The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks assign Archibald to ECHL

Squeak

I expect we'll see even more roster cuts coming. This puts the current roster at 28, still with 3 goalies, 8 defenseman, 17 forwards. I think Corbeil ultimately gets sent down then the other options fall on how many veterans they want to carry.

Disappointed to see Archibald get sent down, but I guess it was more of a numbers game. When the NHL eventually resumes I expect Archibald to get one of the 5-6 spots inevitably vacated.

I expect we'll see even more roster cuts coming. This puts the current roster at 28, still with 3 goalies, 8 defenseman, 17 forwards. I think Corbeil ultimately gets sent down then the other options fall on how many veterans they want to carry.

Disappointed to see Archibald get sent down, but I guess it was more of a numbers game. When the NHL eventually resumes I expect Archibald to get one of the 5-6 spots inevitably vacated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Corbeil was re-assigned to the St. John's Sea Dogs, leaving the Wolves with just two goalies now.

I think that should be it for roster cuts, since it's not that uncommon to carry that many forwards in the AHL.

Sucks to see Archibald go down, but something tells me he just doesn't have the work ethic. Hopefully he can learn that in the ECHL.

I was a skeptic about drafting Mallet > mature draft thing... But this appears positive for his prospects and he must be putting in the same effort that allowed him to improve so much after being passed on in earlier draft years that warranted a 2knd round pick...?

:towel:

Archibald was an undrafted signee I believe (someone can appreciatively confirm?)? DeNiro noted a thought the issue might be work ethic (?). You would think he would be even more motivated and put in the grunt...

<_<

Interesting that Mallet has made it further than Archibald. Seems like he's impressing the Wolves.

Was that not Hodgson? :huh:

But seriously; Archibald scored plenty in the ECHL and should be pressing like a bastard to take time from the Kassian's of the world. I doubt he would be taking his spot on talent (undrafted vs high first rounder); but we should have heard about him taking on Kassian, doing the high energy nasty job's that make it hard to cut you, to win a spot?

(Just like we should have saw a high energy, fit, Kassian busting heads and checking like a demon in the NHL last year...). We hear Kassian has been training like a demon this off season, where is Archibald at???

BUT HE'S THE NEXT LUCIC!!!11!!11!1!

Archived