The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks assign Steven Anthony, Prab Rai, Adam Polasek, and Joe Cannata to ECHL.

CanuckRow

Unfortunately there's so many players that are above Rai in the depth chart right now. I don't see how he ever gets a shot with the Canucks.

If he had done well in his time with the Wings last season I would have hope. But if he's struggling in the ECHL, he's a long ways from making the NHL.

Odds are against Rai making the team, or the NHL. Countless young guys who had promise never pan out, whether because of injuries, luck or whatever - there's no denying that Rai's development was stagnant in the past couple of years. When there are guys like Schroeder still waiting to make the team... don't see it at all happening. It's not like canucks have a deep pool of prospects either. Hope he finds a nice job overseas.

• 3 weeks later...

Checking in on our ECHL prospects.

Archibald seems to be having success once again, as he is one of his teams top scorers with 6 Pts in 7G.

Cannata has had limited playing time, but is a perfect 2-0 in his games played with a 2.00GAA and .944 SV%.

Polasek is not doing bad, but not doing great. Just average.

Steven Anthony has pretty much just given up it seems like. 0 points in 6 games in a league he should be able to have success in by now. I've pretty much lost hope for this guy becoming an NHLer at any capacity.

Prab Rai is not playing right now, and doing little when he does.

Archived