The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Players of All-Time - #31

-AJ-

#31 Player of All-Time  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stan Mikita had 6 nominations

Borje Salming had 2 nominations

Mikita was added to the list.

Congratulations to Valeri Kharlamov for being named the #30 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

#23 - Guy Lafleur

#24 - Pavel Bure

#25 - Eddie Shore

#26 - Phil Esposito

#27 - Teemu Selanne

#28 - Denis Potvin

#29 - Terry Sawchuk

#30 - Valeri Kharlamov

Voting for Howie Morenz. The best player before the Rocket and the best after Malone. He was a part of the first major scoring duo in the NHL paired with Aurele Joliat.

I will change my nomination from #30, and nominate Borje Salming.

I'm voting for Howie Morenz, arguably the greatest forward in history before Maurice Richard came around.

He placed in the top 10 in scoring ten times. He was one of the original 9 inductees to the Hall of Fame. Morenz was also the first player to score 50 points in a season, doing so in 1927-28. In 1931-32, he became the first player to win the Hart Trophy three times.

He was also the first player to ever have his number retired by a team, starting an ageless tradition.morenz.jpg

I'm gonna nominate a guy who I don't think will get in for a while, Bernie Federko. This guy is one of the most underrated forwards of all-time.

I'm gonna quote directly from his Wikipedia article because it explains him and how underrated he was quite well.

"Federko would score 100 points in a season four times, and was a consistent and underrated performer for the Blues. Federko scored at least 90 points in seven of the eight seasons between 1978 and 1986, and became the first player in NHL history to record at least 50 assists in 10 consecutive seasons.

However, in an era when Wayne Gretzky was scoring 200 points a season, Federko never got the attention many felt he deserved.

In 1986, in a poll conducted by GOAL magazine, he was named the most overlooked talent in hockey. His General Manager Ron Caron said he was "A great playmaker. He makes the average or above average player look like a star at times. He's such an unselfish player.""

one_federko03.jpg

Voting:jZ6cc.png

Nominating

6acw5.png

Borje Salming

This guy was a warrior. He was pretty much the first Swede to thrive in the NHL, and one of the first Europeans too for that matter. He amassed 787 points in 1148 games, not bad for a defenseman. He completely proved the "chicken swede" theory wrong as he got 1344 PIMS over his career, as well as his famous and horrific injury, in which his face was stepped on and he needed nearly 200 stitches. He paved the way for Swedes in the NHL, such as Mats Sundin, Daniel Afredsson, Henrik Zetterberg, the Sedin twins, Mattias Ohlund, Peter Forsberg and Nicklas Lidstrom. He remains a fan favourite in Toronto as well as all over Sweden.

vote Tretiak

Nominating the youngest ever player to win a Art Ross trophy and captain his team to win a Stanley Cup.  This player also scored the biggest goal in Canadian hockey history since 72 to win an Olympic Gold for Canada.  He's also a former Hart and Rocket Richard throphy winner and has a carrer point per game average of 1.4!!  Yup it's time to add Sidney Crosby to the list.

Archived