#1 VAGHA

VAGHA

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

The expression "Falling asleep" reveals to us that our "sub" conscious lies so deep,
that upon impact; one will awaken.

Posted Image

VAGHA2012

#2 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Cool.

#3 VAGHA

VAGHA

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I have read several articles about lucid dreaming. I have found that with a little practice, you can guide your dream to any imaginable place. Although, if you try to control your dreams too much, it can all vanish. You have to find "triggers", that allow you become aware in the dream state.

Please feel free to share your stories....

Posted Image

VAGHA2012

#4 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

lucidity in the sky with diamonds!

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#5 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

This thread should be merged in the legalize marijuana thread.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

This thread should be merged in the legalize marijuana thread.

Lucidity can't be proven with worldly science.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#7 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Lucidity can't be proven with worldly science.

Lucidity? do we really need it?

In all seriousness though I've never been a big believer in controlling ones dreams lucid or otherwise. Influence absolutely but not so much control.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

OMG Lucidity?!

#9 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

In all seriousness though I've never been a big believer in controlling ones dreams lucid or otherwise. Influence absolutely but not so much control.

The irony is that dreams are a result of our sub-concious, and our sub-concious is out of our conscious control. To try and control something that is inherently out of our control, seems paradoxical to say the least, and a bunch of horse$hit at best.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#10 Fathoms

Fathoms

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I've been having a lot of WILDS (Waking Induced Lucid Dreams) lately. When going back to sleep after a brief period of wakefulness I'll typically go through a prolonged battle with sleep paralysis where part of my mind will be awake and embodied even though I can no longer exert significant control over myself, and the other half of my mind will be taking all of the physical sensations of paralysis and weightlessness and trying to spin a dream narrative around them. The images are more like mild hallucinations, though I will experience a very real sense of falling through a sky or a dark cavern. This goes on for what feels like twenty minutes until a full blown dream will materialize.

It might be useful to think of this as a mind hack. The transitional stages between sleep and dreaming are not normally something the conscious mind has any awareness of. The conscious "I" is usually the first thing to go. But in the right conditions you can fool your subconscious into thinking you are asleep by remaining perfectly still with your eyes closed. Remember though that when the paralysis kicks in the conscious mind will instinctively react with an overwhelming sense of fear, and in order to explain this fear it may hallucinate aliens or demons or as is the case with myself, shadow people. I think anyone who is aware of what sleep paralysis is and has experienced it will attest to the fact that this is no doubt the most probable explanation of most alien abduction reports.

Anyway, WILDS are pretty rare. My advice for attaining lucidity in dreams is to practice lucidity in waking life. How many times today have you seriously considered whether or not you are dreaming? If you don't ask this question in waking life you sure as hell can't expect yourself to ask this question while you are in a dream. Do it now. Are you dreaming? A good reality check is to read a store sign or a clock, then turn your head away for three seconds, and then look back at it. Dream symbols are highly unstable, and prone to rapid fluctuation. It may sound silly, but one of these days you are going to read that it is 4:08 pm, then look back a moment later and notice it's 7:22 and BAMO! you will find yourself in wonderland. At which point of course you are likely to wake yourself up from the sheer excitement of the discovery. Ah well, remember. It is a mind hack. It's not supposed to be easy.

Edited by Fathoms, 07 October 2012 - 04:12 PM.

wordings...

#11 Fathoms

Fathoms

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have read several articles about lucid dreaming. I have found that with a little practice, you can guide your dream to any imaginable place. Although, if you try to control your dreams too much, it can all vanish. You have to find "triggers", that allow you become aware in the dream state.

I learned how to do it from reading Stephen Laberge's "Lucid Dreaming". He's the guy who experimented on himself in The Stanford Laboratories by hooking his brain up to eeg machines that would verify he is in deep sleep, then was able to perform a set of previously defined eye movements deep that essentially proved that lucid dreaming is a real phenomena.
wordings...

#12 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Interesting point. I can be in complete control of my actions within a dream, but not of the whole thing. You could change the dream scene, for example, but the subconscious is always at work in determining what you are seeing/experiencing within the dream.

I'm not good enough it at the moment to give a proper answer anyway.

I go through hot and cold patches. Had a few Wake Induced Lucid's last week, but since then nothing. The subject really fascinates me, yet so many people I know have never heard of it. I never bring it up really.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

My main problem is that when I'm lucid, I always have that lingering thought in the back of my mind telling me that I'm dreaming and that I'm going to wake up any second. I can't shake it, so I always end up waking after a matter of minutes and even that takes a huge amount of effort.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Fun and all but I want to work my way up to astral projection.
Posted Image

#15 VAGHA

VAGHA

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

My main problem is that when I'm lucid, I always have that lingering thought in the back of my mind telling me that I'm dreaming and that I'm going to wake up any second. I can't shake it, so I always end up waking after a matter of minutes and even that takes a huge amount of effort.

Once a person attains a lucid state in their dream, to help maintain this one should try to be purposeful, and target a solution.

here are some of my experiences:

I have conducted several experiments, while I have dreamt.
(if you get a chance to become lucid, try these things out)

1) Flying: Probably the easiest thing to do. You will only start to
descend if you try to manipulate it too much, or become too excited.

2) Try to look at the moon: I was so successful in this attempt, that not
only did I see the moon, but I also saw the reflection of it in water.

3) Looking in the Mirror: Successful, however don't stare too long as your
body and face will start to transform/distort. The whole experience can be freaky.

4) Light switch: Try to turn the lights off, they say it can't be done because light is
a direct indication of time, and time is determined or calculated differently in dreams.
I've tested this several, and it seems to be true.

The following are experiments are yet to be done:

1) Feel my Heartbeat: placing my hand on my chest in hopes that it will reveal my heartbeat

2) Covering my Eyes: I'm hesitant because this may lead my mind to an unknowing
abyss, that I may not be aware of, I will try it nevertheless

3) Visit My Grandmother: She has passed away, However making contact would be
enlightening, however my guess is that one cannot control that. In this case I hope to
make contact without searching. In other words.... she will find me.

Edited by VAGHA, 07 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

VAGHA2012

#16 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I know people that have achieved lucidity and I am currently attempting to do so myself.
Wouldn't say it's bs.
Posted Image

#17 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

__________ is a hell of a drug.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#18 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

The references to other thread titles have me laughing out loud.
Posted Image

#19 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Once a person attains a lucid state in their dream, to help maintain this one should try to be purposeful, and target a solution.

body and face will start to transform/distort. The whole experience can be freaky.

4) Light switch: Try to turn the lights off, they say it can't be done because light is
a direct indication of time, and time is determined or calculated differently in dreams.

1) Feel my Heartbeat: placing my hand on my chest in hopes that it will reveal my heartbeat

enlightening, however my guess is that one cannot control that. In this case I hope to

thanks for sharing this, I agree it definitely isn't fake but a reality. The human body and the human mind/brain is so complex we are just beginning to learn...

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#20 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Yeah right buddy!

1. Heidi Klum

2. Angelina Jolie

Etc.
Posted Image

#21 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I used to Lucid dream a ton as a kid, now not so much.

I had a really wild one the other night though ;)
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#22 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,705 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have enough trouble staying lucid in my waking hours to start trying it while I sleep.

#23 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

The only lucid dreams I have include doing inappropriate things to very hot ladies. I can't say it's not a great time - because it truley is, but it would be nice if I had the ability to do other things as well.

Meh.. Now that I think about it, doing other things wouldn't be near as fun anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.