up for a Vancouver franchise. It is not the Detroit way. Dominik Hasek won his first Cup at age 37 and for most of his tenure in Detroit, he had some very good competition going. Of course, Detroit had a 1D in Lidstrom and one of the greatest captain in history in Yzerman. But I guess Edler and Henrik will get to their status huh?

As I said; goaltending is the least of Vancouver's problem right now. Top notch defense, scoring and sandpaper grit are the problems.

Schneider for Campbell? I'm taking it.

Schneider for Phaneuf? I'm taking it.

Wait until Weber is again available? Definitely.

Hasek also had 2 Harts and 6 Vezinas prior to winning in 2002. Guess that would be about 8 more major awards than Lu.

Sorry GHL but Lu is a goner and for good reason because Lu has had 1 standout playoff season and that was in year 1 and 6 years ago.

You do not trade a guy on the rise(Cory) to keep one that has shown major meltdowns very often in the playoffs(Lu)

Cory has much more value to every team in the league, including us.

Listen, Gillis is a smart man. His past can presumably dictate the fact he will make smart deals in the future. Yes?

He's not going to dump Lou for pylons (KOTES) and thats how it is. Suck it up fools. Let it seep into your poor small walnut brain. The man has done alot for our franchise whether you believe it or not. Sit down and let the professionals do their jobs, ya? KOTES you are clearly a sad troll that was sent to this board to stir up discontent and smurf?....well im still waiting to hear where we (aaaaaaall of CDC) can watch you coach the latest and greatest

aussie-haterade.gif

Hasek also had 2 Harts and 6 Vezinas prior to winning in 2002. Guess that would be about 8 more major awards than Lu.

Sorry GHL but Lu is a goner and for good reason because Lu has had 1 standout playoff season and that was in year 1 and 6 years ago.

You do not trade a guy on the rise(Cory) to keep one that has shown major meltdowns very often in the playoffs(Lu)

Cory has much more value to every team in the league, including us.

Archived