The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whos lockout opinion do you agree with: Wayne Gretzky or Bob McKenzie?

Southpop45

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NHL needs to lose a year, fans, and money! The greed of the owners and players just disgusts me. They need to both take a cut in revenue and give the fans a break! Cut those ridiculous ticket prices down!! (Canada and other good markets) Get rid of those markets that don't produce and move them. It's so simple it's stupid. Losing a full year, or more just might accomplish that! Interest in the NHL will plummet, especially in the states, and markets will be forced to try and draw back their fan base. Canadian teams will still probably be fine as this is our sport. The american fan base doesn't care. It's football season.

Do you really think Gretz doesn't know what is going on? The greatest player to ever play the game, he's got connections. He knows whats going on, for sure.

As for your question, I guess we'll just have to wait and see - it could easily go either way. They could figure it out tomorrow, maybe not until next July. Who knows.

I'm going to go with Gretz, just because I HOPE we are seeing hockey by the new year.

The players made all the concessions last time, I have a feeling they aren't going to be making any major concessions this time around before the winter classic, its a good bargaining chip. Because of this, I'm leaning towards Bob McKenzie (whom has never really taken hockey off the table this season, but seems to be thinking the season being lost is a very real possibility).

There is a possibility this could be Bettman's demise. If the whole season is lost, I'm hoping we might see a division in the owners between the haves and the have-nots. I think if we start hearing of votes among the owners going 5/6 to 24/25, then Bettman will be gone when all the dust settles.

If the day ever comes where Bettman "steps down" or gets fired or whatever, I fully expect Olympic gold medal style exuberance to spill into the streets around Canada. Cars honking, flags waving, pure joy, the whole bit.

Archived