Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

My Official Roberto Luongo Proposal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#61 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Toews is a better player, no doubt about it. But after Toews, Hossa is the man. Hossa's game is more than just points the guy plays great defense and he's stellar on the PK. Although I'm not a fan of Hossa's contract it was necessary to get him to sign with us and I'm glad he's on the team.

I'm not going to argue that Toews wouldn't be more valuable to a franchise moving forward, but they are both point a game guys, they are both two-way players, comparable plus/minus, both strong, physical players but not punishing, strong on the puck, character players who show up every game, etc. I think they're different and comparable In the present - obvioulsy Toews has far more value being a young center and captain (and stellar face-off guy) whereas Hossa is approaching 34 with 10 yrs left on his contract, but Toews, like Keith, doesn't always impress.
Hossa would fit a greater need in Vancouver, being a legitimate marquis right winger - and obviously Toews is out of the discussion given he is untouchable #1 in Chicago.

#62 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Lu for a handful of Flames AHLers, none of whom could make the Canucks roster - and a goaltender we don't need... no thanks - not to mention that Calgary could ill-afford to part with a couple of their young centers (or any prospects for that matter). If they start dealing youth for veterans it would only convince me further that they have completely lost their marbles.

That's probably the worst proposal involving Luongo I've ever seen. Seriously, its basically Calgary's garbage for an elite goalie who's not even being traded to the Flames. Pointless trade to say the least.

r u guys kidding me? that would be sick to get back for luongo. other then crawford who would just be a backup, nemisz and howse are promising prospects and comeau is a decent third liner who had a bad year. backlund i still believe is gunna be a good center and as connorfuturegm pointed out would be a good option for third line center. calgary would be stupid to make this trade
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.