The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Nathan Mackinnon

I honestly don't see the point in trading all our players away for a 1st overall pick, for a player that might make an impact in the NHL. There has been several times where the first overall was a complete bust. Not worth it.

ok, i know this is highly unlikely but im saying would u take the risk? trading gaunce, booth, edler and a first for mackinnon. who is unproven but has been compared to sidney crosby. im pretty sure a lot of people on here would trade gaunce, booth, edler and a first for crosby. pit wouldnt tho bcaus he is proven and a superstar. mackinnon isnt yet. im just saying what would u propose to get him, if hes the next sidney crosby then i would give up a lot and maybe take that risk

Here's a list of teams that will have the best shot at winning the lottery (no to Edmonton b/c they are stacked with 1st overall picks):

1. Toronto Maple Leafs

2. Winnipeg Jets

3. Columbus Blue Jackets

4. New York Islanders

5. Minnesota Wild

Now, being a Jets fan and season ticket holder, if we won the lottery and were offered Gaunce, Booth, Edler and a terrible first round draft pick for the Nathan Mackinnon, I would be embarressed that such an awful proposal existed.

It would take massive overpayment. Personally, I would want Kesler, Burrows plus some scraps in order to make it happen. Again, massive overpayment.

Its two players who could possibly be replaced, kassian, connauton. POSSIBLY! Not saying fr sure but its possible. And fr mackinnon who COULD be the next sidney crosby. Maybe. It would be a huge risk and its almost guaranteed that its not gunna happen. But wat would u trade fr him? I would trade gaunce,booth,edler,edler,luongo and a first if its a team that needs a goalie.

True enough. So that being said, let's turn this thing around: assuming the Canucks actually won the lottery (as small as that chance will be), what would it take for you to trade the #1 pick away?

regards,

G.

Archived