The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rumble 2012: Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart

Tystick

I like guys like Stewart and Bill Maher, and will admit a dislike for FOX without really watching any of their programming.

First time seeing O'Reilly extensively, and while I don't agree with some of his ideas, he doesn't really come off as a nut job. Thought he made some good arguments and good discussion.

Haha, great debate. As usual, I agree mostly with Jon Stewart (guy's a champ), but O'Reilly doesn't come off as a douche as he usually does. I've never been a fan of the way he brings people onto his show and intimidates and badgers them. He did a good job in his own right, the guy knows what he's talking about.

Honestly, Stewart probably WOULD make a good president, lol. <- half-joking

I watched this last night, and I was impressed with both sides.

I can honestly say, with the exception of a couple times flipping channels & seeing him for a minute here or there, I didnt really know Bill O'Reilly from much more than Daily Show & Colbert Report clips.

He had SOME fair points, but of course, in the end, Stewart came across on most points as the victor.

Hearing O'Reilly proclaim he likes Obama was a bit shocking. Didnt expect ANYONE from FOX News to ever say that.

Also - The Colbert training session with Stewart on TDS last week was pure gold. Right down to Clucker Carlson.

I like guys like Stewart and Bill Maher, and will admit a dislike for FOX without really watching any of their programming.

First time seeing O'Reilly extensively, and while I don't agree with some of his ideas, he doesn't really come off as a nut job. Thought he made some good arguments and good discussion.

Bill O'Reilly went to Harvard, and he has said on air many times that he likes Obama.  Here is one thing that will shock many people back home: O'Reilly's ratings are higher than all of CNN's evening programing combined.  The problem for most Canadians is that the only thing they have heard about Fox News is second hand information.  Also, for many years, they never had a chance to watch the channel for themselves and the only cable news network that they could watch was CNN.

Archived