Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canucks assign Steven Anthony, Prab Rai, Adam Polasek, and Joe Cannata to ECHL.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Odds are against Rai making the team, or the NHL. Countless young guys who had promise never pan out, whether because of injuries, luck or whatever - there's no denying that Rai's development was stagnant in the past couple of years. When there are guys like Schroeder still waiting to make the team... don't see it at all happening. It's not like canucks have a deep pool of prospects either. Hope he finds a nice job overseas.

#32 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Damn I really wanted to see a Lack-Cannata tandem.
Some day...(Watch out Schneids! lol)

#33 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Checking in on our ECHL prospects.

Archibald seems to be having success once again, as he is one of his teams top scorers with 6 Pts in 7G.

Cannata has had limited playing time, but is a perfect 2-0 in his games played with a 2.00GAA and .944 SV%.

Polasek is not doing bad, but not doing great. Just average.

Steven Anthony has pretty much just given up it seems like. 0 points in 6 games in a league he should be able to have success in by now. I've pretty much lost hope for this guy becoming an NHLer at any capacity.

Prab Rai is not playing right now, and doing little when he does.

Edited by DeNiro, 31 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#34 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Rai is a bust. Just like Honzik will be.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#35 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Rai is a bust. Just like Honzik will be.

Sorry to say, 5th round picks can't be labeled busts. After the 1st round its a coin toss, unless the draft is deep and has solid picks in the 2nd round.

If a 5th rounder pans out it's more of a bonus. If he doesn't pan out, it's expected.

Subbancopy.jpg

#36 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Sorry to say, 5th round picks can't be labeled busts. After the 1st round its a coin toss, unless the draft is deep and has solid picks in the 2nd round.

If a 5th rounder pans out it's more of a bonus. If he doesn't pan out, it's expected.

Yea, I would never complain about a 5th round pick not panning out. That's just expected.

If you wanna get mad about a round that year, it should be round 2 where we passed on Stepan, Hamonic, Scandella, and Schultz.

But if you look at the Canucks drafting over the last 4 years, we've managed to get some good players in the 3rd-5th rounds. Hutton, Grenier, Labate, Corrado, McNally, Connauton, and Price are all underrated prospects that are all leaders and top line players on their respective teams.

Edited by DeNiro, 31 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#37 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's swingtime for Anthony, Archibald, Rai, Polasek and Cannata!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#38 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

This. Poor guy has had a rough couple of years. But a 40 goal scorer in the WHL must have some upside. I'll keep an open mind about him this year.

Hope you don't feel disappointed when his poor performance forces you to "Chang your point of view" :P (sorry just had to do that lol)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#39 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

In Kalamazoo-zoo-zooooo!!!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.