The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bieber fans vandalize Rick Rypien memorial

Alchemy Time

So posting death threats about her are ok but a little innuendo gets my post deleted?

If there are death threats, report them and they'll be gone (too). Things on Twitter I/we have no control over and we did address the over reactions here with a general message to all. It's a fine line - that freedom of speech thing. People are allowed to rant/vent and a fairly good discussion ensued as a result. But no, death threats are not ok.

Your comment was inappropriate by all standards, which is why it was deleted. :)

If there are death threats, report them and they'll be gone (too). Things on Twitter I/we have no control over and we did address the over reactions here with a general message to all. It's a fine line - that freedom of speech thing. People are allowed to rant/vent and a fairly good discussion ensued as a result. But no, death threats are not ok.

Your comment was inappropriate by all standards, which is why it was deleted. :)

The people who are mourning the loss of a guy who committed suicide due to depression are now sending death threats and trying to send a teenage girl into depression? Only Canucks fans..

Well, I shouldn't say Canucks fans. Chances are the lowlife's sending her threats are those who are aware that Vancouver has a hockey team and "cheer" for them in the playoffs.

So, you're saying you would look to see what was already written on the wall before writing your graffiti. :o

But seriously, I'm glad you avoided the rest of my point. Let me try once more with a multiple choice question.

What would you say is most likely (please rank in order from 1-3):

A. Rypien would not want us to vilify this girl for writing graffiti where she did.

B. Rypien would not care one way or the other.

C. Rypien would be ok with the responses she's getting.

You're argument against people using how Rypien might feel (or how it would represent his legacy) is that neither A nor B would be ranked #1.

Perhaps she was hoping for an autograph somehow? I'd argue she certainly didn't plan on coming down and writing graffiti in that particular spot. Not everyone is as smart as those of us that wouldn't write graffiti at 16, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. It happens. If it happened on any other concrete pillar, no one would have cared.

I can't stop laughing at how retarded this fan base is. It's a ???? STONE PILLAR. THERE ARE NO SIGNS SAYING IT'S A "MEMORIAL" OR ANYTHING. Half of you retards probably don't even know it's just a slab of concrete and think it's a statue of him or something.

The vast vast majority of the lower mainland (everyone but you no-lives) doesn't even know the ???? pillar is an "unofficial memorial." When a teenager sees people writing on a wall with NO MARKINGS SAYING IT'S A "MEMORIAL," YOU PROBABLY THINK PEOPLE JUST WRITE crap THERE. There is NO ???? chance she did this knowing it was a ???? "memorial" (it's a block of rock for fracks sake). Think about how much the average high school teenage GIRL knows about hockey? It's stupid yes (mostly because it's illegal), but not as dumb as you retards are acting. You're like apes, getting so angry over misunderstandings.

Oh and she's for sure going to have depression or anxiety after this. Probably wont leave her room ever again. Good thing that wasn't someone you gave a crap about right? ???? apes.

You're all so so sooo stupid. It baffles me how you guys can function on a day to day basis.

I guess the internet really brings out the savage, base nature of most people.

I can't stop laughing at how retarded this fan base is. It's a ???? STONE PILLAR. THERE ARE NO SIGNS SAYING IT'S A "MEMORIAL" OR ANYTHING. Half of you retards probably don't even know it's just a slab of concrete and think it's a statue of him or something.

The vast vast majority of the lower mainland (everyone but you no-lives) doesn't even know the ???? pillar is an "unofficial memorial." When a teenager sees people writing on a wall with NO MARKINGS SAYING IT'S A "MEMORIAL," YOU PROBABLY THINK PEOPLE JUST WRITE crap THERE. There is NO ???? chance she did this knowing it was a ???? "memorial" (it's a block of rock for fracks sake). Think about how much the average high school teenage GIRL knows about hockey? It's stupid yes (mostly because it's illegal), but not as dumb as you retards are acting. You're like apes, getting so angry over misunderstandings.

Oh and she's for sure going to have depression or anxiety after this. Probably wont leave her room ever again. Good thing that wasn't someone you gave a crap about right? ???? apes.

You're all so so sooo stupid. It baffles me how you guys can function on a day to day basis.

I agree 100% with your whole write up......

Archived