The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting an iPhone 5: Which Plan and Carrier?

RyanKeslord17

I have a iphone with a major career. Stupid move. I'm locked in for 3 years at approx $85.00 + tax per month. Most months my bill is more than $100.00 that because I go over the 500mb included in my plan.

I love my iphone but not the plan it came with. Waste of money really.

If you get an iphone go with one of those pay as you go plans. You can go to future shop and get a plan for $45 unlimited talk and data. Can't beat that. And you are not locked in at all. It's month to month.

If your paying 85$ and not getting more than 500mb your service provider is owning you right now. You better be getting North American LD or something paying that price to atleast justify paying that much.

Example:

Fido offers an $80 plan giving you uniltd Canada wide calling, uniltd worldwide texting & 2gb data. You add a 6 value pack for vm + cd and it gets you to $86. This is the price a NEW customer gets, not even a retention plan.

To all the people suggesting Samsung, it's a great phone, yes, but most of my friends have iPhone, so I want iMessage. Plus, I'm really not a big fan of how big that thing is. The iPhone IMO is the optimal size.

But anyway, can I go with Rogers and get the $48/month plan? It really fits my needs as I don't really want that much data, plus it has unlimited social networking.

Do yourself a favour and buy the phone outright and don't get tied down to a contract. Depending on what you want, Wind has some cheap-ass plans, as does Fido.

Range and reception and such won't be as good as the bigger carriers, but you get what you pay for, I guess.

Honestly, if I were you, and an iPhone is your only choice, just buy a cheap 4s from people "upgrading" to the iPhone 5.

were the hell did you get this stat from?

Did you know about this android issue before you got your android phone?

issues over inconsistent phone problems, page reboots when flipping it to horizontal view, call drops, phone reboots, application reboots, chosing a video to watch and it loads up another video, inferior applications to its the ios,

Power cycyling (huge issue) and worst, knowing the current version sucks, and you have to wait for the manufacture to come up with an update....and living with at least dealing with 1 random glitch per day? Just overall, there are some instabality with android. A new update comes, fixes some problems, then new problems come. You can pretty much say, "oh these exists in all phones."

no it doesn't. I encountered 3 of the following issues within 10 minutes of using my friends s3. fail

Don't turn this into a ip5

Question for you guys. I currently use a blackberry (I know) on Bell with about a year left on my contract. I'm interested in getting the iphone 5. Can I simply purchase the iphone 5 say from Bell or Apple, can use it for the rest of contract using my blackberry plan? Or do I have to pay out my contract and get a new one with the iphone?

I found this website when I was trying to figure out which company to go with...I was looking at 1GB data so there are cheaper plans for less data, but for the most part the plans were pretty much identical...hope it helps!

http://www.comparecellular.com/compare-iphone-plans/comparison-table.asp?From=init&chkRP3705=1&chkRP3235=1&chkRP2923=1&x=27&y=18

Question for you guys. I currently use a blackberry (I know) on Bell with about a year left on my contract. I'm interested in getting the iphone 5. Can I simply purchase the iphone 5 say from Bell or Apple, can use it for the rest of contract using my blackberry plan? Or do I have to pay out my contract and get a new one with the iphone?

"No contract, no stupid fees (911, Administration, Other Fees) *Telus, I am looking at you!"

?? Telus has not had any monthly fees, minus the provincial 911 fees, on their plans for a couple of years now. And starting on October 14th they're even taking the lead and axing the one time activation or equipment transfer fees as well (they've been waived since the beginning of Sept, but they are now being phased out completely).

Oh, and you can buy a cellphone from any company with no contract, you just don't get the same heavy discount as you would with a contract.

Don't be bamboozled by the fancy talk of Virgin's "Supertab", it ain't no different than a length of term contract with a 'Device Balance' payout option.

Archived