The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) VAN-PHI

***only if bryzgalove stays in the KHL because of the lockout****

rumors of players not returning from the KHL after the lockout are very real, and mr. universe might be one of the guys who stays over in russia. that leaves the flyers in a very bad position in net. they dont have brobovski anymore and now they must rely on leighton. not the idea situation. if luo agrees to waive his NTC to go to philly that would give them a very reliable goaltender and assures them they wont fall in the standings because of goaltending.

my trade

To Van: D Erik Gustafsson, RW Matt Read, 2013 2nd + 3rd

To Phi: G Roberto Luongo

we get:

-a good defensive prospect to add to the likes of Connauton, Sauve and Corrado

-a good top 6 winger that can play either on the 2nd or 3rd line. and hes young so he can get better than a 47pts player

-and a couple of draft picks, for this upcoming draft which is suppose to be very deep.

they get:

-an allstar goalie to replace and improve on bryzgalov. there goaltending situation gets resolved for the time being

-they free up some cap space

is this trade fair? can we get more for lou or are we underpaying? constructive feedback is appreciated

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) /Mason Raymond ($2.275m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,985,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $5,215,000

why? bryzgalov is gone to the KHL, they have leighton as there #1, hes an AHL goalie. luongo fills a need for them. read fills a need for us as a 2nd line RW, and gustafsson and the prosects we draft with the 2nd and 3rd rounders add to our prospect pool. can you explain to me why you would say no to this? thanks

***only if bryzgalove stays in the KHL because of the lockout****

rumors of players not returning from the KHL after the lockout are very real, and mr. universe might be one of the guys who stays over in russia. that leaves the flyers in a very bad position in net. they dont have brobovski anymore and now they must rely on leighton. not the idea situation. if luo agrees to waive his NTC to go to philly that would give them a very reliable goaltender and assures them they wont fall in the standings because of goaltending.

my trade

To Van: D Erik Gustafsson, RW Matt Read, 2013 2nd + 3rd

To Phi: G Roberto Luongo

we get:

-a good defensive prospect to add to the likes of Connauton, Sauve and Corrado

-a good top 6 winger that can play either on the 2nd or 3rd line. and hes young so he can get better than a 47pts player

-and a couple of draft picks, for this upcoming draft which is suppose to be very deep.

they get:

-an allstar goalie to replace and improve on bryzgalov. there goaltending situation gets resolved for the time being

-they free up some cap space

Various red flags for me on this one:

1.) "they free up some cap space" Where? Gustafsson and Read each makes $900K, Luongo makes $5.3 million.

2.) Gustafsson and Read may be players with a lot of potential, but they are both really lacking in size.

3.) As has been pointed out by others, Read has only had the one good season.

regards,

G.

Obviously only works is Bryzgalov doesn't come back.

I think that's a little more than Philly would be willing to pay as well. I'd rather have Simmonds or Voracek straight up for Luongo, But I wouldn't mind Luongo for Read and Gustafsson or Bourdon. Read is a very versatile, useful player.

Archived