368 replies to this topic

#151 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Although it is quite dumb to do this, people here need to relax, she's just a kid!! Burn her at the stake, throw a bag of poop at her, wow, like we all haven't done stupid things when we were young, right?

Yes, except usually when i do something stupid (never anything this bad) i don't piss off a massive fan base and put my name all over it. In fact, i try to distance myself as much as i can from it. And also she is sixteen, she should know better.
Posted Image

#152 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Why would someone do this?

It disgusts me what people these days.

:mad:

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#153 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

so what should happen then? I've done stupid things in the past, I have taken ownership of my mistakes and did what I could to correct them, then I move on. I'm part of the massive fan base and I am not overtly pissed off, a little annoyed yes. Most 16 year olds are not overly concerned with the big picture just what is normally in front of them & this seems like it falls into that bracket, where as you have some adult doing this then yes I would be pissed off.

Edited by HaggisOBrien, 11 October 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#154 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

(but sending threats on twitter is quite ridiculous)

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

#155 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

After seeing some posts I realized this is what some people think:

Memorial for a well loved Canuck is equal to some stupid graffiti.

2qn360i.jpg

#156 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Disappointing.

I'm sorry to say, 16 is far old enough to understand the implications of her actions. You can't sit there and honestly say a 16-year-old is not cognizant enough to understand that tagging a memorial (makeshift or not) is acceptable. It's also too bad she decided to shut down her twitter instead of publicly apologizing and then going to clean up the mess she made.

It's also equally disappointing how overboard some people went with their reactions. Death threats and threats of physical harm? What the hell is wrong with people? It's equally immature and classless.

People need to give their heads a shake.

RIP LB RR PD

#157 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

POPULAR

The amount of hatred and vitriol in this thread is alarming...please don't use this as an opportunity to harass someone you don't know.

Yes, it definitely hurts the heart so see something so intrusive and meaningless at the site but it was likely just a mindless scribble done in a moment of zealous impulse. I think it would be worse if someone actually defaced the writing of others or added something hateful directed toward the memorial, but it seems like a moment of "I'll add my two cents" by someone out of touch and immature.

To suggest doing things at her home, etc. is equally so.

RIP Rick - let's protect his memory with love instead of hate? - it is, afterall, a heart not a middle finger that was added. Just seems wrong to me to attack so vehemently as it obviously wasn't directed AT Rick, it was careless placement of someone expressing their feelings. Yes, it was very poorly done as there was no consideration to what was already there and I, too, am deeply upset by it. But some of the comments are inappropriate so let's try to lead by example vs following the same path this idiot has taken.

Posted Image

#158 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

The amount of hatred and vitriol in this thread is alarming...please don't use this as an opportunity to harass someone you don't know.

Yes, it definitely hurts the heart so see something so intrusive and meaningless at the site but it was likely just a mindless scribble done in a moment of zealous impulse. I think it would be worse if someone actually defaced the writing of others or added something hateful directed toward the memorial, but it seems like a moment of "I'll add my two cents" by someone out of touch and immature.

To suggest doing things at her home, etc. is equally so.

RIP Rick - let's protect his memory with love instead of hate? Just seems wrong to me to attack so vehemently as it obviously wasn't directed AT Rick, it was careless placement of someone expressing their feelings. Yes, it was very poorly done as there was no consideration to what was already there and I, too, am deeply upset by it. But some of the comments are inappropriate so let's try to lead by example vs following the same path this idiot has taken.

Well said Deb. I do think the right move for her would be to go and clean it up, that being said, I'm pretty sure Rypien himself would be against some of the crap people have been spewing at this girl. Using Rypien's name to cyber bully this girl is equally disrespectful to his memory.

Posted Image~Biznow

#159 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,265 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

She atleast needed to appologize... That upsets me most.

Question: doesnt the other writing still count as grafitti? I personally dont think anything should be written on it.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#160 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

typical cdc over reaction..........off the high horses people, it's not a big deal, especially considerig what Nucks fans did to the city two years ago.

#161 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Step 1: Apologize
Step 2: If possible offer to clean it up, or buy a photo of Rick and cover it up
Step 3: 20-100 hours time raising money for Mindcheck. This would make her understand what she did was wrong, and help with Ryp's legacy.

Personally folks I think this is blown way the hell out of proportion. She didn't write Rick sucks, Bieber rules or something. She was just too stupid to realize she picked the wrong spot to put the wrong graffiti on.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#162 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

It's on Global news right now!

307mg00.jpg

#163 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Some of your responses make me embarrassed to cheer alongside you as a fan of this team. I love RYP and the fact that his legacy will be one of hope for others, but the personal attacks and "justifying" the hate towards this girl are very immature. This is someone's child. Think about how you would feel if this were your kid and people were treating him/her like this. While the act of "desecrating" his memorial is not cool, the response many of you have given is even more uncool. I am sure RYP would much rather you focus this energy on something like homelessness, kids at Canuck Place or just a random act of kindness. Turn a negative into a positive and watch the world change for the better.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#164 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

no excuse for what she did. I was taught at a very young age, that I shouldn't be writing or using graffidi at very young age. Graffiti.

School was better back then. With all the cut backs now, they barely teach crap in school.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#165 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

She was trying to be a attention whore and pretty much got what she asked for...kinda like those people on facebook that always 'check-in' to places constantly as if someone gives a s*&%.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#166 Seguin

Seguin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Biebers concert. Why would he NOT have some say in this? It was her proclamation of misguided adoration for him that defaced the wall. HIS concert drove her to go there. His lip synching is what got her so full of stupidity she didnt think defacing something was a bad decision. So HE is responsible as well. Not of the action, but he needs to come out and say that this type of action is NOT acceptable at his shows.She defaced a monument regardless whether it was national, or not. Someone writes on YOUR wall, and you clean it, you have the right to bill the perpetrator. This isnt even a grey area, its very black & white. Its absurd you would even argue this point.The difference between those that originally wrote there, and this bimbo is. They did it as part of a PUBLIC show of respect for a fallen hero that was encouraged by the team on their property. They have had over a year to be outraged if they wanted, instead, they used it in promotional campaigns. I am sure Rogers Arena has a FAR different outlook on this abomination....especially considering people are disgusted over this, as opposed to the feelings of respect shown to the original people that wrote on that pillar.I disagree on the weight of the backlash compared to what she still NEEDS to do. Public acceptance of this horrendously disrespectful act is required. Sitting at home moping over several of your friends calling you out over it isnt a reasonable punishment for this. Its absurd you would sit here and actually defend that as a reasonable penalty for what she did.Reena Virk? You are comparing a MURDER VICTIM to someone that defaced something? Wouldnt Kelly Ellard have been a more logical comparison (and may I say, a grossly inaccurate & unrelated one) since she was the murderer? What was your angle with this comparison?? Seriously? Was Virk publicly villified for something? Not that I ever heard of. SHE was a victim. This girl, isnt. She was the perpetrator. You need to, in the future, get someone to read your posts before you hit send. That way, you wont look so stupid next time you say something on here.Sincerely, EveryoneEDIT - I have no idea why this looks like 1 run on paragraph. I made several several smaller paragraphs in the original post. Quite annoying.

Sigh... Can't believe you're still going on about how Bieber should apologize... Do you think this young rich super celebrity gives two fracks about some silly mistake a young teen did on a pillar in Vancouver...? Let's be real, 10/10 of us wouldn't give a crap if we had such high 'status' like biebs. And I don't think there is any reason for him to apologize, it'll just blow it up even more. She will be in even more of a mental depression if it spreads outside of this city.

Seriously people, these threats... Just think... What would rypien do....

One word: mindcheck
Posted ImagePosted Image

#167 Seguin

Seguin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

And to those who don't know, it was not only one message on the memorial, there were up to a dozen Bieber messages on the pillar, so let's not let loose on this one girl.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#168 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

The vandal, Simran Mann, widely believed to be @SIMRAN_MANN_, as she posted that she was going to JB's concert in Vancouver.
This is absolutly disgusting. Show some respect.

http://twitpic.com/b2zgrf
Also, should this be in Canucks Talk? After all, Ryp is "Forever a Canuck".

I wonder why someone would be so stupid to to that, but also then to sign the fact she did it? Is there proof this girl was the one that actually vandalized it?

If so, shame on her, and her parents for not raising someone with enough sense and respect to 1. Not vandalize 2. Not desecrate a memorial to another human being, kind of as low as you can get.

#169 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,292 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

no excuse for what she did. I was taught at a very young age, that I shouldn't be writing or using graffidi at very young age. Graffiti.

School was better back then. With all the cut backs now, they barely teach crap in school.

That's really something your PARENTS should teach you, not your school. Teachers are there to teach you language, history, math etc. Unfortunately a lot of "parents" don't see it that way and don't do THEIR jobs.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#170 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

It's really not that bad, I was expecting something negative towards Ryp when i read the title. It doesn't even cover up other peoples messages. Just a shout out to Biebs carelessly written on something near by.... stupid and innapropriate, but hardly anything to be in arms about. Ryp would be the last person to care.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 11 October 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#171 Burrdin

Burrdin

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

RYP would be disappointed in those who are threatening and bullying this girl. Make her clean it off and then leave her alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this bullying leads to her being depressed. Now that would be the opposite of everything that Rypien and mindcheck stand for.

Think about it.

Exactly what I was thinking. The over-reaction here is unbelievable.

Also people seem to be acting like RYP was buried under his memorial and he doesn't have an actual grave somewhere else.

What she did was stupid and insensitive. Period. Give her a scolding. Maybe make her remove it. Leave it at that.

#172 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thinking of heading down there with a bucket of grey paint. I would assume that would cover it up?

Posted Image

#173 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

When you're 16, the stupid things you do are bust up a car late one night, black out somewhere, or get in a fight at a party or something. Not disrespect a dead person. This isn't "the ignorance of youth" because 16 is too old to be that ignorant. This is just a stupid girl.

Very disrespectful and idiotic. But she doesn't deserve death threats and whatnot, ease up a little.
Posted Image

#174 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Here's something to ponder:

As fans of Rick's, it's no secret to us that he battled with depression and (likely) other disorders that made life difficult for him. With that, a 16 year old's self esteem can PLUMMET after a barrage of threats and horrible comments directed her way....this can send someone into that dark place of depression and, if other supports aren't available or pre-existing conditions are present, send someone down that path of darkness. My daughter's very intense depression (and subsequent panic attacks/disorder) culminated at about this age and, to this day, it's a battle for her. It's a tender age when dealing with the reaction of others. Please think seriously about how harsh, hateful words can destroy a young person who may already be in a tough place or struggling to find their way.

In Rick's name/honour, we should never contribute to hateful acts that can send someone over the edge....especially at a critical age (16), where life can already be tough enough to figure out. Sure, be upset, but don't act on that or you're really no better than someone who, likely in a moment of excitement, drew a heart and her name. Keep it in perspective folks...

OK, off my high horse now. Carry on...

Posted Image

#175 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

If only people got this riled up towards lying politicians, maybe, just maybe, this would be a better country.

#176 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Blame her parents....where were mommy and daddy....JB was just the Babysitter that night lol

I dont care how old she was! Or what lame excuse she has...she was brought up wrong, to disrespect those who have moved on.

#177 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Posted ImageTyler Orton@reporton

Someone tried using nail-polish remover to wash Bieber messages. The end result? Lots of Rypien messages damaged, too.pic.twitter.com/dvQ4IXFu
Posted Image

#178 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

maybe it's time to make a REAL memorial

#179 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

She'll probably apologize on her twitter account after the Concert.

No appology, she just deleted her account.
Posted Image

#180 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

What a coward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.