The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rumble 2012: Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart

Tystick

Bill O'Reilly went to Harvard, and he has said on air many times that he likes Obama. Here is one thing that will shock many people back home: O'Reilly's ratings are higher than all of CNN's evening programing combined. The problem for most Canadians is that the only thing they have heard about Fox News is second hand information. Also, for many years, they never had a chance to watch the channel for themselves and the only cable news network that they could watch was CNN.

Fox News is available here. I can't give O'Reilly any credit for now publishing two assassin novels against noted democratic leaders, the last one Killing Kennedy; the end of Camelot really only accomplishes rallying up the far right towards some kind of patriotic pride at the death of a leader.

Anyways, back to Fox News, the cable news channel run by the same Rupert Murdoch charged with illegal hacking and phone tapping. If it's not blatant of the lies that this particular networks serves up on a daily basis then I am wasting my time talking to you. O'Reilly, while being one of the more coherent ones on that channel, once was dependant upon the spill over viewers from Glen Beck. This is a network which continuously refers to President Obama as Mr. Obama, a network which uses Donald Trump's opinion on political views, a network which promotes tea party endeavours and finally a network which has not made the smallest effort to be partisan. This is also a 'news' channel which promoted the notion that extending the debt ceiling would mean borrowing more... a notion which led to the default.

Fox News channel assumes it's viewers to be like-minded in their inability to coherently form an argument. Instead they go off on tangents about Obama's birth certificate, the notion that Obama wishes to lead a communist revival, the denial to acknowledge Obama's hand in the bin Laden killing, and just this past week an utter refusal to acknowledge the decline in the unemployment rate from September's numbers. Name one thing that this news channel has been accurate about and we'll talk; for the most part however it has a stream of lies using pundits as a source, and not real numbers or facts.

So Fox News is now on Canadian basic cable? The last time I was home, it was avaliable as a specialty channel on Shaw.

You do know that it is the same Rupert that owns Fox Broadcast network too? The shows in prime time on that channel are definitely the hallmark for social conservatism.

Also, I can say you do not watch Fox News. The reason why I call your bluff is that their "commentators" do not go there. The one that you could say may have is no longer on the network (Glenn Beck). Actually, they vociferously defend against the people portraying those conspiracy ideas. And the news broadcasts are down the middle.

As for September's unemployment numbers, have you read the headlines today? You do know that a major state did not submit its unemployment numbers to be calculated for the third quarter. With their inclusion, the unemployment rate would have went up.

Archived