The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bieber fans vandalize Rick Rypien memorial

Alchemy Time

And now there's two more Bieber messages beside the old one.

WTF is wrong with people? Anything to provoke attention it seems.

I understand that it's not an official memorial, so it's like who cares? But doing it just to spite people that do care about it is just appalling.

Maybe instead of all the hate going on here we should direct our efforts into creating a proper and fitting memorial for the Ripper.a small plaque or something along those lines.I'm certainly willing to donate any time and or funds I can spare.Could we not try and get ahold of GMMG and get him on board with this?

I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Rypien died more than a year ago. This isn't even his official memorial. It's just a pillar.

His official memorial is somewhere else where his family wouldn't invite you to come.

Rypien always seemed like a cool guy. He'd probably just laugh it off. Considering how shy he was he probably wouldn't want any kind of memorial anyways.

It has now been posted by 99.3 and The Province on facebook. WOW, are some of the comments just brutal. The tweets I saw on The Province article are just disgusting! Wishing her to hang herself so this kid could deface her grave, looking at his twitter page though, you can see he is a real loser. But likely one who would punch her in the face if he saw her, or worse.

Once again "Canuck fans" have taken this to a whole new level. Congratulations! :picard:

This is being blown way out of proportion. 16 years old is old enough to know right and wrong but its not too old to make stupid mistakes. I made tons growing up and i still make them today. Rick Rypien himself made an even bigger stupid mistake a couple years ago when he lost his cool as a professional athlete and put his hands on an opposing teams fan. We didnt condone what he did, but for the most part, canuck fans supported him at that time and took it as "rick screwed up but is generally a good person". all im saying is, think about it people, as if there isnt 1 thing in your life you have done that you are not particularly proud of.

death threats to a teenage girl?? i know id be a complete hypocrite for doing it but if that was my little sister, you better believe id have a lynch mob on your front lawn before you were done admiring your internet tough guy tweet.

It has now been posted by 99.3 and The Province on facebook. WOW, are some of the comments just brutal. The tweets I saw on The Province article are just disgusting! Wishing her to hang herself so this kid could deface her grave, looking at his twitter page though, you can see he is a real loser. But likely one who would punch her in the face if he saw her, or worse.

Once again "Canuck fans" have taken this to a whole new level. Congratulations! :picard:

Archived