The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

The first Cup is the hardest to win. Since Vancouver has not won one, Lu only has to win one in his career in order to break the barrier between Cup winners and non Cup winners. Just one.

A punishing 1D is what's needed; not a Luongo trade. Schneider will most likely melt away with time as the other Vancover goalies have. We're lucky to have a goaltender that resists total disintegration. I for one didn't like how Schneider reacted to losing the final game; he looked scared, whereas Luongo seems to finally be able to handle the media pressure, even toying with it as if it were a small child.

To be frank, there's no better fit for Lu than the Vancouver Canucks. Next best fit would be the Chicago Blackhawks. Is Florida really a contender, if they were to get Luongo? Not in my opinion. Toronto? Probably not.

And OK, you think that the trade deadline is the magical time where someone will pay a pretty penny for Lu's services. That would have to be a first, as I don't recall many 10-year contracts being exchanged at that time.

The first Cup is the hardest to win. Since Vancouver has not won one, Lu only has to win one in his career in order to break the barrier between Cup winners and non Cup winners. Just one.

A punishing 1D is what's needed; not a Luongo trade. Schneider will most likely melt away with time as the other Vancover goalies have. We're lucky to have a goaltender that resists total disintegration. I for one didn't like how Schneider reacted to losing the final game; he looked scared, whereas Luongo seems to finally be able to handle the media pressure, even toying with it as if it were a small child.

Yeah because he came off an injury, and before that he was actually a good player. So there is a reason there and something to aim for.

Plus he is an RFA, why would you give that asset away for nothing. If he has another terrible season I doubt he will remain with the club.

I don't believe Corsi is the be all end all, but it is a useful stat. My point is that he doesn't block shots, he loses battles, gives the puck away, isn't physical, these aren't really things that can be proven or disproven because he has gotten unless chances to play in the top 6, which boost his corsi even if he plays well, and either way.

how can corsi prove if he wins battles, gives the puck away, or blocks shots?

The only good about his defensive play is that he can play his position and that he has speed, that's pretty much it IMO.

I hope MG Counters that proposal with at least

Bozak

Kadri

2013 1st

For

Luongo

Bozak is a UFA, Kadri is not liked by the leafs and was drafted high but has never played like it, aside from the first, nothing they give is is of much use to us. They are still getting the better player in the trade

The Luongo trade philosophy:

Random NHL team:

Luongo

VAN

A marginal player whose in and out of the lineup,

A rookie who will never make it,

A 1st round draft pick, hopefully from a bottom feeder.

If that's too much, then drop the first. The fans would rather see crap spare parts never make the team then having Luongo in net for one second more. In fact, he should never set foot in Vancouver again, even if he plays for another team.

Spare parts only please. I ask: is this a society of winners or a society of token beggars?

So fake. Look at the differences between the two jerseys. No maple leaf on shoulder of Luongo jersey. The white line patterns are different. Luongo jersey is lighter shade of blue. Not to mention the obvious photoshop thats been done.

So fake. Look at the differences between the two jerseys. No maple leaf on shoulder of Luongo jersey. The white line patterns are different. Luongo jersey is lighter shade of blue. Not to mention the obvious photoshop thats been done.

Archived