The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Chi/Stl

logic

That's why I never believed the Bolland for Luongo rumors that were going around in the summer. If Gillis was offered Bolland for Luongo and didn't take it he should be fired on the spot (ok maybe I'm exaggerating). Vancouver will not get a better offer than Bolland (if that offer was real). If Bowman offered Bolland for Luongo he should be fired (no exaggeration). I think Gillis is a top notch GM and he would have accepted that deal if it was offered.

The closest example that I can think of (and like a few others have posted about) is Nash, look at the return Columbus got for Nash. Do you really think Luongo will bring more that Nash did?

Gillis stated he kicked the tires on Nash but did want want to give up what they were asking...

Something smells funny here because the Canucks could have put together a far better package

Luongo

Booth

First

Is a package far superior to what Columbus got

Not to mention we could have included OR substituted any of

Rodin

Sauve

Corrado

Cannauton

A combination of these assets could have easily

Been more attractive to CBJ

What happened then?

Luongo said no?

Gillis heavily low balled Howson and lost out on the exact player he is hoping Kassian turns into?

Gillis Is an idiot and didn't put together a good package

Nash said no to Vancouver...

Either way we could have put together a better package so Gillis is either an idiot for not doing it, or a lier for saying the price was too steep

Also possible nash didn't fit the "salary structure" of the team. Frankly, I'm getting sick of this internal salary structure... The reason it worked in Detroit is because they already won several cups prior to the lockout and their core decided "we are so good, well probably win cups so let's just take less"

Vancouver hasn't won bull and yet they think ppl will just sign here for less?

And if the salary structure is such a good idea- who would u rather have Ballard at 4.2? Or Edler at 6???

Gillis already showed us he rather have Ballard at 4.2 than Erhoff at 5.5-5.75

Gillis rather have a guy who can't crack the lineup, than a 50pnt player and the best PP quarterback we've had in franchise hx

Or at least in yrs

Archived