The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting an iPhone 5: Which Plan and Carrier?

RyanKeslord17

So I will be getting an iPhone 5 pretty soon, but before I get it, I just wanted to get an opinion from you guys. Which carrier is the best in terms of how good their plans are and which is the best price? The rest of my family is with telus, and a minimum plan is $50/month for the iPhone5. Is 50 pretty much the minimum for all carriers? I see on Fido's website that they have a $40/month, but I'm not sure if that's only for select phones. Rogers too has a plan of $45 and $48/ month. I'm not too interested in a lot of data.. even a 100mb would do, as I have wi-fi pretty much everywhere ( work, school, home), except while traveling.

Anyone here have an iPhone 5? What is your plan like?

Throw in any suggestions you guys might have.

Thanks!

I have a iphone with a major career. Stupid move. I'm locked in for 3 years at approx $85.00 + tax per month. Most months my bill is more than $100.00 that because I go over the 500mb included in my plan.

I love my iphone but not the plan it came with. Waste of money really.

If you get an iphone go with one of those pay as you go plans. You can go to future shop and get a plan for $45 unlimited talk and data. Can't beat that. And you are not locked in at all. It's month to month.

I have an iPhone, but it's the 4s.

I am with Fido and they actually have pretty good plans, my plans not too bad.

I pay around $45 for unlimited texting, Unlimited talk on weekends and starting at 5, and 500 MB Data. Also the feature of Fido Dollars is pretty good. Great range also.

Could people stop coming into a iPhone thread talking about Samsung. Make your own Samsung thread if you don't have one, otherwise keep it in there.

I agree with this 100%. Do not buy a IPhone... They are fundamentally broken, locked down, tied up... And WOW! They just moved the headphone jack to the bottom and are reselling it as the IPHONE5!!! *mindblown*If you do have to get that piece of white garbage, go with Virgin...No contract, no stupid fees (911, Administration, Other Fees) *Telus, I am looking at you!*With Virgin Mobile, what you see for the price, is exactly what you pay (plus tax)

To all the people suggesting Samsung, it's a great phone, yes, but most of my friends have iPhone, so I want iMessage. Plus, I'm really not a big fan of how big that thing is. The iPhone IMO is the optimal size.

But anyway, can I go with Rogers and get the $48/month plan? It really fits my needs as I don't really want that much data, plus it has unlimited social networking.

Wait for a special deal that is tailored personally to you, as far as the big 3 are concerned they're practically the same anyways in prices and coverage otherwise. I can't tell you what deal is best for you, since we all have different things we want, just be patient and find one.. between now and Christmas is when the deals will be popping up in mass.

I will point out that if people invested more effort into their plans they'd get what they want. I convinced Bell to pull my Samsung Note from a phone+data+callerid/waiting/forwarding/voicemail+text plan to a data only tablet plan so I could use GV to make infinite calls over data throughout North America at $20/month rather than $70+.

Did you say your getting one soon? If can wait, maybe wait for one of the couiers to come out with a huge promotion. For example, Bell has promotion for the S3, but apple has no authorized any major promotions for the ip5 yet. So I guess you can wait for it. A lot of people are waiting for a huge promotion that can get you a ip5.

But a lot of people really can't wait for the ip5. T

Archived