The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whos lockout opinion do you agree with: Wayne Gretzky or Bob McKenzie?

Southpop45

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

its really interesting that two really important hockey figures have different views on how the lockout will go:

bob mckenzie - when bob " the hockey god " mckenzie says he suspects the season will be lost, a real

bad shiver goes down my spine. as well as having 20 odd years of hockey/ nhl realted experience, he

is also an insider on what is really going on with these talks. however he did say there is room for hope

though.

wayne gretzky - the greazt one's opinion is always highly respected so when he said he thought that they

would be playing by jan1, i really started to get positive. however he is not apart of these talks in any way.

so you kind of have to take his opinion for whatever its worth.

what do you guys think?

Do you really think Gretz doesn't know what is going on? The greatest player to ever play the game, he's got connections. He knows whats going on, for sure.

As for your question, I guess we'll just have to wait and see - it could easily go either way. They could figure it out tomorrow, maybe not until next July. Who knows.

I'm going to go with Gretz, just because I HOPE we are seeing hockey by the new year.

It's just an opinion from two hockey people. To tell you the truth there is no one and I mean no one on this planet that knows when the lockout will end. Gary Betmen doesn't even know when it will end.

So take opinions for what they are. Right now, there are many signs that we will have jockey back and many that there will be no hockey. Pretty much glass half full/empty kind of situation at this point in time.

That is a horrible view to have, be more positive. If it doesn't start until December, that means we get Kesler back injury free and ready to go. It also means that guys like Kassian and Tanev get time in the minors to develop a bit before they go back to the NHL. I think if the season does start by December we could have a good chance to make a deep playoff run.

I hate that this whole lockout is about preserving the profits of the big clubs, but getting enough concessions from the players to support the crap ones.

If two teams fall over (which is the should happens as some teams are a false economy), 50 odd players reduce the pool to a more competitive level.

And they would have to compete for contracts that still fall within the salary cap.

You can decide for yourself who wins there; owners or players?

But then you will see the hockey would get better again!

So, does Wayne still have shares in Phoenix? Guess he is cheering for the players to bend, cuz he has the most to loose...

:blush:

To be honest, a small part of me hopes that the season is lost, and that the NHL (specifically the owners) feels some very, very serious, lasting and permanent damages because of this, which might force Gary to be replaced if for no other reason that the optics of it.

I will point out again that I live in Chicago, and the NHL lockout is NOT AN ISSUE down here. That can't be stressed enough. Nobody really cares. And it'll be even less relevant once the NBA starts up again in a few weeks' time.

The NHL has made a serious, serious error with this, and I'd kinda like to see it suffer some pretty severe consequences, to be frank.

This may sound bad but I personally hope they stay out for the whole season. Then these greedy pigs can really get together and decide how they will NOT divide the $3.3 Billion dollars they're scrapping over. Not only that but lets see them go to market and try to EARN back their fans. Watching MLB, NFL and MLS has filled my "sports" void for now.

Do you really think Gretz doesn't know what is going on? The greatest player to ever play the game, he's got connections. He knows whats going on, for sure.

As for your question, I guess we'll just have to wait and see - it could easily go either way. They could figure it out tomorrow, maybe not until next July. Who knows.

I'm going to go with Gretz, just because I HOPE we are seeing hockey by the new year.

you want to know whats more irritating.. when employees normally go on strike... or are locked out... the union meet daily with ownership to get a deal done as soon as possible...not with the nhl.. they meet once a week..or there are no talks planned....what a load of bs... which seems to me like they use the anger of fans as a bargaining chips....time to start a new league..nahl.... get er done..who is in..

To be honest, a small part of me hopes that the season is lost, and that the NHL (specifically the owners) feels some very, very serious, lasting and permanent damages because of this, which might force Gary to be replaced if for no other reason that the optics of it.

I will point out again that I live in Chicago, and the NHL lockout is NOT AN ISSUE down here. That can't be stressed enough. Nobody really cares. And it'll be even less relevant once the NBA starts up again in a few weeks' time.

The NHL has made a serious, serious error with this, and I'd kinda like to see it suffer some pretty severe consequences, to be frank.

Without a doubt, yes. I spent a significant amount of time in Tennessee last year. Same thing. Football, football, football. High school football, even, caused traffic jams.

And that's why it's so shocking that this is being done (again). The NHL is not nearly established enough outside of Canada and a select few fool-proof American markets (Chicago being one of them, even though they really don't care) to be taking games away.

Archived