The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bieber fans vandalize Rick Rypien memorial

Alchemy Time

Pretty sad all around.

I mean c'mon. I hate "the Biebs" like most people who aren't teenage girls do, but this is stupid. It was a nice touch to write on a Skytrain Pillar thoughts and memories of Rick Rypien, but surely people didn't think it would be permanant? Over time the writing will fade, some random kid could spray it, it wasn't something that was going to last in the long run.

If it was a proper memorial or statue it would be a little more concerning. It was a case of a bunch of girls who probably have no clue or interest about hockey deciding to add to the one pillar that had writing on it already.

What she did was bad, but bullying her into depression is probably the last thing Rick Rypien would've wanted.

Plain and simple she should have apologized and volunteered to fix her mistake. She hasn't to this point and has done nothing but hide from the problem. You don't run from your mistakes, you sack the frack up and face it head on. Hopefully people will let it be and she will come to realize that she should rectify her mistake, as well as any others that did as she did.

Stawns, it doesn't matter what you believe about the validity of the pillar as a memorial to the late Rypien to be. All that matters is that I significant amount of people have been offended by her and other "Belieber's" actions. Of course the death threats, wishing her to die, etc. is too far past the line, but I don't exactly see a crapload of people here condoning that crap - anyone who does is just as immature as she is. This isn't that difficult a situation for her to diffuse if she just grew the frack up and took responsibility for her actions, no matter how inconsequential you believe them to be.

Archived